Couple draws guns at crowd in St Louis

Euler

I don't know but isn't this the entire aristocratic vision of the liberals? Naturally, in this situation, the disarmed peasants are being unruly, but seeing only they have weapons, they will survive another day to rule again. I'm not sure embracing them is going to do anything for us - As we are the peasants.

According to the article I read, there was armed people in the crowd and the crowd was threatening to kill them. Rich, poor, or otherwise, the two individuals were on their property and being threatened by a crowd. The right of self defense doesn't just apply to one class, one race, but to everyone. From what little I know of this situation, they appear to have the right to defend themselves.

If bringing them into the flock will help educate them and potentially bring one more person to understanding the the 2nd is for all, it doesn't hurt to open up the doors and have a conversation.

Reading the twitter feed previously posted is a hoot.

Now they have come out and claimed there were no blacks or BLM involved, only white agitators, in spite of photos showing otherwise.

I guess the guy is trying to do some 911 PR work since the media initially started believing (or wanting to) they were barefoot, drunken white racists with guns.

Looks like the local DA is looking for their scalps:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-st-louis-prosecutor-is-investigating-whether-the-white-couple-pointing-guns-at-black-lives-matter-protesters-from-their-mansion-broke-the-law/ar-BB167vsI

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly Gardner tweeted on Monday that her office is investigating whether the couple broke any laws.

"My office is currently working with the public and police to investigate these events," she wrote. "Make no mistake: we will not tolerate the use of force against those exercising their First Amendment rights, and will use the full power of Missouri law to hold people accountable."

No word from the DA on trespassing & destruction of private property complaints.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-st-louis-prosecutor-is-investigating-whether-the-white-couple-pointing-guns-at-black-lives-matter-protesters-from-their-mansion-broke-the-law/ar-BB167vsI

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly Gardner tweeted on Monday that her office is investigating whether the couple broke any laws.

"My office is currently working with the public and police to investigate these events," she wrote. "Make no mistake: we will not tolerate the use of force against those exercising their First Amendment rights, and will use the full power of Missouri law to hold people accountable."

No word from the DA on trespassing & destruction of private property complaints.

Birds of a feather..

I don't know but isn't this the entire aristocratic vision of the liberals? Naturally, in this situation, the disarmed peasants are being unruly, but seeing only they have weapons, they will survive another day to rule again. I'm not sure embracing them is going to do anything for us - As we are the peasants.

According to the article I read, there was armed people in the crowd and the crowd was threatening to kill them. Rich, poor, or otherwise, the two individuals were on their property and being threatened by a crowd. The right of self defense doesn't just apply to one class, one race, but to everyone. From what little I know of this situation, they appear to have the right to defend themselves.

If bringing them into the flock will help educate them and potentially bring one more person to understanding the the 2nd is for all, it doesn't hurt to open up the doors and have a conversation.

I haven't read every rag, nor watched all the videos, but my understanding is, the threats came AFTER they appeared with the guns in hand, which was pretty dumb imho.

But to your point about the 2A for all is a silly pipe-dream. Even the closet liberals here don't believe that, and strongly feel that only those who share their visions, and accept the aristocratic hierarchy are deserving to be gun owners. That's the thing most open armed conservatives don't get.

Go ahead. Run down there and educate them. They seem to need plenty. They might have survived the day, but I guaranty they will pay for that dumb display for many years to come in harassment, vandalism, and perhaps even legal action that remains to be seen. Can't fix stupid.

I haven't read every rag, nor watched all the videos, but my understanding is, the threats came AFTER they appeared with the guns in hand, which was pretty dumb imho.

But to your point about the 2A for all is a silly pipe-dream. Even the closet liberals here don't believe that, and strongly feel that only those who share their visions, and accept the aristocratic hierarchy are deserving to be gun owners. That's the thing most open armed conservatives don't get.

Go ahead. Run down there and educate them. They seem to need plenty. They might have survived the day, but I guaranty they will pay for that dumb display for many years to come in harassment, vandalism, and perhaps even legal action that remains to be seen. Can't fix stupid.

Glad our founding Fathers believed in silly pipe dreams, if they hadn't we would still be a British Colony.

I think a few here need to review the Justifiable Use of Force Laws. I live at the end of a gravel road, lane, driveway or whatever you want to call it. I built the road, I paid for the road, the road is on land I own. If a crowd of "protesters" comes down my road do you expect me to hide in my house?

Police said they were still investigating but labeled it a case of trespassing and assault by intimidation against the couple by protesters in the racially diverse crowd.

So...somebody is defending themselves... Media freaks out..ITS NEWS ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Meanwhile out in Provo...(Wont be news)

Video has emerged showing a vehicle being surrounded by what appear to be Black Lives Matter rioters in Provo, Utah, showing one protestor shoot into the car.

The person in the SUV can be seen speeding away following two gun shots.

A blac bloc Antifa/BLM militant fired multiple times into an SUV in Provo, Utah during a Black Lives Matter demonstration on Monday. pic.twitter.com/KmsK6pgagc

— Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) June 30, 2020

A zoomed-in video shows one protestor pulling a firearm and shooting at the SUV.

Zoomed in and slowed down video clearly shows rioters pull a gun and shoot into the truck before it attempts to escape. Is this what #BlackLivesMatter is about? #DezNat pic.twitter.com/zN3DT3tHpy

— H O S S DezNat News Man (@NiasDiad) June 30, 2020

Well...good luck with that...

This story gets weirder by the day....

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jun/29/mark-and-patricia-mccloskey-st-louis-couple-who-pu/

Couple who pulled guns on protesters support Black Lives Matter, attorney says

By - Associated Press - Monday, June 29, 2020

ST. LOUIS — A white couple who stood outside their St. Louis mansion and pointed guns at protesters support the Black Lives Matter movement and don’t want to become heroes to those who oppose the cause, their attorney said Monday.

:

:

Their attorney, Albert Watkins, told The Associated Press on Monday that the couple are long-time civil rights advocates and support the message of the Black Lives Matter movement. He said they grabbed their guns when two or three protesters - who were white - violently threatened the couple and their property and that of their neighbors.

“The most important thing for them is that their images (holding the guns) don’t become the basis for a rallying cry for people who oppose the Black Lives Matter message,” Watkins said. “They want to make it really clear that they believe the Black Lives Matter message is important.”

Glad our founding Fathers believed in silly pipe dreams, if they hadn't we would still be a British Colony.

Obviously this is flying far over your head son, so carry on. Convince them to support someone else's 2A rights.

He said they grabbed their guns when two or three protesters - who were white - violently threatened the couple and their property and that of their neighbors.

The most important thing for them is that their images (holding the guns) dont become the basis for a rallying cry for people who oppose the Black Lives Matter message, Watkins said. They want to make it really clear that they believe the Black Lives Matter message is important.

Which is the kinda statement you get when 2 lawyers hire a lawyer to put out a statement, totally betraying the truth.

https://twitter.com/tomscocca/status/1277806222977138690

Wasnt a gun, it was a microphone they were being threatened with, being liberal they mistook it for a gun. And the protestors they were pointing the gun at were definitely black.

I don't see how there can be a 1st amendment question. As a lawyer, the prosecutor should know that the 1st amendment protects the citizens from government prohibition of free speech. As I understand it, a private business/homeowner can control what speech is allowed on their private property. Most likely a homeowners association/corporation owns the common areas like the street. The homeowners were not the government and were not acting of behalf of the government. They were, by their account, protecting their home because the "protesters" were on private property that they apparently only accessed by tearing down a valuable antique gate and walking on a private street and/or sidewalk and supposedly threatening the owners. Now, if the protesters had been out on the public street and the homeowner threatened to shoot them for yelling/protesting on the public street, that may be a much different story.

Birds of a feather..

Malicious prosecution!

Molly - some day they're gonna make you a Saint.

I thought she was already !

As for the St. Louis prosecutor, Kim Gardner, don't forget that she is the one that trumped up charges against then Governor Eric Greitens. Her "special investigator" that she hired at public expense, is now under investigation for fraud and perjury, as is she.

As for the "mob", the moment they broke open that locked and marked gate, they became criminals. The entire area is "private property", even the street as the owners, NOT the city, maintain it.

BRAVO!!!! I wonder if they need help defending their property- since the police wont help "We The People" can!

Nope, not defending a bunch of liberals. We the people will not be helping out because it may violate anti militia laws these people work so hard to pass. https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/st-louis-state-senate-candidate-not-keeping-gun-toting-lawyer-s-campaign-contribution/article_d5646fbd-df82-5fd1-9683-0b90369825a6.html

The Mccloskeys are DNC donors, even to Moms Demand Action endorsed candidates. Day after day these people are getting what they deserve. Let them live in the fear they thought they were immune to living in a gated community.

While charges likely arent warranted I hope they get absolutely destroyed in the court of public opinion. Starting with their terrible trigger discipline.Mark-McCloskey-and-Patricia-McCloskey-Ho

If I think I’am going to have to use it my finger would definitely be on the trigger.

Second Amendment Rights are blind in my world. They see neither political affiliation nor skin color as qualifiers for participation. I have ran a few hundred people through my concealed carry classes and while I do not know how the majority votes, I do know that I have trained a LOT of Democrats and a LOT of Republicans. I find it very naive to believe that owning a firearm will somehow turn a person's political priorities 180 degrees. I live in a rural area where its hard to tell the Liberals from the Conservatives without yard signs. Both parties know that the police are probably not going to be there in an emergency and firearm ownership is common.

+1!

Never point your weapon at a target you don’t intend to destroy. Ain’t that rule number one? They weren’t just a crowd or peaceful protestors but pointing a gun at someone who isn’t an immediate threat with your finger on the trigger is a crime.

She could have easily killed someone with a negligent discharge. These aren’t the kind of gun owners we want to get behind especially when they probably support gun control for everyone else.

Wasnt a gun, it was a microphone they were being threatened with, being liberal they mistook it for a gun. And the protestors they were pointing the gun at were definitely black.
It looks like the guy was pointing the microphone as if it was a gun. Cops have shot people for mistaking a cellphone for a gun. They should make a law requiring all long barreled microphones with shrouds to have orange colored tips.

It looks like the guy was pointing the microphone as if it was a gun. Cops have shot people for mistaking a cellphone for a gun. They should make a law requiring all long barreled microphones with shrouds to have orange colored tips.

Was it a shotgun mic?

Was it a shotgun mic?

Booooo! LOL

They're learning the hard way. A Liberal is just a Conservative who hasn’t been a victim of a crime yet.

Paying property taxes on my first home led me to cast first vote for republican -

Ronald Reagan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I think I’am going to have to use it my finger would definitely be on the trigger.

I can't say for sure because I've never been in the situation, but every single bit of training and practice I've done all the way done to just blowing off steam at the range my finger has been off the trigger until the very instant I decide to shoot. I can't imagine I'd have my finger on the trigger at the range the mob was, because because if any of them tried to rush me or bring a firearm up I'd have more than enough time to move my finger to the trigger and squeeze

Never point your weapon at a target you don’t intend to destroy. Ain’t that rule number one? They weren’t just a crowd or peaceful protestors but pointing a gun at someone who isn’t an immediate threat with your finger on the trigger is a crime.

She could have easily killed someone with a negligent discharge. These aren’t the kind of gun owners we want to get behind especially when they probably support gun control for everyone else.

I agree. Since spike in gun purchases due to the lockdowns and now the civil unrest I've felt that these new gun owners are going to end up largely a new generation of Funds. This time though it won't be hunting rifles and shotguns that are sacrosanct, it will be handguns. They will still believe that no needs and "assault rifle" and will keep a pre-existing belief that hunting is barbaric and unneccessary

That he had an AR gives me some hope, but I don't think he's representative of the majority of new gun owners

I had an interesting interaction about 10 days ago.

I met a young man to deliver a video graphics card my son had sold to him.

We made some small talk for a few moments and I just mentioned the pandemic and he blurts out "I'm a liberal. F'n hate Trump and republicans but I love guns."

I just sort of nodded and and replied "great" and stopped talking in order that he might pay me and I could leave.

Nope. He popped open his truck and there is an SKS on top of the spare tire. He tells me all about it, the specs and what he paid for it.

Inside a rolled towel he unwraps and reveals a Colt 6920, brand new. Boxes of ammo tossed here and there.

He is pretty worked up about politics and activism but he is yes sir and no sir and a engineering major at the university.

At this point I was done smiling and nodding and just said I need to go.

He tucks his head into the driver's door and rifles thru his console, throwing a sub nosed revolver on the passenger seat.

I trade him a receipt for the cash and leave.

I was caught off guard by the conversation but thought about it most of the next day.

I always try to give folks the benefit of the doubt, but he seems to fit a certain profile pretty well.

Maybe she intended to destroy, conditionally on their implementation of their threats.

Reposting again for context at who she was pointing the gun at with her finger on the trigger.

https://twitter.com/tomscocca/status/1277806222977138690

These are the armed white people threatening to kill them according to their lawyer released statement.

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/forum/uploads/monthly_07_2020/post-16154-0-35128800-1593709974.jpeg

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/forum/uploads/monthly_07_2020/post-16154-0-45419100-1593709984.png

Sues the police department to keep up their gated mansion on behalf of the community, demands to be worshipped for gentrifying (getting a really good deal on a mansion while demanding the police keep out the community that made the property cheap in the first place), cries victim when the police department doesnt show up to help them. When all else fails irresponsibly wave the guns they told us wed never need for situations that never happen.

Everything reinforces these are unrepentant NIMBY limousine liberals who bend space and time so theyre always the victim deserving protection, but F all those other evil white people with guns. They will never be allies because they will always use their money and power to assure they are the last people to have both police protection and guns.

post-16154-0-35128800-1593709974_thumb.jpeg

post-16154-0-45419100-1593709984_thumb.png

Archived