Foid Renewal Wait Time

Applied for my FOID on 8 April 2020, it's now been 55 working days and 77 calendar days and my application is still "Under Review". With over 40 years of holding a DoD security clearance there is nothing in my record that should take this long to "review", any suggestions on how to proceed? The idea of having to ask mother may I to practice a constitutional right is BS.

UPDATE

Nothing has changed except the number of days waiting. :no:

Applied for a new FOID March 6th. :ermm:

Waiting 111 total days now, 78 business days and status still showing Under Review (QC_VERIFIED in the css class).

Molly - any thoughts?

sirtwist, how are you seeing the QC_VERIFIED in the css class? What steps are you taking to view this?

HI all. New here and thought I'd introduce myself. I've done a bit of RTFF already and realized it was best to PM Molly about my issue. So I've already done that and I'll go ahead and share my predicament.

My FOID was revoked / CCL suspended because my wife filed an order of protection on me, which she went back to the courthouse in an attempt to drop it the same day. They wouldn't drop it, but they never served me either. I was still notified of the aforementioned revocation / suspension. She went back to the courthouse thereafter and had the order of protection officially dropped. I surrendered my FOID and CCL to my local PD, along with a firearms disposition form. I then sent in my appeal via certified mail to ISP, delivered 08 June 2020.

I've tried calling different numbers at the ISP and submitted a status request on their website over a week ago. The phone calls lead to an automated system that does not provide the info I'm looking for and I've received no response from my online status request. As I stated, I PM'ed Molly to see what she has to say. Any advice or suggestions in the meantime are gratefully welcomed.

Brian

UPDATE

Waiting 111 total days now, 78 business days and status still showing Under Review (QC_VERIFIED in the css class).

Molly - any thoughts?

sirtwist, how are you seeing the QC_VERIFIED in the css class? What steps are you taking to view this?

When viewing the application status on the ISP website using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge (other browsers may work too but I'm not as familiar with their interfaces), you can right click on the "Under Review" and select Inspect. In the HTML code, you should see the "class" attribute. Mine is "QC_VERIFIED".

UPDATE

Molly - any thoughts?

As in - first time to apply for a FOID card?

Yes, never had one before. Applied for the first time on March 6th.

UPDATE

Molly - any thoughts?

When viewing the application status on the ISP website using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge (other browsers may work too but I'm not as familiar with their interfaces), you can right click on the "Under Review" and select Inspect. In the HTML code, you should see the "class" attribute. Mine is "QC_VERIFIED".

Mine only shows the under review hasn't even been "QC_VERIFIED": <span class="SUBMITTED">Under Review</span>

I may be farther from issue than I even thought, this is freaking ridiculous!

Applied for my FOID on 8 April 2020, it's now been 55 working days and 77 calendar days and my application is still "Under Review". With over 40 years of holding a DoD security clearance there is nothing in my record that should take this long to "review", any suggestions on how to proceed? The idea of having to ask mother may I to practice a constitutional right is BS.

Message sent.

Hello,

Like many others I applied for a FOID card (first time ever) and have been waiting 2 months (applied 4/26/2020).

I hope this forum can be of assistance in the short term. Is there anyone that can help?

In the long term, are there any pro-2A lawyers that can take on a class action of everyone who have had their rights denied (beyond 30 days)?

"A right delayed is a right denied"

This process is has proven itself unconstitutional. It's time we prove it in court.

Short term theatre of Illinois didn’t recognize

Long term plus an attorney, many gave talked about it

But none have the funds to start one

Good Luck

I'm willing to help support it if a lawyer belives it can be successful. Maybe crowd funding as well.

With all the FOID applicants experiencing the same issues it seems like a great time to try.

I hope these men are successful. It may be the momentum we need

https://week.com/2020/02/05/illinois-state-police-sued-for-not-acting-on-foid-card-concealed-carry-appeals/

Hello,

Like many others I applied for a FOID card (first time ever) and have been waiting 2 months (applied 4/26/2020).

I hope this forum can be of assistance in the short term. Is there anyone that can help?

In the long term, are there any pro-2A lawyers that can take on a class action of everyone who have had their rights denied (beyond 30 days)?

"A right delayed is a right denied"

This process is has proven itself unconstitutional. It's time we prove it in court.

Message sent to you.

FOID renewal on 1/31

Expired 4/30 Under Review

Approved 5/30

Active 6/20

Sill waiting for card to arrive.

145+ days!

Congrats to you! My wife's FOID renewal was paid on 11/18/2019, the card expired on 2/1/2020, and it's still "UNDER REVIEW". That's 150 business days, including today.

The good news - The Private Firearm Transfer Response shows as "APPROVED", so that means they seem to have fixed the code that drives that portion of the website.

My "Inspect", thingy says, "element SUBMITTED, QC_VERIFIED, APPROVED" . What does this mean? (Submitted Renewal 3 March 2020) I hate when they put some things in BOLD when it may or may not mean anything. :frantics:

Submitted is exactly that...Submitted. As to progressing through the other stages they arent as predictable as when CCL started. You might move through them slowly, quickly or all in one day. Once your card shows Approved, it gets printed and then status goes Active. Those stages were not meant for review and discussion by applicants, but discovered by some tech types poking through the code.

UPDATE: Site shows active with Issued date of 6/26/2020, total days to process: 57 working days and 79 calendar days.

Just got a reply from my state rep, good info here, you can pretty much gauge the amount of time from your application based on the info. It seems to be right around 90 days, I applied on 5/8 so I'm thinking I'll get it around the first week of August, fingers crossed!!

The number of new FOID applications received from June 1, 2020 through June 17, 2020 totals 42,089 compared to 6,999 for the same time period in 2019 resulting in an increase of 501%.

Below please find the total new applications received March through May compared to the three previous months.

March April May Ave Total

36,762 25,254 22,813 28,276 84,829

Dec Jan Feb Ave Total

13,141 21,424 13,629 16,065 48,194

The mandatory 72-hour waiting period does not include weekends, holidays, the date the transaction is purchased, or the date the transaction is approved or denied. Current wait times on background checks are 86 business hours, as of 8:30 a.m. on June 25. This is down from 94 business hours wait times from a week ago.

This increased demand has been met with increased commitment on the part of the current FSB staff. On average, the current staff works an extra week in overtime hours every month to address application processing needs. The FSB continues to address staffing by hiring more personnel. Within the past several weeks the FSB has interviewed and made conditional offers of employment to 10 Firearms Eligibility Analyst Trainees and we have an additional 20 more positions pending.

The mandatory 72-hour waiting period does not include weekends, holidays, the date the transaction is purchased, or the date the transaction is approved or denied.

Hmmm...This was in the original Trib story quoting 94 hours vs the 86 but I cant say it makes sense to me. No Weekends? Have things changed (other than they are running late for some)

EDIT: Section 1235.50 Holidays

Automated inquiries will be available on all State holidays. Manual transactions will not be available on State holidays.

(Source: Amended at 27 Ill. Reg. 5998, effective March 21, 2003)

The Firearm Transfer Inquiry Program will receive automated inquiries 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., Monday through Sunday, 365 days a year, and manual inquiries from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Hours of operation shall be increased if need is identified and funding is available.

(Source: Amended at 27 Ill. Reg. 5998, effective March 21, 2003)

Archived