Foid Renewal Wait Time

https://abc7chicago.com/illinois-foid-card-application-il-status/7182577/

ISP says they are working on it - hiring more people

Hate to be skeptical, but they said that months ago...and months before that. Bet it also doesnt help with phones and the people who have apps caught up in limbo. Wasnt there also a 6 month training period? Too bad they didnt get some of that $37M back.

Hate to be skeptical, but they said that months ago...and months before that. Bet it also doesnt help with phones and the people who have apps caught up in limbo. Wasnt there also a 6 month training period? Too bad they didnt get some of that $37M back.

if you read the article all of the delays are Rauner’s fault even though Pritzker has been in office for years.

if you read the article all of the delays are Rauners fault even though Pritzker has been in office for years.

I saw that. Had to read it twice originally to make sure what I was reading. "Financial instability brought on by the lack of a budget in the prior administration"

Renewed my CCL with address change and no training cert on 7/23...... havent been really watching since I dont care for at least another 18 months, and I didnt send the cert.... but did check last night and my FOID switched back from under review to active at some point.. thats 62 business days assuming it switched yesterday (again I havent checked so it may have been sooner)..... I assume they will eventually mail me out a new FOID card

I will eventually get around to sending in the training cert if they ever make it clear how that can be done after the renewal has been submited

My wife's initial FOID application submitted on 6/21/20

Went QC_Verified on 10/8/20

Still waiting for Approved. This even after she called ISP back in August to confirm all of her information as correct. She has a perfect record. Not even a parking ticket.

She'll most likely go Active by Dec 3rd.

She got ACTIVE 10/20/20. She's ecstatic.

My wife's initial FOID application submitted on 6/21/20

Went QC_Verified on 10/8/20

Still waiting for Approved. This even after she called ISP back in August to confirm all of her information as correct. She has a perfect record. Not even a parking ticket.

She'll most likely go Active by Dec 3rd.

She got ACTIVE 10/20/20. She's ecstatic.

Ah ok.

New ISP website design? Looks a little better. I didn’t have any issues with the phone text # verification.

looked under ‘elements’ tonight, I’m APPROVED. Business day 142. Hopefully not too much longer to get it in hand.

Did you see the private message I sent to you on Sept. 28th?

Hi Molly,

yes I did, and to my embarrassment I did not reply. Things got busy at work and home, and I just decided to let it go a little while longer rather than follow up as you suggested; I was still around that 6 months window a lot of other people were experiencing. Assuming ‘approved’ turns into ‘active’ and the card arrives in my mailbox soon, I should be ok.

Thank you for your help.

Applied for lost card 5/4/2020

Just went approved 10/23/2020

Let's see how long before printed and sent.

When mine went to approved 3-4 months ago it was about 1.5-2 weeks before getting card.

Ahhh

Now you spoiled his wait!

Wait?

That is speedy for this backwards state..............................break their own statutes at will!

Here's my experience. Still waiting.

New FOID application - April 2020

Sat in "Under Review" status for months, so on the advice of a friend I called my State Representative's office in late September 2020.

Rep's office called ISP, and reported back to me that they are delayed due to COVID, etc.

I just learned about the Inspect Element trick about a week ago (mid-October 2020). I then checked my status online and it said QC_VERIFIED, but I don't know whether it had just moved to that status after the Rep's office called ISP, or was in that status prior to the call.

It's still in QC_VERIFIED.

I will try the phone number and the 1-1-3 combination this week, to see if it helps any.

Here's my experience. Still waiting.

New FOID application - April 2020

Sat in "Under Review" status for months, so on the advice of a friend I called my State Representative's office in late September 2020.

Rep's office called ISP, and reported back to me that they are delayed due to COVID, etc.

I just learned about the Inspect Element trick about a week ago (mid-October 2020). I then checked my status online and it said QC_VERIFIED, but I don't know whether it had just moved to that status after the Rep's office called ISP, or was in that status prior to the call.

It's still in QC_VERIFIED.

I will try the phone number and the 1-1-3 combination this week, to see if it helps any.

I tried calling a few months after hitting qc_verified and was told that I would have to wait for the background check. That was almost a month ago and I'm still at qc_verified. I might try calling again this week if I get the time, but so far it hasn't seemed to help.

I think calling is hit or miss for getting beyond qc_verified, although YMMV.

I originally called and got pushed to qc_verified back in August and was told in September that I was at the last step for the background check (squeeky clean record).

That said, there's a number of stories of people moving forward at an amazing pace.

New ISP website design? Looks a little better. I didn’t have any issues with the phone text # verification.

looked under ‘elements’ tonight, I’m APPROVED. Business day 142. Hopefully not too much longer to get it in hand.

I've been sitting on APPROVED for at least two or three months on my renewal.

Sounds like something got messed up if sitting at APPROVED that long. The next step is printing card moving to Active. Even if it took them a couple of weeks before next printing cycle and a couple of weeks to get mailed out.

Update:

Renewed FOID on 3/02/2020

Submitted CCL on 6/03/2020 which changed the the application number of the FOID to match the application number of the CCL

Using inspect element trick saw status had change to Approved on 10/17/2020

Status changed to Active yesterday (10/20/2020)

Now just waiting for mail.

Received card in the mail today (10/28/2020)

Sounds like something got messed up if sitting at APPROVED that long. The next step is printing card moving to Active. Even if it took them a couple of weeks before next printing cycle and a couple of weeks to get mailed out.

The status is still "Under Review" but if I do the inspect element trick, it shows QC_Verified, Submitted, and Approved.

Archived