Foid Renewal Wait Time

How do you reach anyone at ISP? I cant get through to anybody and Ive been trying for the last 3 months. Its been nearly 90 days since I put in a simple address change. Ive got a pistol thats been sitting at an FFL during this time period and I cant do anything about it. Tried reaching out to my rep for some assistance but havent heard back from them either. Just flailing in the wind here as ISP drags their feet for a damn address change.

How do you reach anyone at ISP? I cant get through to anybody and Ive been trying for the last 3 months. Its been nearly 90 days since I put in a simple address change. Ive got a pistol thats been sitting at an FFL during this time period and I cant do anything about it. Tried reaching out to my rep for some assistance but havent heard back from them either. Just flailing in the wind here as ISP drags their feet for a damn address change.

When I was getting my FOID, I discovered they open at 8:30 am. Call at about 8:27am. By the time you get through their menus, it should be 8:30 and you can hopefully be landing in the queue to talk to someone. I did that method and literally got someone in a few seconds. Just make sure to play around in the menus until you see your phone hit 8:30 and then jump into the hold queue ASAP. With any luck you'll be one of the first calls.

1. There is no such thing in Illinois as a “simple name change”.

2. Many renewals are taking an extended timeline. As posted before there may be an attempt by the ISP FSB to process as many “New” apps before the renewals as the renewals are good for 12 months etc due to the covid virus.

No proof they are doing “New” before others, but the timelines shown across several threads here at IC would suggest they are.

Some new apps are getting exact timelines of 90 and 120 days as posted by those getting them!

2. Many renewals are taking an extended timeline. As posted before there may be an attempt by the ISP FSB to process as many “New” apps before the renewals as the renewals are good for 12 months etc due to the covid virus.

No proof they are doing “New” before others, but the timelines shown across several threads here at IC would suggest they are.

Per the ISP FAQ:

Q. I submitted a FOID/CCL application last month. Are new FOID and CCL applications still being processed or only applications for renewal?

A. Because of the executive order and emergency administrative rules, new applications are being processed ahead of renewals, but you should expect delays. Like all entities, our normal operations have been impacted by COVID-19.

They took my money for the foid renewal on May 10 and ispfsb.com says under review today.

Someone I know applied for a new foid on June 6 and also shows under review today.

Any way to get the new foid application processed?

The other persons foid went active om 09/09/20. So 95 days instead of 30 like the law says. Still waiting for my renewal.

They took my money for the foid renewal on May 10 and ispfsb.com says under review today.

Someone I know applied for a new foid on June 6 and also shows under review today.

Any way to get the new foid application processed?

The other persons foid went active om 09/09/20. So 95 days instead of 30 like the law says. Still waiting for my renewal.

Sounds exactly like post #248

New apps first, renewals next.

I guess according to the above notice.foid & ccl in Illinois will be good forever! Since we all know that Illinois will be a Disaster forever.

Ding Ding Ding Ding

We have a thread winner wink, tell him what he won!

But this is good news yes? Now we have unlimited CCL and FOID.

Just what weve been asking for, cept just in a round about way......

My wife just submitted her renewal. It says expiration date is COVID-19. I am guessing that might be what shows up if LEO would run her license or for a gun purchase.

Major FOID card backlog, nation-wide ammo shortage cause headaches for gun store owners, buyers

3 days ago, but not really a new story.

full article at link...

https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/news/local-news/major-foid-card-backlog-nation-wide-ammo-shortage-cause-headaches-for-gun-store-owners-buyers/amp/

...CENTRAL ILLINOIS (WMBD) Over 5,000,000 Illinoisans have been processed through federal firearm background checks in 2020.

This topped off in July with 714,424 NICS firearm checks.

Now, Illinois gun owners are now facing a nation-wide ammo shortage combined with a backlog of FOID card applications across the State.

When the pandemic started, FOID card applications in Illinois skyrocketed almost triple the amount from what they were in months before.

Now theres a backlog with an overall wait time of 94 days.

Illinois State Police said theres a backlog of 135,573 (includes new applications, renewals and other FOID card requests such as address changes, etc.).

As of August 31, ISP has processed 142,462 applications.

The Agency attirbuted it to short staffing due to the pandemic, and an uptick in applications.

For reference, you can see the chart below showing the amount of applications ISP has received since the pandemic started....

...If you are out hunting, he said officers can use LEADS (Law Enforcement Automated Data System) to see if you have at least applied for your FOID card.

Its done all on computer or over the radio. If were checking somebody, we just go over to the radio, use our computer, and itll show us if theyve applied for a FOID card, Sgt. Fraser said....

• 2 weeks later...

Just searching for answers so I thought I would join. Looks like I'm not alone. Renewed on-line 2-17 ....still don't have my FOID card. It says "under review". But I would have gambled a 20 that a few weeks ago it said approved.

My old FOID card expired 5-1 but it was damage into many pieces. Does anyone know how to go about buying ammo with no FOID card. I still have the letter from ISP sent to me stating that I need to renew and showing the expiration date. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Got It in the mail a few days ago.

I let my FOID expire years ago; I didnt have time for shooting, and didnt have any firearms any more, I passed them along to a nephew starting out in law enforcement.

Now Im trying to to get my FOID, but its a renewal instead of a new application. Im in QC Verified status, but if they are processing new applications before renewals, who knows when Ill get mine. I cant use the 18 month extension, cant get a new card.

I applied 4/02/20; its been 175 calendar days, 122 business days.

I let my FOID expire years ago; I didnt have time for shooting, and didnt have any firearms any more, I passed them along to a nephew starting out in law enforcement.

Now Im trying to to get my FOID, but its a renewal instead of a new application. Im in QC Verified status, but if they are processing new applications before renewals, who knows when Ill get mine. I cant use the 18 month extension, cant get a new card.

If it expired years ago, you technically applied for a new FOID, and in the same boat as those who never had one.

Hello I was denied for my void card in may of 2019 due to me stating that I plead guilty to possession of marijuana, I spoke with someone from the state police office and explained to them that I didn't have a felony. I was told to appeal the decision and I should be getting my foid. Well now ere a year and a half later and I still haven't heard anything. Is there anything I can do or someone I can contact?

Hello I was denied for my void card in may of 2019 due to me stating that I plead guilty to possession of marijuana, I spoke with someone from the state police office and explained to them that I didn't have a felony. I was told to appeal the decision and I should be getting my foid. Well now ere a year and a half later and I still haven't heard anything. Is there anything I can do or someone I can contact?

Try this

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47227

If it expired years ago, you technically applied for a new FOID, and in the same boat as those who never had one.

I wish, I would likely get it a lot sooner; at the beginning of the process, it asks if you have ever had a FOID. Of course I answered yes. When I went QC Verified, they linked my old FOID card #. So, I guess I wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Applied 5/25/2020

QC verified 8/2/2020

It's been over 4 months.

I called ISP this morning and their system is fully automated. I am not sure if something has changed since other folks have reached them by phone, but there is no option to speak with a human being. I tried 4 different times.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Archived