Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2020

Mr. Fife

Fantastic! Thanks for the update!

Hi Molly, I hoping you can help me like you did for B4353.

My conceal Carry expired on 1/5/2020 and I applied for renewal on 10/12/2019

My Foid Card expired on 2/1/2020 and I applied for renewal on 11/06/2019

Both my Foid card and CCL are still Under Review.

I reached out to Tom Bennett's office on April 9th who is the rep for my area.

He had his secretary check into it for me and she reached back to me with no luck.

She told me that when she called them this is what they told her.

"Yes, he is under review. He will remain under review until they approve him and then his

status will change to active."

My money was taken by the state in less than 10 minutes after I paid them and yet they don't even have the courtesy to explain why i am constantly being looked over.

I am hoping that maybe you have better connections to find out what the hold up is.

Thanks again.

Just a guess based on previous posts herein.

The CCL will go back to the starting line as the FOID has interrupted that process.

The FOID will need to get through all of its rough seas and get the golden star.

Then as they hold the FOID hostage, they will start the process of the CCL.

Which as we all know will take a full 120 or more days even with prints on file.

The great state of Illinois can’t computerize the ability to process two items which have one required to have before they can give the other.

Other posts have sad to try to sync the times as there is a window of a few months on both cards.

Summit both together and it’s a smoother process. It’s like the genius who is counting out loud and someone says hello to him.

He says hi and then gets stuck, and then says, I’ll just start all over.........

Just a guess based on previous posts herein.

The CCL will go back to the starting line as the FOID has interrupted that process.

This is most likely the scenario. When the FOID renewal was submitted it interrupted the CCL renewal - reason, they won't renew the CCL until they know for sure the FOID will be reissued. But still, 6 months for FOID renewal is sad, even with the slow down due to the Gov. stay-at-home orders. Under current situation I believe they are processing/printing cards on a limited basis.

Hi Molly, I don't have an issue as long as my Foid card is still valid and acceptable. Is it still true that after your foid card is expired for longer than 60 days it can come back denied if you want to purchase something? I know my CCL is supposedly still good till this is all over, or so I am still believing.

Hi Molly, I don't have an issue as long as my Foid card is still valid and acceptable. Is it still true that after your foid card is expired for longer than 60 days it can come back denied if you want to purchase something? I know my CCL is supposedly still good till this is all over, or so I am still believing.

I believe it may return a false denial after 60 days on the web private check, but dont recall issues with the FTIP

• 2 weeks later...

Sent in Renewal on 2/6. Took 3 months to go from Submitted to QC_Verified. That is where it is sitting. Original CCL just expired, so I guess I get he duration of the pandemic, plus a year. Original was sent in with prints and was received in 33 days. Nothing changed, should have been an easy renewal.

Submitted my CCL renewal on 2/7/20. Expires 6/5/20. Still shows under review, but now the expiration shows 'COVID-19'. I did print some copies of the renewal page when I submitted it, so I guess I'll be carrying with that, because it seems as if now they're taking even more time than normal. Still shows 'submitted' using the inspect element. F this state.

I got mine in the mail yesterday! Originally applied for renewal in August, renewal denied due to address needing updated. Updated that, got my new FOID three weeks ago and the CCW yesterday.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Ok so I tried this inspect element thing out and on the right it says submitted, QC verified, Approved so is it pretty self explanatory Im approved or is this a myth that it works? Also I sent in app with prints 3-14-20

Sounds like you are looking in wrong spot at all the options, not your current status.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71953&do=findComment&comment=1210847

You started the clock all over again with the FOID renewal after the CCL.

Until they get a valid foid (current exception now posted herein) then they will process the CCL

Hang in there several threads here about this already, while ya wait, relax, do some reading.

Will do. Thanks but it's frustrating.

You started the clock all over again with the FOID renewal after the CCL.

Until they get a valid foid (current exception now posted herein) then they will process the CCL

Hang in there several threads here about this already, while ya wait, relax, do some reading.

Will do. Thanks but it's frustrating.

Not to get too off subject but

Nothing is more frustrating than living in Illinois and under its draconian rules

I applied on 1/12/20 with fingerprints. (43 days past 90, 13 days past 120)

ISPFSB website still says "under review".

Inspect element still says "submitted".

I emailed state rep Wheeler on the 102 day and his office replied the next day saying they contacted the ISP liaison and they are reporting that they had 17 days left.

I have contacted Wheeler again last week and they haven't replied nor has state senator Oberweis.

My wife and I applied at the same time, I payed for fingerprinting and she did not. She went active 5/11/20 and received her license in the mail 5/18/20.

I am getting just a bit of grief for paying for the prints.

I am wondering if it might have something to do with an "objection" and the review board not meeting due to Covid-19?

I don't really know that's just guess,

Any thoughts?

I emailed state rep Wheeler on the 102 day and his office replied the next day saying they contacted the ISP liaison and they are reporting that they had 17 days left.

I have contacted Wheeler again last week and they haven't replied nor has state senator Oberweis.

My wife and I applied at the same time, I payed for fingerprinting and she did not. She went active 5/11/20 and received her license in the mail 5/18/20.

I am wondering if it might have something to do with an "objection" and the review board not meeting due to Covid-19?

Any thoughts?

Did you get an objection notice?

Is under review showing under board review?

If not it’s just the state of Illinois being the state of Illinois

Any thoughts?

Did you get an objection notice?

Is under review showing under board review?

If not it’s just the state of Illinois being the state of Illinois

Thank you for the response.

No sir, I have not received any correspondence from the state. It shows "under review" on the ispfsb page.

I did receive this response from my state rep's office:

Michael,

Well, how’s this for unhelpful? Below is the reply I just received from the State Police:

Hey Ben,

His application is still being reviewed. I do not have an update at this time.

Thank you!

I wish I had better news but it looks like the waiting game continues…

This damn state..

Archived