Foid Renewal Wait Time

First time poster and 70 days since I applied. I talked to a lady on the ISP customer service number. The QC is complete and is OK. Now waiting for the background check. She said it can take 8 months. :(

If you apply to rent an apartment, a background check comes back in 24 hours. A Utah permit takes about two weeks.

First time poster and 70 days since I applied. I talked to a lady on the ISP customer service number. The QC is complete and is OK. Now waiting for the background check. She said it can take 8 months. :(

If you apply to rent an apartment, a background check comes back in 24 hours. A Utah permit takes about two weeks.

So we should start sending our CCL apps to our landlords instead of the ISP? I knew we were doing it wrong.

So we should start sending our CCL apps to our landlords instead of the ISP? I knew we were doing it wrong.

Or, landlords are good-hearted people who don't care all that much who they rent to? Either way, what does ISP do that's takes so long?

Hey everyone,

-Started FOID APPEAL 3/30/20

-FOID ACTIVE 1/12/21 258 days from appeal

-FOID RENEWAL 1/12/21

After back & fourth with ISP I contacted state rep on 3/15/21 and he contacted ISP.

-He contacted me back 3/31/21 saying I would be active & receive my card within 7-10 days.

-FOID RENEWAL went ‘ACTIVE’ 3/31/21 56 business days & 78 calendar days since renewal.

Still waiting for the card. Goodluck to everyone who is still waiting.

Do we have to wait for the actual card to buy firearms? My FFL did not accept a printout of the ISPFSB status page.

Its up to the local FFL policies. They would be more inclined to accept printout of your payment I think.

ISP FAQ

My FOID card shows that it is expired, but these rules mean that it is still valid. I went to my local dealer and they refused to sell me ammunition and/or a firearm. Why?

Dealers are required to check your FOID card before selling ammunition and/or a firearm. A dealer may decline to sell ammunition and/or a firearm if they so choose. Policies on this issue may vary from store to store. Federal regulations pertaining to the purchase of ammunition and firearms have not changed

Archived