Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2020

Mr. Fife

This long wait time is ridiculous, with everything going on in the world today i'm jst trying to protect myself the legal way and go through the process but have to wait this long. I've already got my florida ccl and they were way quicker than Illinois. WHAT'S THE FREAKING HOLD UP?

IANAL but your hold up is going to be much longer than others. LE has objected and you have moved to under board review. If lucky when they get around to looking at it, they will overturn and put you back under review. Otherwise you are in for personal statements, appeals, etc that might take up to a year+. Good news is most objections ~85% get overruled eventually.

Hello All,

I know wait times are extended but wondering if there is anything I should do. I saw the posts about calling but am wondering if that will help speed things up or if I should just sit back and relax until for my CCL

Applied on: 8/10 with Fingerprints so just passed the 90 day mark this week

Just went active this morning! 101 Days

We moved to Texas in August. I did my LTC (License to Carry) stuff in October after waiting forever to get a TX driver's license. Got my finger prints done Nov. 4th. Got my permit today!

So here in Texas, the time to get your permit is roughly two weeks after you complete the application and prints. Cost is only $40.

So glad we made the move!

We moved to Texas in August. I did my LTC (License to Carry) stuff in October after waiting forever to get a TX driver's license. Got my finger prints done Nov. 4th. Got my permit today!

So here in Texas, the time to get your permit is roughly two weeks after you complete the application and prints. Cost is only $40.

So glad we made the move!

Witha Texas License You can get a Illinois license as Minnesota abd Illinois both wont recognize nor honor a Texas LTC

I think I probably get the medal for longest wait time! :pinch: Zero criminal record whatsoever and have been in limbo for years.

I got my CCL the first day the law changed in IL and you could apply, and I was also one of the lucky first to learn that when your FOID expires... your CCL gets revoked.

Received the threatening letter to take everything that resembles a firearm and drop it off at the local police department on July 18, 2018.

Received renewed FOID card on August 14th, 2018 (not bad, right?) and appealed the CCL revocation. The appeal sat in pending status for TWO years, no answer to calls or multiple letters... I did get an email response once towards the end. It sat so long it couldn't be reinstated anyways due to expiration.

They finally updated the status to 'expired' online well over a year past the expiration and I was able to apply for renewal on June 12th, 2020

Went under board review on October 14th, and got the first 30 day extension notice. (With no criminal record, I'm guessing they automatically sent it to the board since it was once revoked)

Still sitting under board review... they will probably issue it the day I decide to leave this terribly run state and move to Indiana.

I think I probably get the medal for longest wait time! :pinch: Zero criminal record whatsoever and have been in limbo for years.

I got my CCL the first day the law changed in IL and you could apply, and I was also one of the lucky first to learn that when your FOID expires... your CCL gets revoked.

Received the threatening letter to take everything that resembles a firearm and drop it off at the local police department on July 18, 2018.

Received renewed FOID card on August 14th, 2018 (not bad, right?) and appealed the CCL revocation. The appeal sat in pending status for TWO years, no answer to calls or multiple letters... I did get an email response once towards the end. It sat so long it couldn't be reinstated anyways due to expiration.

They finally updated the status to 'expired' online well over a year past the expiration and I was able to apply for renewal on June 12th, 2020

Went under board review on October 14th, and got the first 30 day extension notice. (With no criminal record, I'm guessing they automatically sent it to the board since it was once revoked)

Still sitting under board review... they will probably issue it the day I decide to leave this terribly run state and move to Indiana.

agreed. I have been giving this some serious thought.

Update: Molly B. gave me info to followup with the ISP. I left a message Oct 29.

Nov 5 I think my span class changed. It used to say "submitted">Under Review

It changed to

"UNDERREVIEW">Under Review

Unless that was from the website design change.

November 16 The ISP sent me an email saying I was Approved and my card would arrive in a few weeks.

Today November 21 it finally arrived.

Submitted 2/18, received 11/21

Total wait 277 Days or 9 Months and 3 days.

I haven't even had a speeding ticket in the last 5 years so no idea how my application got delayed for so long.

Thank You Molly B. For all the work you do on behalf of everyone on here. I can only imagine how long I would have been waiting without your help!

I submitted back on feb 18 2020. I'm at 253 days. Still just says Submitted Under Review when I inspect the code.

Anything I should be doing?

I'm not sure if this is outside the norm due to the current situation but my renewal is now at 160 days :(

5/7/2015 original ccl issued

5/7/2020 ccl should have expired

2/18/2020 submitted renewal without prints

7/27/2020 current status "SUBMITTED">Under Review

I realize I'm currently legal to carry while it's pending but I would rather not be carrying with an expired license.

Archived