New FOID application is now at 31 days...What the hey!!!

Did you try the "inspect element trick"? Your app might be approved but just waiting on the card to be printed/activated.

I have not. I saw something on this in another thread but could not right click on the text that says “Under Review”. Is there something I’m missing?

use chrome and follow this if you have trouble

The mantra is that they are understaffed, under budgeted and overwhelmed.

The truth is that the majority of our tax dollars designated for this program have been arm swept off the table for other projects, the understaffing might have been alleviated a bit if the boss wasn't having blatant affairs during office time and long lunch hours with staff.

4 months isn't uncommon.

My new FOID application is still Under Review and its been 31 days since I applied. Whats the deal? Is this normal?

I am at 7.5 weeks for my fourth renewal.

It is my understanding that the argument for the FOID program was that it allows for the ISP to be able to constantly monitor police records to ensure that those who should no longer have access to guns be quickly identified and then notified that they must turn over their weapons. It sounds like a good idea. If this was the case a renewal should be very quick and automatic, much like a drivers license. The database would be constantly updated and if there are no reasons to stop re-issue it is sent out. But in practice it does not seem to be the case at all. It does raise a question then if the entire FOID program is worth it? If there is significant data that shows that Illinois is having a much better than average experience with keeping people who should not have guns from having them, that the program works. But we all know that the data does not show that at all. The FOID program is a total bust. It should be eliminated.

Edited by ScottFM

I have now moved to “QC Verified” using the inspect element trick. What does this mean?

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59738

"I believe the first stage of the approval process is where the ISP checks to make sure the current info is entered, good photo, right certificate. Application then moves on to the background checks."

Quoted this from the linked topic

I have now moved to “QC Verified” using the inspect element trick. What does this mean?

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59738

"I believe the first stage of the approval process is where the ISP checks to make sure the current info is entered, good photo, right certificate. Application then moves on to the background checks."

Quoted this from the linked topic

Thanks Gpop!

31 BUSINESS days? I got mine in a little over 23 business days...sounds to not be the norm.

No. I’m at 35 calendar days. Nothing. Well, my app moved to “QC Verified” status yesterday...The law does not say 30 business days it says calendar days. I called ISP yesterday and the lady I spoke to was apologetic and told me they would be working on it...

31 BUSINESS days? I got mine in a little over 23 business days...sounds to not be the norm.

No. I’m at 35 calendar days. Nothing. Well, my app moved to “QC Verified” status yesterday...The law does not say 30 business days it says calendar days. I called ISP yesterday and the lady I spoke to was apologetic and told me they would be working on it...

You actually spoke to the only person working there apparently. They just dont have the money for staff or process i provements. /s