Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2020

Mr. Fife

I sent my application for ccl back in Sept. of last year. Now over 216 days all I get when using the "Inspect Element" feature is "Submitted" and Under Review. Is anyone else's ccl application running this late? I tried to renew my FOID in Jan. 2020 ( over 100 days ago ) and now it's expired, all I get with inspect element is "QC Verified". I understand the possible delay with the COVID 19, but I think I should have received both licenses before the virus even hit?? I'm sure confused and disappointed in our state. I'm hoping our pal Molly B. might some sort of answer, if so I would appreciate it very much.

Does anyone have a valid email address for ISP? I'm 144 days in with no change in status. ISP.ASK.CCL@illinois.gov is no longer a valid address. I gave up on trying to call them.

Thats the last valid one I have seen. Did you try a second time? Did you get an error msg from the illinois email server?

Anyone having issues with an address change? Submitted DL address change a week prior to my FOID/CCW which was verified by SOS. Submitted mine on February 7 2020. Charged $ 81.80. Charges posted to checking account February 10 2020.Still nothing. Have been checking weekly. Still Under Review. Under Issued / Expiration both list as n//a. Inspect Element shows nothing. Their information states that an address change would be 3 to 4 weeks. Going on 11 weeks now. Submitted way before the lockdown.

Anyone having issues with an address change? Submitted DL address change a week prior to my FOID/CCW which was verified by SOS. Submitted mine on February 7 2020. Charged $ 81.80. Charges posted to checking account February 10 2020.Still nothing. Have been checking weekly. Still Under Review. Under Issued / Expiration both list as n//a. Inspect Element shows nothing. Their information states that an address change would be 3 to 4 weeks. Going on 11 weeks now. Submitted way before the lockdown.

Address changes seem to be taking around 90 days . . . so sometime in May?

Non-Resident CCL - No Prints

Applied: 11/24/2019

QC Verified: 03/28/2020 (Day 126)

Approved: 04/15/2020 (Day 144)

Active: 04/22/2020 (Day 151)

Took exactly 5 months. Now just to wait for it to arrive in Virginia. Thanks for everyone's input and help throughout this excruciating process!

Look there folks. A real life unicorn!

Congrats

I'll play on this thread :-)

Applied for CCL today. Was told not to bother with the prints as they won't speed anything up with all the backlogs they have these days.

Will see what happens.

Sigh still waiting, seems even longer with all that's going on these days. I wonder if they get to use national disasters as an excuse to go slower?

Past 90 days, No prints, applied 01/05/2020 still waiting, still under review.

Finally active as of a few days ago.

Just waiting to receive it in the mail.

You can do the math looking at the threads above.

Finally active as of a few days ago.

Sigh still waiting, seems even longer with all that's going on these days. I wonder if they get to use national disasters as an excuse to go slower?

Past 90 days, No prints, applied 01/05/2020 still waiting, still under review.

Just waiting to receive it in the mail.

You can do the math looking at the threads above.

But my FOID shows that it still expires in 2021, when it was supposed to originally expire.

I Thought I was supposed to get a new issue on the same date as the CCL?

My CC expired Feb 12 this year, I applied for renewal on Jan 5th. New card went ACTIVE on April 28, so 76 days from expired to renewed. And by the way, the new card is back dated to Feb 12th and will expire in 2025. So they do not add the extra days between expire and renew. With prints.

My CC expired Feb 12 this year, I applied for renewal on Jan 5th. New card went ACTIVE on April 28, so 76 days from expired to renewed. And by the way, the new card is back dated to Feb 12th and will expire in 2025. So they do not add the extra days between expire and renew. With prints.

This was supposed to happen per the new law last year. I think they missed their 6 month window so this is the first Ive heard they actually managed to get it implemented.

Anyone have a contact for someone at the foid office? My wife and I have moved and we need to update addresses for foid and ccl. I was able to apply for mine but my wife forgot her password and it says she did not set up her questions and to call for help.

It is impossible to get through to anyone to get any help.

Anyone have a contact for someone at the foid office? My wife and I have moved and we need to update addresses for foid and ccl. I was able to apply for mine but my wife forgot her password and it says she did not set up her questions and to call for help.

Have her set up a new account with a different email. Once her account is set up it will recognize her info from her previous login.

Have her set up a new account with a different email. Once her account is set up it will recognize her info from her previous login.

Thank you, will do.

Archived