Pure Kustom holsters

Jeffrey

Anyone with experience with these holsters? Specifically the Black ops. Recently I purchased a hellcat and am searching for an all leather rig for appendix and/or small of the back carry. This holster is also versatile to carry OWB which I like to do in winter. Only asking for feedback on it due to the price otherwise I'd probably just jump.

https://www.purekustom.com/

IMO they are worth every penny. I had one for a Springfield EMP that was my carry in the earlier days of CCL.

The leather is initially very stiff, almost like kydex but does break-in. They are also very form fitting, may need to put a plastic bag around the gun and work it in and out of the holster, or let it sit for a day or two.

The owner, who hand made everything is a super nice guy. I called with a few questions when I first ordered and he could not have been more accommodating.

They are a little pricey, but a world above anything you'll buy off a rack.

IMO they are worth every penny. I had one for a Springfield EMP that was my carry in the earlier days of CCL.

The leather is initially very stiff, almost like kydex but does break-in. They are also very form fitting, may need to put a plastic bag around the gun and work it in and out of the holster, or let it sit for a day or two.

The owner, who hand made everything is a super nice guy. I called with a few questions when I first ordered and he could not have been more accommodating.

Did you use the quick clips that is offered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have pretty much stuck with Milt Sparks VM2 over the years and have a number of their holsters, usually in horsehide with shark trim. I did look at this site, and I'm not understanding why the belt loops seem floppy? On the Sparks, the loop's are very rigid, with strong, one way snaps. I've never seen a PK in person, but just from what I can see, they don't appear to be to the same level as a Sparks, but the price sure is. I think across the board, Sparks have been pretty well known as one of the best in the business. The knock has always been the lead time. I know I waited for for almost 6 months one time, so you do have to plan accordingly.

I will mention that I also have a holster I got from Steven Kelley a number of years ago that was very top notch as well.

Just a little something to share.

post-3231-0-35944900-1600815379_thumb.jpg

Did you use the quick clips that is offered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The quick clips weren't offered when I bought mine. I did order the same style, but without the snap. I will admit the first few times I put the holster on was kind of a learning experience. (Tucking the holster in your pants and fishing your belt through the straps) I would imagine the quick clips would help solve that problem. The belt straps were fairly stiff.

If you have any questions or concerns, call and speak with Rocky. He was very pleasant and helpful and even worked with me on customizing the finish.

(Tucking the holster in your pants and fishing your belt through the straps)

I like to put the holster on my belt, put the pants on and then add the pistol!

I'm a fan of Privateer Leather. Wes has made outstanding holsters for my High Power (IWB Cutthroat) and a Sig P238 (OWB Corsair). I will order the reverse style for each pistol at some point. I'm kinda digging OWB these days.

Wait time for these custom made holster was not unreasonable. Price was affordable. Service was outstanding.

post-127-0-41422000-1600825387_thumb.jpg

When I want a leather rig my go to is Andrews Leather. Long wait time, he's a one man operation, top notch work with extreme attention to detail and he has a few videos on youtube where you can watch his process of making holsters. Not many out there are willing to share their knowledge and tricks of the trade.

Nice stuff from Andrews. I didn't see anything on his site that fit the hellcat although I wouldn't be surprised he has the mold for it. What drew me to the PK was obviously the finish but, the ability to use IWB or OWB from a nice leather was a great option as I typically carry IWB during summer and OWB when the long sleeves come out.

Archived