Foid Renewal Wait Time

Question remains, is ISP back on track?

I renewed my FOID card back on Feb 2 2020, the web portal shows my payment, and that I am still under review 15 months later.

I had a couple of friends go 14 months before getting theirs renewed, so should I just keep waiting , or should I be rattling someone’s cage about now?

Question remains, is ISP back on track?

I renewed my FOID card back on Feb 2 2020, the web portal shows my payment, and that I am still under review 15 months later.

I had a couple of friends go 14 months before getting theirs renewed, so should I just keep waiting , or should I be rattling someone’s cage about now?

We should definitely send an inquiry. Send me a private message with your full legal name, date of birth, and FOID number.

My FOID was scheduled to expire on 8/1/2021. The renewal button appeared on the ISP site on 5/2 so I immediately renewed. To my surprise, my new FOID arrived in today's mail. It took only 8 days from the day that I renewed until the new FOID was in my possession.

That is phenomenal, I wish they could get through the older renewals like this too.

My FOID was scheduled to expire on 8/1/2021. The renewal button appeared on the ISP site on 5/2 so I immediately renewed. To my surprise, my new FOID arrived in today's mail. It took only 8 days from the day that I renewed until the new FOID was in my possession.

That is phenomenal, I wish they could get through the older renewals like this too.

There's a stack of printouts in the office that fell on the floor last year. Once they finally hired somebody's relative to pile them up again, they started going through them one at a time from the top down. Unfortunately, they only have one inbox, so the new requests are getting put on top of the old pile and are thus cleared first. At least when a specific request comes in to find someone's old renewal, they hire that relative back to sort through the pile.

Hard to believe but ....

I applied for FOID renewal on May 3, 2021.

ISP website said "Active" and "Issued" on May 6th, 2021.

Delivered to me in today's mail .... May 12, 2021.

Nine days from start to finish to get a FOID card renewal ...

FYI ... my old FOID was set to expire in August ... so I lost three months. But I'm not complaining.

And yet, I'm still waiting for my CCL renewal after applying last July 2020, which says "Under Review."

Hi, I'm so glad there is a community for this. I don't understand why they can't get their sh*# together and we get penalized for pursuing things as responsible citizens through legal means (and actually pay for it!!) Criminals don't wait so this is unacceptable. Enough time has passed where they can get their ducks in a row! (Rant over)

My FOID application will be coming up on 6 months in a couple of days. I cannot acquire my CCW without! (I can only imagine the asinine wait time on that!)

Can somebody please assist with this?? Molly?

Hi, I'm so glad there is a community for this. I don't understand why they can't get their sh*# together and we get penalized for pursuing things as responsible citizens through legal means (and actually pay for it!!) Criminals don't wait so this is unacceptable. Enough time has passed where they can get their ducks in a row! (Rant over)

My FOID application will be coming up on 6 months in a couple of days. I cannot acquire my CCW without! (I can only imagine the asinine wait time on that!)

You can not acquire a CCL yes, but you could apply and start that process. Many have applied for both the foid and the CCL at the same time and in fact got them both within weeks of each other.

So if you have applied for the foid and you have taken the CCL class just apply and sit back.

Please send me a private message with your full legal name, date of birth, and FOID application number.

When did you submit the application? by phone or online?

Since we live in Illinois, we can't buy a gun or ammo without a FOID card .... so I'm assuming since you want to start the CCL process, you already own a firearm and ammo.

If you don't own a gun, I know that back when I originally took the class in 2015, my CCL instructor had a loaner gun that he loaned to one person in our class. Don't remember if he also provided ammo or if he borrowed some from another class member. And I don't know if any instructors still do that. And you do have to pass a shooting test ... not hard to do, but you need to know how to shoot to pass the course.

But if you own a gun and ammo already, go ahead and take the CCL course! And join the club of those of us who are waiting ... you'll probably get your CCL before I get my renewal CCL since the state is processing new applicants first.

Hi everybody! I’m a little late to the experience sharing portion But, thought I’d share in the spirit of this great community

FOID Application

4/13/2020

Approved

11/13/2020

Wife

FOID Application

6/7/2020

Approved

10/7/2020

Unsure what or how they process the apps. At least as far as the order but also seems like there’s not much order LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is getting near to renewing their FOID card, we would like to know if the 10 year address requirement pops up. Please let us know.

Molly , I just sent in my renewal for FOID card. The 10 year requirement was prefilled in for my application.

My FOID card expires 6 - 1 - 21. The wait begins.

If anyone is getting near to renewing their FOID card, we would like to know if the 10 year address requirement pops up. Please let us know.

Molly , I just sent in my renewal for FOID card. The 10 year requirement was prefilled in for my application.

Papa, if I may ask, is there a way for you to log back in and view the renewal application. If there is can you capture a screen shot of it.

I ask because I have contacted my state representatives office and they contacted ISP and were told that there is no 10 year requirement for addresses for the FOID.

Papa, if I may ask, is there a way for you to log back in and view the renewal application. If there is can you capture a screen shot of it.

I ask because I have contacted my state representatives office and they contacted ISP and were told that there is no 10 year requirement for addresses for the FOID.

If there is a way , I don't know how to do it. I just went back and logged in and all it showed was that I had renewed and it was pending. When I was going through my app. it was prefilled out . Also it went all the way back to 1997 which covered my last 3 addresses.

We had our house burn in 2004 and we moved to town. That address is where I lived until I moved to my current address in 2016.

If there is a way , I don't know how to do it. I just went back and logged in and all it showed was that I had renewed and it was pending. When I was going through my app. it was prefilled out . Also it went all the way back to 1997 which covered my last 3 addresses.

We had our house burn in 2004 and we moved to town. That address is where I lived until I moved to my current address in 2016.

Thank you for trying. We need someone to grab a screen shot or print out the page that shows the 10 year requirement for the FOID application / renewal.

I have talked with Molly and she thinks it might have been a glitch in their system first time around. But if it is happening frequently, I would like to show proof of this to my state representative so we can get it fixed/stopped.

Again thank you.

Archived