Foid Renewal Wait Time

Wife’s FOID Card application went active 1/5/21 It is now the 1/19/21 and it’s not in the mail yet? Should I be concerned??

2 weeks?...no. Given the current state of USPS deliveries and the ISP iirc says allow 30 days, be patient. Sign up for informed delivery and you should see when its getting delivered.

Wife’s FOID Card application went active 1/5/21 It is now the 1/19/21 and it’s not in the mail yet? Should I be concerned??

2 weeks?...no. Given the current state of USPS deliveries and the ISP iirc says allow 30 days, be patient. Sign up for informed delivery and you should see when its getting delivered.

Thank you:.

I’ve been waiting on a Foid Card since March 27th 2020....300 days smh

Can’t get anyone on the phone and they never respond to my emails

First time or renewal? What is the current status of your card on the ISP dashboard page?

Renewal, But I never received a card after I had my revocation appealed.

When my appeal was granted i received a phone call stating that I should be receiving my FOID within 2 weeks but it could take a little longer, fast forward its been 300 days and the status still says under review

Hello everyone, first post here so I hope I'm in the right place.

I am a somewhat new resident to IL and applied for a new FOID card right after I got my IL driver's license. I applied on August 7 and in am still listed as Under Review on the website. I called ISP in October or November and was told that all I could do was wait and I emailed them last month and have yet to receive a response. I am now hearing of people who applied after I did and have already received their FOID cards.

Is there some part of obtaining a FOID that requires a variable amount of time to process? How is it possible that people who applied after me have already received their cards? I know they are dealing with unprecedented volumes of applications but I am just under a 6 month wait for something that was supposed to be processed in 30 days.

By the time you read all the previous posts about the wait times, you’ll have your card!

And as for the whole 30 day processing time, every time the ISP uses their super spy internet thingy and sees someone type “it’s supposed to be 30 days only!” They start laughing at their desks and processing for all cards stop that day......

Hello everyone, first post here so I hope I'm in the right place.

I am a somewhat new resident to IL and applied for a new FOID card right after I got my IL driver's license. I applied on August 7 and in am still listed as Under Review on the website. I called ISP in October or November and was told that all I could do was wait and I emailed them last month and have yet to receive a response. I am now hearing of people who applied after I did and have already received their FOID cards.

Is there some part of obtaining a FOID that requires a variable amount of time to process? How is it possible that people who applied after me have already received their cards? I know they are dealing with unprecedented volumes of applications but I am just under a 6 month wait for something that was supposed to be processed in 30 days.

Please send me a private message with you full legal name, date of birth, and FOID application number.

First time or renewal? What is the current status of your card on the ISP dashboard page?

When my appeal was granted i received a phone call stating that I should be receiving my FOID within 2 weeks but it could take a little longer, fast forward its been 300 days and the status still says under review

Please send me a private message with your full legal name, date of birth, and FOID card number.

Please send me a private message with your full legal name, date of birth, and FOID card number.

Private message sent

I wasn't to worried about my CCL and FOID as I have the print out from their website showing they have been applied and payed for. Then I found out very few stores will sell you ammo and no one will sell you guns. With ammo so hard to find this is a real problem.

Hi,I just signed up here to post regarding my 6 month wait for my foid/ccl. I applied for my foid early July and applied for my ccl early August with fingerprints...and I'm still waiting.

I called ISP once after 30 days and they pretty much said there's nothing they can do. I recently emailed them as well, but of course haven't received a response. On top of that I contacted my representative and tried to contact our senators but that went nowhere.

My FOID renewal reapplied on November 2, 2020 with expiration on Feb 2, 2021.

Status is Under review as of 1/29/21.

Do we have a official record/document of FOID renewals that have been reapplied before expiration date getting an extension ? If so for how long ? Where can I print a copy of this permission

Also should I expect any issue at either Illinois gun stores or ranges where FOID is required for ammo or services like range time ?

I applied for my first time FOID on 06-15-2020.

Sent an email to the ISP 9 days ago and heard nothing back.

How is it possible that people who applied after me have already received their cards?

I know they are swamped with applications but I am over 7 month wait for something that supposed to be processed in 30 days?

Dont expect to get a response to your e-mail. Sounds like a reach out to Molly may be in order. See #441 and #442 above.

I applied for new card, first time applicant on May 14 2020, as of January 5 2021 status says active and January 5 is the issue date yet to no surprise as of today it still has not came in the mail yet. Any insight on this timeline of waiting for it to come in the mail? Thanks in advance

A couple of weeks is normal but ISP says 30 days. And given state of USPS these days...

I applied for new card, first time applicant on May 14 2020, as of January 5 2021 status says active and January 5 is the issue date yet to no surprise as of today it still has not came in the mail yet. Any insight on this timeline of waiting for it to come in the mail? Thanks in advance

Going 'active' no long equates to being mailed. ISP suggests waiting at least 30 days for delivery. If it has not arrived by then, DO NO submit a request for replacement unless you want to pay again and wait another 8-12 months. Message me if it doesn't arrive.

Archived