Foid Renewal Wait Time

I just did the FOID renewal last night, we'll see how long it takes....

It was the whole shebang - I had to make an account, then after the account was working, then I tried the renewal, and it went so fast I said "huh?" so I finished it up and  paid.

I knew changes were coming so I waited until 2022 to do it all - my expiration was/is feb 2022 and they notified me November 19, 2021 and mailed the letter November 22, 2021.

we'll see how it shakes out...

On 1/11/2022 at 12:15 AM, markthesignguy said:

first time back to check, monday night after first business day.

"under review"

further down on page:

"Your submission successfully completed the background review and has been sent to await printing."

I am very jealous-

For my FOID Renewal (Expires 4/1/2022):

No letter received.

Application Submitted: 12/8/2021

For what it is worth, CCL Fingerprints on File. CCL Renewed August, 2021 (After almost 220 Days)

Dates:                                    Status

12/08/2021 to 01/05/2022  "We have received your submission and your payment was successful. We have not yet reviewed any aspect of your application. It is in the verification queue."

01/06/2022 to 01/11/2022  "Your submission successfully completed the background review and has been sent to await printing"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 12:15 AM, markthesignguy said:

first time back to check, monday night after first business day.

"under review"

further down on page:

"Your submission successfully completed the background review and has been sent to await printing."

Just looked at it, :

ACTIVE   PRINTED 2/1/2022   EXPIRATION 2/1/2032

Your card is valid. If your card was recently issued, it is on its way to you. Please allow time for printing and mailing. Please contact our office if you have not received the card within 45 days of the issue date.

Renewed on 11/30/21.  Went active 1/24/22.  Received my card today (02/09/22). 

Both the issue date and expiration date are not on the new card either, so I guess goodbye online ammo purchases.  Figures the state would figure out a was to take more of our rights away all while disguising this as a good thing.  I don't believe for a second they didn't know what they were doing or that this was unintended.

Here' my stats,

CCL renewal 1/10/21

FOID renewal 12/27/21

Letter sent to Director Kelly 11/6/21

No movement what so ever on CCL. Still says "We have received your submission and your payment was successful. We have not yet reviewed any aspect of your application. It is in the verification queue." 1 year and 1 month later.

FOID application says "We have completed our initial review of your submission and have determined that all necessary items are present. Your application has been moved to the background review queue."

Beyond ridiculous. I've had a FOID for 30+ years. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I goofed up.

Not having received the FOID in the mail  by 2-20-2022 (with a printing date of 2-1-2022) I reported it LOST, and paid $5 for a replacement.

Today the FOID showed up, 2-24-2022.  The FIRST FOID, which shows a mailed meter date of 2-18-2022....

oh well...

edit - second FOID has postal meter date of March 9, 2022

i got it after a reasonable  mail transit delay.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 4:23 PM, Biff said:

Here' my stats,

CCL renewal 1/10/21

FOID renewal 12/27/21

Letter sent to Director Kelly 11/6/21

No movement what so ever on CCL. Still says "We have received your submission and your payment was successful. We have not yet reviewed any aspect of your application. It is in the verification queue." 1 year and 1 month later.

FOID application says "We have completed our initial review of your submission and have determined that all necessary items are present. Your application has been moved to the background review queue."

Beyond ridiculous. I've had a FOID for 30+ years. 

Finally both cards showed up in the mail today 3/4/22.

CCL just shy of 1 year 2 months.

FOID about 9 weeks.

Found it interesting that both came at the same time. I thought I read that ISP was timing them to expire around the same dates 5 years apart. 

Glad it's done for this round.

I want to thank Molly for the advice given. I appreciate it

Submitted renewal 11/3/21. ISP portal says out for printing in January. Still no sign of new FOID. 

Sent inquiry thru the portal, no response. Sent email to my supposedly very pro 2A state rep's office, got canned response basically saying not to bother them until at least 6 months from renewal submission.

My daughter submitted her renewal a week after I did and had her new card in hand in less than 2 weeks.

This is beyond frustrating.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/9/2022 at 8:28 PM, ilphil said:

Submitted renewal 11/3/21. ISP portal says out for printing in January. Still no sign of new FOID. 

Sent inquiry thru the portal, no response. Sent email to my supposedly very pro 2A state rep's office, got canned response basically saying not to bother them until at least 6 months from renewal submission.

My daughter submitted her renewal a week after I did and had her new card in hand in less than 2 weeks.

This is beyond frustrating.

• 3 months later...

Archived