Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2020

Mr. Fife

Today is 120 days from submission. No QC verified yet. Is contacting my representative the best route forward?

Best route? It’s up to you.

Just saying it’s not something that’s written in stone.

If it was as simple as calling a Rep then I’d be calling at day 60 and IF the card came soon after, then I’d say it is helpful.

But at or after 120 days and calling a Rep “IMHO” will quite possibly render a false positive as has been done before.

Call today and card comes with 5 days......it was coming anyway. lol

Good Luck and Welcome to the Forums

Today is 120 days from submission. No QC verified yet. Is contacting my representative the best route forward?

If it was as simple as calling a Rep then I’d be calling at day 60 and IF the card came soon after, then I’d say it is helpful.

But at or after 120 days and calling a Rep “IMHO” will quite possibly render a false positive as has been done before.

Thanks. Since my initial post last night I have moved to QC verified so things are moving in the right direction

Thanks. Since my initial post last night I have moved to QC verified so things are moving in the right direction

Yes, patients grasshopper

Remeber it was the tortoise who won the race

Good News........

Have been lurking on this site for awhile and finally got around to trying to get license. So applied other night without prints, see how long it takes.

Also have question about the inspect element thing. Like said just applied other night (Sunday 2/23) now I'm not getting a head of myself, but I just checked for the heck of it and mine says Submitted, QC Verified, Approved. So just for future reference did I check it right or am I looking at something wrong?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Have been lurking on this site for awhile and finally got around to trying to get license. So applied other night without prints, see how long it takes.

Also have question about the inspect element thing. Like said just applied other night (Sunday 2/23) now I'm not getting a head of myself, but I just checked for the heck of it and mine says Submitted, QC Verified, Approved. So just for future reference did I check it right or am I looking at something wrong?

Nevermind, found another thread explaining it and was looking in wrong place.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll play on this thread :-)

Applied for CCL today. Was told not to bother with the prints as they won't speed anything up with all the backlogs they have these days.

Will see what happens.

Sigh still waiting, seems even longer with all that's going on these days. I wonder if they get to use national disasters as an excuse to go slower?

Applied for CCL today. Was told not to bother with the prints as they won't speed anything up with all the backlogs they have these days.

Will see what happens.

Sigh still waiting, seems even longer with all that's going on these days. I wonder if they get to use national disasters as an excuse to go slower?

It could get even slower...

From https://www2.illinois.gov/Pages/news-item.aspx?ReleaseID=21254

ACTIONS TO PROTECT STATE WORKFORCE

Gov. Pritzker also announced that he has directed state agencies to implement plans for a temporary reduction of government functions and workforce while maintaining core functions and essential operations.

Select employees will continue to report to work; while the remaining workforce will either work remotely or be asked to remain home on call while receiving pay. All state employees will continue to be paid during this period.

Over the next several days, the Pritzker administration will finalize these plans and update state employees and the public. The Office of the Governor will remain fully operational throughout this period.

I doubt that the Gov. considers issuing new or renewal FCCLs or FOIDs an essential operation.

Gov. Pritzker also announced that he has directed state agencies to implement plans for a temporary reduction of government functions and workforce while maintaining core functions and essential operations.

Select employees will continue to report to work; while the remaining workforce will either work remotely or be asked to remain home on call while receiving pay. All state employees will continue to be paid during this period.

Over the next several days, the Pritzker administration will finalize these plans and update state employees and the public. The Office of the Governor will remain fully operational throughout this period.

I doubt that the Gov. considers issuing new or renewal FCCLs or FOIDs an essential operation.

Unless things have changed, previously, FSB dept worker(s) were not allowed to work remotely according to some job postings I read. It was necessary to be in Springfield working from the office.

Will see what happens.

I really hope this isn't the case. I'm on day 114 of my 120 waiting on my non-resident CCL. It would REALLY suck if they stopped operating on day 119....

What makes it worse is the fact that I legitimately feel slightly scared to take my dog out to poop in this area without a firearm on me...My wife has already had her car stolen..then recovered...then broken into,and we've only been living here for 1 month.

I lost my CC AND FOID (only to find them days later) and filed over 30 days ago for replacement cards. Does anyone have any idea how long it is taking for replacements? Apparently I cannot cancel my request.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could be in for a 90 day wait period. And I could be wrong but lost or stolen cards get cancelled and are not valid anymore!

They don’t want them popping up in some buying spree some where.

I’ve seen this same post before and it seems that those who misplaced them always get excited and apply only to find them within days as you state. With all things ISP and firearms it is always a patient game, make damn sure they are gone before applying.

Better to not carry and hunt for them than get them cancelled.

Good Luck

I lost my CC AND FOID (only to find them days later) and filed over 30 days ago for replacement cards. Does anyone have any idea how long it is taking for replacements? Apparently I cannot cancel my request.

You could be in for a 90 day wait period. And I could be wrong but lost or stolen cards get cancelled and are not valid anymore!

I’ve seen this same post before and it seems that those who misplaced them always get excited and apply only to find them within days as you state. With all things ISP and firearms it is always a patient game, make damn sure they are gone before applying.

Good Luck

thanks im gonna go cry now

Good Luck

Just curious, run your FOID here and see if its active: https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Firearms/FOID/PersonToPersonFirearmTransfer.aspx

Welcome to the forum

My son got his FOID when he was 16 and lost it, he just turned 21 and wanted to buy a handgun, he applied for lost FOID in January and received the replacement card in 43 days

A couple of his friends applied for new FOID at same time they got their new cards within 40 days

I applied for my new CCL in January, its 75 days in with prints, I wonder how that's going to go now

Well many more important things going on in the world now, the way I look at it I haven't carried a gun for 58 years so I'll just wait and forget about it for now and one day when I'm not expecting it, it will be in the mail

Good Luck

Just curious, run your FOID here and see if its active: https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Firearms/FOID/PersonToPersonFirearmTransfer.aspx

Welcome to the forum

it says Not Valid. I don’t understand. If they run Background check every day, how does it take 90 days to issue a REPLACEMENT FOID?

Archived