Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2020

Mr. Fife

Applied without prints 7-26-20. Checked yesterday to find rejected as they didn’t like my picture. Uploaded a new one right away. Reeeeaaalllyyy hoping to not have to wait several more months.

Wow, it took ISP almost 5 months to tell you they don't like your picture? I am now worried about my pic because I took it with my phone and the lighting wasn't the best. I thought they needed something to compare with the pic on the drivers license.

Moved to Illinois in July 2020.

Applied for initial FOID on 7/28/20.

In two days it will be 150 days (5 months). Spotless record, no MH issues.

Called ISP 2 weeks ago, they said it was moving through the process. No other information given except they did acknowledge they were using the 7/28/20 date as FOID application date. I asked because I also applied for CCL with fingerprints on 9/14/20.

Contacted State Rep and sent ISP an email this week. Awaiting reply.

You'd think fingerprints would help and speed things along.

I think mine was more likely I had lived in Turkey overseas. Additionally, I lived in AK, VA, GA, and WI. All within the last 10 years. Still, it shouldn't take over five months.

I lived in Izmir Turkey from 1978-1980. Dad was an officer in the army at the Nato HQ. Sure gope that doesnt delay anything. But not for sure how they would know that. LOL

Expired in Feb but did not renew until Aug because I work out of state a lot and couldn’t find a class when I was home. Looking at the FAQ on the ISP website one reads that I can carry as I submitted my renewal the other says I can’t because I expired prior to 9 March. I sent an email to ISP asking for clarification but have not heard back so I sent on to my Rep and received the below.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our office regarding your issue with ISP. I am contacting my legislative liaison with ISP for a status on your request.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I don’t know if it will do anything to get my license any sooner, but it would be nice to know if I can legally carry in the state I live in instead of just the others that I work in.

Expired in Feb but did not renew until Aug because I work out of state a lot and couldn’t find a class when I was home. Looking at the FAQ on the ISP website one reads that I can carry as I submitted my renewal the other says I can’t because I expired prior to 9 March. I sent an email to ISP asking for clarification but have not heard back so I sent on to my Rep and received the below.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our office regarding your issue with ISP. I am contacting my legislative liaison with ISP for a status on your request.

I don’t know if it will do anything to get my license any sooner, but it would be nice to know if I can legally carry in the state I live in instead of just the others that I work in.

Whats your status in the portal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Under Review

Under Review

Well, thats a good sign, most likely their at the background stage by now which would seem they excepted it.

Time will tell.

Applied without prints 7-26-20. Checked yesterday to find rejected as they didn’t like my picture. Uploaded a new one right away. Reeeeaaalllyyy hoping to not have to wait several more months.

Wow, it took ISP almost 5 months to tell you they don't like your picture? I am now worried about my pic because I took it with my phone and the lighting wasn't the best. I thought they needed something to compare with the pic on the drivers license.

it’s quite frustrating. Checked again just now and still under review.

Moved to Illinois in July 2020.

Applied for initial FOID on 7/28/20.

In two days it will be 150 days (5 months). Spotless record, no MH issues.

Called ISP 2 weeks ago, they said it was moving through the process. No other information given except they did acknowledge they were using the 7/28/20 date as FOID application date. I asked because I also applied for CCL with fingerprints on 9/14/20.

Contacted State Rep and sent ISP an email this week. Awaiting reply.

You'd think fingerprints would help and speed things along.

Since you applied separately the applications appear to be handled separately. At one time they wouldn't even start processing the CCL until the FOID was issued, which is why it's always recommended to apply for both simultaneously. Their IT workflow leaves a lot to be desired.

• 2 weeks later...

The turning of a card to active doe not mean it just went out the ISP door.

It has to get through the mail room and then to the post office.

If it says active 12/30/20 then it’s only been little over two weeks, it will show and if not at the FULL 30 days past contact MollyB for assistance.

If by active it meant the day it was mailed out, that would make Illinois the most efficient well oiled machine right after the Democratic Party!

I finally received a response from the ISP via my Rep. I can carry with the original card only because I started the renewal process in Jan even though I didn’t take the class until Aug.

Archived