Foid Renewal Wait Time

So I guess when the ISP says it is doing better with processing time this is the isolated example they are referring to. - My wife's FOID card became eligible for renewal 4/1/21. Figuring there is no rush to renew I waited to send in her renewal application and fee on 4/15/21 figuring nothing will happen if she's lucky until next year. So this morning I went to get todays mail and found a envelop from the ISP. Can you guess what I found? My wife's FOID card was inside with the issue date of 4/22/21. That is 7 days to process a FOID renewal and 7 days to mail it and have in her hand. That's right 14 days from start to finish. Unbelievable!

Now on the other hand my FOID card renewal became eligible to renew 6/1/2020 in which I sent in my renewal application and fee 6/4/2020. As of today 4/29/21 my FOID card status is still "Under Review". I even have fingerprints on file from my CCL I renewed in 2019 in which ISP reissued an updated FOID card but at that time it was an unexpired FOID. Again Unbelievable!

My question is should I continue to be patient and wait for this insane process to continue? Or? Should I do something that I don't believe will change anything in this broken, by design, system? And what could I do that would possibly work since they refuse to answer their phones or respond to emails?

So I guess when the ISP says it is doing better with processing time this is the isolated example they are referring to. - My wife's FOID card became eligible for renewal 4/1/21. Figuring there is no rush to renew I waited to send in her renewal application and fee on 4/15/21 figuring nothing will happen if she's lucky until next year. So this morning I went to get todays mail and found a envelop from the ISP. Can you guess what I found? My wife's FOID card was inside with the issue date of 4/22/21. That is 7 days to process a FOID renewal and 7 days to mail it and have in her hand. That's right 14 days from start to finish. Unbelievable!

Now on the other hand my FOID card renewal became eligible to renew 6/1/2020 in which I sent in my renewal application and fee 6/4/2020. As of today 4/29/21 my FOID card status is still "Under Review". I even have fingerprints on file from my CCL I renewed in 2019 in which ISP reissued an updated FOID card but at that time it was an unexpired FOID. Again Unbelievable!

My question is should I continue to be patient and wait for this insane process to continue? Or? Should I do something that I don't believe will change anything in this broken, by design, system? And what could I do that would possibly work since they refuse to answer their phones or respond to emails?

We should send in an inquiry. You are welcome to send me a private message with your full legal name, date of birth, and foid number.

Advice and suggestions appreciated.

My FOID expires 8/1/21 and, if I understand it correctly, I am now in that "90 day window" to renew.

This card has lasted for 10 years and the last time I renewed was with a paper app and "snail mail". As a result, I have NO idea of what and how to do this.

My computer skills used to be pretty good but I am still using a Windows 7 OS with "Office 2000", soooo - - - . :no: :frantics:

My FOID expires 8/1/21 and, if I understand it correctly, I am now in that "90 day window" to renew.

This card has lasted for 10 years and the last time I renewed was with a paper app and "snail mail". As a result, I have NO idea of what and how to do this.

My computer skills used to be pretty good but I am still using a Windows 7 OS with "Office 2000", soooo - - - . :no: :frantics:

Plan ahead: have someone take a clear head-and-shoulders photo of you against a light solid background. You'll need to submit that so they can match it to your D/L photo. Get that photo onto your computer.

Do everything that follows on your computer, not a mobile device.

Go to https://www.ispfsb.com/ and into the FOID Card section. Register as a New User and enter any/all relevant info. I think you enter your FOID number when you're doing that. After you have that set up, then you should be able to fill out the renewal application. There's not much to the application itself. During the application, you'll upload your photo and pay the renewal fee. If you use a credit card, there's a small additional fee to offset the cost of the transaction, so I think it's $11 total.

I a, wondering, since the Brown FOID case has been found unconstitutional, and since it is being appealed to the Illinois Supreme Court, if the police are actually arresting / issue if citations to anyone for failure to have a FOID?

If anyone is, then a good lawyer will have your case “stayed” until the outcome of the Brown FOID case.

Heck any good DA, should dismiss he case until then. But a good lawyer should be able to get a case stayed until then.

This isn’t California, but I do know a lawyer in California, that got a case stayed on a magazine ban, pending the outcome of Duncan v Becerra.

Don't enter any personal information in a Windows 7 rig - there are more security holes in that than Swiss cheese - just an fyi

Don't enter any personal information in a Windows 7 rig - there are more security holes in that than Swiss cheese - just an fyi

No choice. It's the only computer I have and no "mobile" device either.

No choice. It's the only computer I have and no "mobile" device either.

My advice is, if you don’t have anyone with a updated computer is to go your local gun shop, most of them are doing applications.

My FOID was set to expire 07/01

The renewal portal became available on 04/01.

I applied for renewal on 04/26.

New card was issued 04/30. I received it in the mail today.

It's dated 04/30/2021. I thought they were dating them at the expiration of the previous cards so people didn't lose (in my case (2) months) of the time they paid for on the expiring cards. (I know, I know...I should be happy to have the new card and go buy a lottery ticket.)

I am, however, at a 10+ months wait time for my CCL renewal. I renewed it on 06/27/2020. Still waiting...

I do not mean to argue against the idea of protecting personal information, but is there really an increased threat by using the ISP website? He has been online for years.

He has over 2000 posts here. The ISP is a https sight. He is not clicking on some random email or popup.

I am just asking. I certainly am not an expert.

It's dated 04/30/2021. I thought they were dating them at the expiration of the previous cards so people didn't lose (in my case (2) months) of the time they paid for on the expiring cards. (I know, I know...I should be happy to have the new card and go buy a lottery ticket.)

I am, however, at a 10+ months wait time for my CCL renewal. I renewed it on 06/27/2020. Still waiting...

4 total days from click/renewal to approved?

And 36 days in the mail?

We need to start focusing on the USPS!

4 total days from click/renewal to approved?

And 36 days in the mail?

We need to start focusing on the USPS!

How do you come up with 36 days in the mail? According to my calendar, April 30 (04/30) to May 6 (05/06) is 6 days from issue date to receipt.

Chief Illiniwek, I miss you at the games ... but I also "feel" your pain at losing a couple of months on your FOID card.

My FOID was set to expire in early Aug 2021, so when my portal opened up on May 3th, I started the renewal process. A few days later, my ISP website said FOID was "Active" with a issue date of May 6th, 2021. Assume the card is in the mail, but I lost 3 months off the old FOID. Meanwhile, I renewed my CCL back in July 2020, and am still "under review."

Archived