Foid Renewal Wait Time

Finally got on the new ISP site to check Wife's FOID renewal status.

Sent renewal in 4-14-20, still shows under review. This is beyond aggravating.............

T

Well the renewal card application should still be good for up to 18 months post Covid declaration end although some stores policies do not recognize. They are processing new apps ahead of renewals so thats adding time to get processed and physical card. Patience...

Sent renewal in 4-14-20, still shows under review. This is beyond aggravating.............

T

Glad to hear again that you got thru.

Three peat?

I feel better knowing I brightened your day.

Next time Ill check with you first before I post since you seem to be the self appointed hall monitor.

T.

T

Glad to hear again that you got thru.

Three peat?

I feel better knowing I brightened your day.

Next time Ill check with you first before I post since you seem to be the self appointed hall monitor.

T.

nope

just always good to hear good news

and u missed the purple

oh well

Applied 7/26/2020 still Under Review. 127 days and counting... Sent an email to the ISP 3 days ago and have heard nothing back, I sent another email today to my local representative to see if they can help me. Molly B any info to help me out?

I applied 6/25/2020.....still Under Review....Finally got through to ISP and was told wait times are now 6.5 months

Applied 7/26/2020 still Under Review. 127 days and counting... Sent an email to the ISP 3 days ago and have heard nothing back, I sent another email today to my local representative to see if they can help me. Molly B any info to help me out?

I applied 6/25/2020.....still Under Review....Finally got through to ISP and was told wait times are now 6.5 months

New foid or renewal?

New foid or renewal?

What date is more relevant on a renewal? I reapplied 9 months ago and officially expired 6 months ago. I’m under COVID -19 rules but that doesn’t help me any if I try to purchase things, especially at a big box type store. Luckily my LGS understands the situation.

New foid or renewal?

new foid

I’m under COVID -19 rules but that doesn’t help me any if I try to purchase things, especially at a big box type store. Luckily my LGS understands the situation.

If you have a CCL, you are allowed to buy using that instead of FOID, but I suppose store policy might not let you do that either.

I’m waiting for that as well, a new application. It’s only been a month so it may be interesting to see what shows up first.

I’m under COVID -19 rules but that doesn’t help me any if I try to purchase things, especially at a big box type store. Luckily my LGS understands the situation.

If you have a CCL, you are allowed to buy using that instead of FOID, but I suppose store policy might not let you do that either.

I’m waiting for that as well, a new application. It’s only been a month so it may be interesting to see what shows up first.

Well my foid shows active as of 12/4, hopefully it doesn't take another 6 months to mail.

Im under COVID -19 rules but that doesnt help me any if I try to purchase things, especially at a big box type store. Luckily my LGS understands the situation.

Im waiting for that as well, a new application. Its only been a month so it may be interesting to see what shows up first.

Well my foid shows active as of 12/4, hopefully it doesn't take another 6 months to mail.

If now showing active, I'd expect within a couple of weeks. They need to sort, batch then deliver cards (or get picked up) to USPS. And then you get the fun of USPS delivering to right address in a timely manner. Check out informed delivery at USPS.

My wife's FOID went active on Friday 12/04/20, 382 calendar days / 258 business days after renewing it on 11/18/19.

Many thanks to Molly for her help and tireless effort at dealing with all this behind the scenes!

6 months maybe but how in the world does it take over a year? There is no way for them to have a reasonable explanation for that...is there?

My wife's FOID went active on Friday 12/04/20, 382 calendar days / 258 business days after renewing it on 11/18/19.

Many thanks to Molly for her help and tireless effort at dealing with all this behind the scenes!

6 months maybe but how in the world does it take over a year? There is no way for them to have a reasonable explanation for that...is there?

No explanation was given, but given the speed of the response from the individuals involved, I have a suspicion it was just lost in somebody's inbox somewhere and thus overlooked.

Edit to add: I assume they don't have a way to alert someone to "Under Review" applications in date order, oldest applications first. This is desperately needed.

I have no confirmation of my supposition but I think sometimes an application or renewal gets hung up in the computer system and does not actually enter the cue to be reviewed. Once ISP is alerted to a FOID renewal taking more than even the extended time period, as in this case over a year, maybe it can be manually moved into cue. I am guessing here.

No explanation was given, but given the speed of the response from the individuals involved, I have a suspicion it was just lost in somebody's inbox somewhere and thus overlooked.

Edit to add: I assume they don't have a way to alert someone to "Under Review" applications in date order, oldest applications first. This is desperately needed.

Decent software should produce info on items in queue, how long its been aged in queue, assign next one, etc. but maybe they dont even have that kind of software being used.

Decent software should produce info on items in queue, how long its been aged in queue, assign next one, etc. but maybe they dont even have that kind of software being used.

I wouldn't be surprised. I work in insurance software and the system we use to track things has MULTIPLE ways to lose things.

Archived