Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2020

Mr. Fife

Took class yesterday, qualified at the range, and applied last night. 120 working days puts me at 15 December. Maybe Iâll have it before Christmas. I wonât be holding my breath.
Mine was just calendar days, although have only went to approved since Friday. Who knows when actually have it in hand.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bubbacs - I'm trying to hang in there! LOL. I just don't understand why it takes so long to process this stuff. I know they are short handed, it's just incredibly frustrating. And no, I didn't submit prints, however I have been fingerprinted by ISP in the past for a healthcare worker registry, so they have them.

RogerZ - application for initial licensing.

Bubbacs - I'm trying to hang in there! LOL. I just don't understand why it takes so long to process this stuff. I know they are short handed, it's just incredibly frustrating. And no, I didn't submit prints, however I have been fingerprinted by ISP in the past for a healthcare worker registry, so they have them.

They may have those prior prints but they are not relevant or useable for CCL.

Interesting. I was told otherwise, that once you are fingerprinted by ISP through a Livescan vendor, that you are in the ISP database and don't have to go through a livescan again.

Interesting. I was told otherwise, that once you are fingerprinted by ISP through a Livescan vendor, that you are in the ISP database and don't have to go through a livescan again.
Kind of correct. Once scanned for CCL prints you do not, but prior prints for other reasons arent applicable...something to do with the codes iirc. Its been discussed in the forum before, but I suppose I could be incorrect in my recollection.

That makes sense. I was probably misinformed. Too late now in any case! LOL. I will just have to be patient, which is not my strong suit haha

Kind of correct. Once scanned for CCL prints you do not, but prior prints for other reasons arent applicable...something to do with the codes iirc. Its been discussed in the forum before, but I suppose I could be incorrect in my recollection.

Renewed 3/14/20 with no prints (original application had prints). 72 business days so far.

Question - since I have my fingerprints on file, will that speed up the renewal process or were fingerprints only taken into account during the original application?

Renewal doesnt require prints if you your first application included them.

I renewed last year without prints (First app included prints)

Got my new permission slip in about 90 days.

So today I get an email from ISP stating that the Curriculum ID on my certificate is wrong....so I have 3 business days to contact my instructor to get that corrected and get a new certificate to ISP or my whole application will be rejected. I checked husband's certificate and his has the same number on it, so I am assuming everyone in our class probably has the same problem. Instructor works nights so I am waiting to call him until this evening. I text him this morning but haven't heard back. Hopefully he can fix it and send it to me.

Renewed 3/14/20 with no prints (original application had prints). 72 business days so far.

Question - since I have my fingerprints on file, will that speed up the renewal process or were fingerprints only taken into account during the original application?

In theory it should but with short ISPFSB staffing and record setting number of applications, I would not expect prints to provide much value in expediting the process whether new or renewal.

So today I get an email from ISP stating that the Curriculum ID on my certificate is wrong....so I have 3 business days to contact my instructor to get that corrected and get a new certificate to ISP or my whole application will be rejected. I checked husband's certificate and his has the same number on it, so I am assuming everyone in our class probably has the same problem. Instructor works nights so I am waiting to call him until this evening. I text him this morning but haven't heard back. Hopefully he can fix it and send it to me.

Not the first time Ive heard of this happening but the first I've heard of a 3 business day requirement for corrections. That seems aggressive and a tad unrealistic considering they are running behind and taking 94 hours to process applications.

Edit:

I think I originally misunderstood. Looks like the 94 hours is an FTIP and not a new/renewal application

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=75414&hl=

The firearms services bureau of the Illinois State Police is taking an average of 94 business hours not counting holidays, weekends, the day the gun is purchased, or the day the sale is approved or denied to process background checks, roughly a day longer than usual, according to state police spokeswoman Beth Hundsdorfer.

License went to active and has issued date of 6/24 so now guess it's just waiting on USPS. All together 122 days (calender) from applied to active.

Question, do they issue a newer foid card as well? Mines still the older style and thought read on here or somewhere else they update that if get ccl before foid expires.

License went to active and has issued date of 6/24 so now guess it's just waiting on USPS.

Question, do they issue a newer foid card as well? Mines still the older style and thought read on here or somewhere else they update that if get ccl before foid expires.

Depends. Older FOID card from early 2015 I think it was, with a number one digit shorter than CCL number should get a new card reissued. The cards are not mailed together but in two different envelopes.

Find out what the number is supposed to be, write in the missing number and resubmit. The problem could be one we're hearing a lot about, the ISP sent instructors a template for the certificates but it had a flaw in it causing the last digit not to show on the printed certificate even though the instructor entered it correctly. A new template was sent out but not everyone received it.

Find out what the number is supposed to be, write in the missing number and resubmit. The problem could be one we're hearing a lot about, the ISP sent instructors a template for the certificates but it had a flaw in it causing the last digit not to show on the printed certificate even though the instructor entered it correctly. A new template was sent out but not everyone received it.

That's exactly what happened. Our instructor told me I could just correct it and send it in, so that's what I did. My husband has not received an email from ISP yet, and the instructor said he has had several that have gone through just fine but about 75% of them are being caught. The person who emailed me was super polite and I got it sent back in this morning, so hopefully I'll hear something soon! Thanks!

Something going on or just typical 127 days virus-shorthand?

Expires 6-18-2020

Submitted CCL on 2/20/2020

Under Review 2-25-2020

QC verified 5-19-2020

Approved x

Active x

My experience pretty much mirrors yours:

Expired 3/2/2020

Submitted CCL on 2/9/2020

Under Review ?

QC Verified 5/6/2020

Approved x

Active x

My husband's went from under review to active today. I got a reply from the processing unit this morning that said they received my corrected certificate and will continue the review process. So his certificate went through just fine with the Curriculum ID error but they caught mine. Hopefully mine won't take much longer! Today is 121 days since I submitted both applications.

Archived