Foid Renewal Wait Time

If anyone is getting near to renewing their FOID card, we would like to know if the 10 year address requirement pops up. Please let us know.

Molly , I just sent in my renewal for FOID card. The 10 year requirement was prefilled in for my application.

My FOID card expires 6 - 1 - 21. The wait begins.

Papa, if I may ask, is there a way for you to log back in and view the renewal application. If there is can you capture a screen shot of it.

I ask because I have contacted my state representatives office and they contacted ISP and were told that there is no 10 year requirement for addresses for the FOID.

Wouldn’t it easier for some one in their office to make an account and see for themselves and take screens?

If they are that interested, just saying!

Active means approved and on the way to the printer.

REALLY?!?!?!? I just applied on 5/03/21. Sounds like this may be my lucky month....

Thank you Molly.

LOTTERY !

Unfortunately, I realized yesterday that the "Active" status on file was referring to my FOID card...not the CCL....it suddenly turned into a "No Soup for You!" moment....sigh...

Ive been waiting since October. This is beyond ridiculous. Can anything be done? Thanks

Even though as of recent, times seem to have been getting better, whatever date you sent in the application, add 292 days, and wait until that date. This seems to be the average. My cousin has been waiting since September 10th.

My father in law has been waiting since July 24th

Ive been waiting since October. This is beyond ridiculous. Can anything be done? Thanks

Even though as of recent, times seem to have been getting better, whatever date you sent in the application, add 292 days, and wait until that date. This seems to be the average. My cousin has been waiting since September 10th.

My father in law has been waiting since July 24th

New app or renewal?

I actually came here today to say that I see why so many people decide to pursue the "gun show loop hole." However, just now I discovered that my FOID request was approved on May 21st! So, I guess that I no longer have a reason to complain. I had applied in August 2020. So, I was only a three months from a full year of waiting.

Well, now I'll see how long before I can get the conceal and carry permit.

I actually came here today to say that I see why so many people decide to pursue the "gun show loop hole." However, just now I discovered that my FOID request was approved on May 21st! So, I guess that I no longer have a reason to complain. I had applied in August 2020. So, I was only a three months from a full year of waiting.

Well, now I'll see how long before I can get the conceal and carry permit.

There is no “gun show loophole” in Illinois.

Buying a firearm at a gun show has the same background check requirements as buying on at a brick and mortar gun store.

If anyone is getting near to renewing their FOID card, we would like to know if the 10 year address requirement pops up. Please let us know.

Molly , I just sent in my renewal for FOID card. The 10 year requirement was prefilled in for my application.

My FOID card expires 6 - 1 - 21. The wait begins.

Submitted renewal for FOID 5 - 17 - 21

It seems my FOID card went active 5 - 25 - 21 .... = 6 days not counting Saturday and Sunday.

It seems that they are taking from the top of the stack. This is not fair to those who have waited so long to get their permission slip.

I'll throw my 2 cents in here.

I think the ISP is making an effort to send out FOID's and FCCL's quickly to help their lawsuit that was filed against them by the ISRA due to their delays.

I think they want to go into court and say, "see we're getting these out ahead of the required time" hence trying to make their lawsuit against them moot.

Just my opinion,

I think the ISP is making an effort to send out FOID's and FCCL's quickly to help their lawsuit that was filed against them by the ISRA due to their delays.

I think they want to go into court and say, "see we're getting these out ahead of the required time" hence trying to make their lawsuit against them moot.

Just my opinion,

Wasn't one of their upgrades to automate the FOID renewals and applications and only if something comes up then the system kicks it to an operator. If that system is in place now, that could be what we are seeing, and everyone that is stuck in limbo for months if not years. They are still stuck in the old system of everything being done one by one by hand.

Just my opinion,

Wasn't one of their upgrades to automate the FOID renewals and applications and only if something comes up then the system kicks it to an operator. If that system is in place now, that could be what we are seeing, and everyone that is stuck in limbo for months if not years. They are still stuck in the old system of everything being done one by one by hand.

That I don't know.

While it's great to see people recently submitting apps get approved in record time, I don't think those in control are doing it with good intentions. I suspect they are prioritizing newly submitted apps over the backlog to drive down processing times. That way they can claim it's getting better and recently submitted apps are being processed within the required time frames. Why else would they not process the apps in chronological order?

I think this is the case. The older applications very well could be stalled in the old process.

Renewed 11/27/2020, still Under Review.

I'd imagine ISRA's recent positioning on the FOID bill will come back to haunt them in yet another failed lawsuit that they are outwitted by their defendant.

I really hope residents put the fire to Pearson, I'm sure he is living a nice lavish life at the expense of his donors who sent their money for representation of "their" beliefs. Not his.

My F O I D timeline ....

Submitted renewal 5 - 17 - 21

went active 5 - 25 - 21

in my mailbox today 5 - 29 - 21

Incredible !! :shocked:

Congratulations.

yes that’s incredible, as I filed for my renewal on 2-2-20. 16 months ago and still under review. Molly made an inquiry about it last month, along with my Representative. Still waiting.

Archived