Foid Renewal Wait Time

Applied 5/25/2020

QC verified 8/2/2020

It's been over 4 months.

I called ISP this morning and their system is fully automated. I am not sure if something has changed since other folks have reached them by phone, but there is no option to speak with a human being. I tried 4 different times.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

As Mr Clown wrote, many are seeing up to 6 months, some more, some less. Some have contacted their State senators and representatives with mixed results.

The ISP FSB spent $750k+ on a "new improved" phone system to be installed this summer to automate things and make it all better... /s

Applied 5/25/2020

QC verified 8/2/2020

It's been over 4 months.

I called ISP this morning and their system is fully automated. I am not sure if something has changed since other folks have reached them by phone, but there is no option to speak with a human being. I tried 4 different times.

Is this a first time foid or renewal?

Most are looking at 6 months

Hang in there

There is no way to know when or if they answer their phones

Welcome to the Forums and enjoy the reading

Thank you for the welcome.

I might add... friends and family of mine, who applied 1 to 2 months after me, have received their cards. Here's the kicker. None of them live in the city of Chicago. On the contrary, I have several other friends and family who are Chicago residents, and applied in May/2020. None of them have received their cards. All of the above live in Cook County. This appears to be a city-wide agenda, not a county or state issue.

I'd like to put a call out to all Chicago residents who have applied for their FOID and are over the 30 day mark. Take the time to register and share your experience. I've been lurking here since May and this forum is very helpful.

Most are looking at 6 months

Hang in there

There is no way to know when or if they answer their phones

Welcome to the Forums and enjoy the reading

Thank you for the welcome.

I might add... friends and family of mine, who applied 1 to 2 months after me, have received their cards. Here's the kicker. None of them live in the city of Chicago. On the contrary, I have several other friends and family who are Chicago residents, and applied in May/2020. None of them have received their cards. All of the above live in Cook County. This appears to be a city-wide agenda, not a county or state issue.

I'd like to put a call out to all Chicago residents who have applied for their FOID and are over the 30 day mark. Take the time to register and share your experience. I've been lurking here since May and this forum is very helpful.

edit: ***delete***

Got posts confused mixing FOID and CCL

Your portal shows "under review" and not "under board review", right? Cook is notorious for objecting to an application for pretty much any reason.

Are you saying that a Foid app goes to leo for an objection.

If so when did that start.

Its funny that you always hear from different sources how overwhelmed with so many new apps but nobody has once asked how the system works and why some applicants get theirs in less then 2-3 months and others are 5-6 or more.

You would think that they would be handled as they came in in order.

And on a side note did a new foid app for a friend on 4/23 and still under review.

edit: ***delete*** Got FOID and CCL posts confused

Are you saying that a Foid app goes to leo for an objection.

If so when did that start.

Its funny that you always hear from different sources how overwhelmed with so many new apps but nobody has once asked how the system works and why some applicants get theirs in less then 2-3 months and others are 5-6 or more.

And on a side note did a new foid app for a friend on 4/23 and still under review.

No, sorry, I was getting ccl and foid confused. We get so many posts with one, other or both...I should go to bed ;-)

One would think. I thought we had a policy/procedure guide posted once before but it still didnt explain massive delays other than some inquiries return with a response that requires more manual research and intervention which would slow down the next guy in line. I would have expected with all the funds, some queue processing software might have been purchased. Supposedly they are hiring more.

Applied 5/25/2020

QC verified 8/2/2020

It's been over 4 months.

I was curious, and did a test call this morning. Call them about 8:27, wait through all their menus. Pretend you don’t have internet and want help. Select options for checking status on a foid application.

When you get to the part where they ask you to hit 1 or 2 you know your foid or application number, here’s the trick. Even though they don’t list it, press 3.

There used to be a prompt for 3 that you could press 3 if you didn’t know your application/foid numbers. It looks like they removed the prompt, but I don’t think they removed the routing. When I hit 3, I got a message saying they were currently closed. So I’m thinking the shortcut is active, but the voice prompt is taken out.

Applied 5/25/2020

QC verified 8/2/2020

It's been over 4 months.

I was curious, and did a test call this morning. Call them about 8:27, wait through all their menus. Pretend you don’t have internet and want help. Select options for checking status on a foid application.

When you get to the part where they ask you to hit 1 or 2 you know your foid or application number, here’s the trick. Even though they don’t list it, press 3.

There used to be a prompt for 3 that you could press 3 if you didn’t know your application/foid numbers. It looks like they removed the prompt, but I don’t think they removed the routing. When I hit 3, I got a message saying they were currently closed. So I’m thinking the shortcut is active, but the voice prompt is taken out.

I work on telephone systems for a living, been doing it since I was 15.

What's going on is they are using the same auto attendant menu, all of the options are there but they have to record a greeting to let people know which options route to which groups. They may have wanted to get rid of the #3 option and thought they could just record a new audio greeting file and upload it, which they did but they forgot it's only half the job and they need to delete "3" from the literal menu, hahaah. Sounds like they have a regular PC help desk guy maintaining their telephone system.

They could always hire me, I'll maintain the entire PBX for the IL state police.

Applied 5/25/2020

QC verified 8/2/2020

It's been over 4 months.

Is this a first time foid or renewal?

Hi Molly. First time FOID for me.

Applied 5/25/2020

QC verified 8/2/2020

It's been over 4 months.

Thank you, Buckeye! I appreciate it. I'll try again this morning.

New FOID Applied 7/7/2020

QC verified 8/8/2020

New CCL Applied 9/7/2020

Foid re-QC verified 9/11/2020

Originally applied for a new FOID card on 7/7 and was QC verified about a month later. Submitted a new CCL application on 9/7 and noticed that doing that reset my FOID application back to "Submitted" from QC verified. Contacted ISP and spoke with a friendly woman who informed me that she had seen this sort of thing happen in the past and that indeed the submission of my CCL application had reset my FOID application. She re-QC verified my FOID application while I was on the phone with her but was unsure if that would extend the delay any further.

Fast forward another month and I am still showing QC verified status with no news from anyone. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

My license is board review for over 2yrs. Caught a case that was made maliciously by someone trying to get me arrested. I was found not guilty. Went to isp with my new not guilty verdict. Then they bring up a out of state warrant from 2009 for misdemeanor solocitation without a permit!! Smdh. Then tell me in a email that once i get the warrant squashed id be done and could get my license back. So i get the warrant squashed. Easy peasy right. I tell isp its done. Never heard back from them since lol. No emails. No return calls. No nothing. Just total silence like they black balled me or something. I must of sent another 50emails. Asking whats the hold up now? But have not heard a single response anymore lol. So i sent a request for a hearing to the director of isp. Certified mail says he received that letter as of september 12. To this day i have not heard back from the directors office either not even about receiving my request for a hearing smh. This whole state is a big joke. And the system is allowed to get away with it bc if you cant afford a fancy attorney to tell you your rights and options then your only option is to sit and shutup smdh and im tired of sitting and shutting up

Shush. Don’t give them any ideas. As far as phone system, at work we use mitel, formerly Shoretel. On ours it’s as simple as going into auto attendant settings and removing the actual button. But until they actually fix it, anyone waiting on foid could try that.

I really despise Mitel.... mainly because I don't know the platform. I have worked on Norstar, Nortel, Avaya IP Office and now a massive Avaya CM system alot with all different types of recording systems, mostly NICE though.

I'm only 38 but I feel like user GUI's are great but the test of a true "phone guy" is navigating an entire PBX via command line like Nortel & Avaya CM but everyone says it's just self inflicted pain.

I won't go off topic anymore though! haha

Applied new FOID 6-9-2020, went to QC verified on 9-9 and nothing since. Squeak clean record. Haven't called but this is ridiculous. My family in Indiana can just walk in a shop and pick up anything they want.

..."Illinois State Police say the average time for FOID card processing is 116.35 days. FOID cards are supposed to be processed within 30 days.

For Concealed Carry Licenses with fingerprints to go with the applications, ISP said the average time is 129.9 days. Without fingerprints with the application, it’s 154.19 days."...

..."Delays in processing FOID cards have been a problem since before the COVID-19 pandemic. In January, about 62,000 applications backlogged with some people waiting eight months or longer. Six months later, officials reported nearly 64,000 backlogged applications. As of Tuesday, Illinois State Police reported 142,324 pending FOID applications."...

Archived