Foid Renewal Wait Time

I'm back in the waiting room. I got my replacement for a lost card in March after a 8 1/2 month wait. Of course, they renewed it with the original expiration date. I applied on the first day the renewal tab appeared. I am also 67 days under review for my Concealed Carry application. The ISP portal is showing the same application number for both cards.

I'm back in the waiting room. I got my replacement for a lost card in March after a 8 1/2 month wait. Of course, they renewed it with the original expiration date. I applied on the first day the renewal tab appeared. I am also 67 days under review for my Concealed Carry application. The ISP portal is showing the same application number for both cards.

Applied the night of June 2 and was under review until today. I now show active and issued. If you take out the weekend, that's a three day turnaround. Maybe it went so quick because I got the replacement 2 1/2 months ago. I'll post again when it hits the mail box. The Concealed Carry card still shows under review.

Applied July of 2020, was originally denied due to address being different on DL than records. (Understandable)

Denial happened in November, changed address via DMV in December. Card was finally approved & status switched to "Active" as of 5/15/21. Still no card in hand, though..

I actually find the process to be funny moreso than frustrating, however I'm not sure if I ought to simply wait this out or go the route of contacting anyone..

Applied July of 2020, was originally denied due to address being different on DL than records. (Understandable)

Denial happened in November, changed address via DMV in December. Card was finally approved & status switched to "Active" as of 5/15/21. Still no card in hand, though..

I actually find the process to be funny moreso than frustrating, however I'm not sure if I ought to simply wait this out or go the route of contacting anyone..

From the ISP FAQ

What if I did not receive my FOID Card?

Please first allow for the 30-day or 60 business-day processing time -- plus time for mail delivery -- to pass before calling to check on the status of your FOID application. If at that time you have not received your FOID card, call the Customer Service Center at 217-782-7980. If the card was returned to the Illinois State Police as undeliverable by the USPS, it will only be mailed out again after you contact the Firearms Services Bureau at the number above. If you notify the Bureau within 6 months of application that you did not receive your card, a replacement card will be sent to you at no charge. After 6 months, you will need to apply for a replacement card.

P.S. This isnt my research, its a copy n paste from another knowledgeable member!

Applied the night of June 2 and was under review until today. I now show active and issued. If you take out the weekend, that's a three day turnaround. Maybe it went so quick because I got the replacement 2 1/2 months ago. I'll post again when it hits the mail box. The Concealed Carry card still shows under review.

Received my renewal FOID card today. Eleven days from application to in hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Shockingly spoke to someone at ISP today. They stated that all renewals are on hold? With no idea when they will get back to them. I guess I’ll just have to wait. Going into month 9.

If and it’s a reach, if they are placing them on hold are they waiting for a bill to pass etc with shorter timelines till expire or fix the FOID etc?

Just makes no sense that they would say there is a hold on new FOID apps or renewals when we have members here stating they are getting them approved with a week now instead of months near years!

And it begins….

Both DW and I submitted renewals this afternoon.

And yes, it had past 10 year’s residences auto filled from previous CCL application/renewal.

Other than that portal functioned as expected with virtually all info already populated.

And it begins….

Both DW and I submitted renewals this afternoon.

And yes, it had past 10 year’s residences auto filled from previous CCL application/renewal.

Other than that portal functioned as expected with virtually all info already populated.

Wife went active 7/12/2021. 6 days from submitted. Waiting on physical card.

Mine’s still under review. If I recall correctly when we did CCL renewals mine lagged hers by a couple days….

Archived