Maximum time frame for FOID address change

Oh no... I literally just submitted my address change. I was hoping the process wouldn't be a horrorshow, I have prints and everything from my 2014 application. Does the FOID come on the FOID renewal timetable and the the CCL treated as a renewal as well? Putting it back at 90 days? So I don't have a legal FOID now?

I called ISP back in July and they verified that both cards remain valid/active, just it's annoying to have to wait for new cards with the correct address.

I started my address change in March on the ISP website. I just received both foid and ccl in the mail yesterday if that is any indicator.....

You got both cards at the same time after 5 months? Did you do prints for your initial CCL?

Mine was an absolute mess to say the least. I changed my address on my FOID and received it a few weeks later. Changed my address on my CCL and it stayed "Submitted" for 5 months. By that time my FOID expired and I had to renew it. It could not proceed until my address change on my CCL completed. After daily calls to ISP and not getting through, I finally got through at the end of July and they send me a paper FOID application. Mailed it in and received everything almost a month later.

Mine was an absolute mess to say the least. I changed my address on my FOID and received it a few weeks later. Changed my address on my CCL and it stayed "Submitted" for 5 months. By that time my FOID expired and I had to renew it. It could not proceed until my address change on my CCL completed. After daily calls to ISP and not getting through, I finally got through at the end of July and they send me a paper FOID application. Mailed it in and received everything almost a month later.

That...sounds like a circus of a process, I'm surprised they even still take paper applications. Was it calling them that finally pushed your CCL out of "submitted" status?

When I got ahold of them I explained the website would not let me proceed with my renewal and told them my FOID was set to expire and it has been stuck for 3+ months. They said that a paper renewal would be the best way to proceed and took my credit card for renewal payment. Had the paper app 2 days later and mailed it back the same day. Checked the application status online every day for 3 weeks until they both finally went "Active."

• 4 weeks later...

Oh no... I literally just submitted my address change. I was hoping the process wouldn't be a horrorshow, I have prints and everything from my 2014 application. Does the FOID come on the FOID renewal timetable and the the CCL treated as a renewal as well? Putting it back at 90 days? So I don't have a legal FOID now?

My FOID went Active and says it was issued 9/24 - I had given up checking for a while, but it was about 29 days. My CCL is still at submitted, I think 30 days of objection time closed yesterday if you count 8/27 as the first day, I submitted the change of address about 10:30pm on 8/26.

Hey all! Just thought I would supply my FOID Address change timeline:

Submitted request : 08-21-19

QC Verified : 09-19-19

Approved/Active : 09-21-19

In-Hand : 09-25-19

Held off until I received it to apply for my first-time CCL; which I did today, with prints. Wish me luck!

Good luck to you! My new FOID was active on 8/30 (literally 30 full days after I submitted the application) but CCL update is sitting at submitted 57 days in (not surprised given the recent news piece by NBC on CCL processing delays).

Had a friend recently do his renewal, I told him he'll be lucky to get his new permit by new year's lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Several threads about the process clock resetting

As for the CCL they have been holding stronger at the 120 day window, also posted here

Good Luck

Yeah I saw those, guess it'll be good data about the actual process at least if it does take 30+ more days (hopefully not) due to FOID change having to process first.

By holding stronger do you mean that more apps are getting issued on time when the window is 120 days vs. 90 days?

Edited by Illini2A312

As for the CCL they have been holding stronger at the 120 day window, also posted here

Good Luck

I submitted my change of address on Aug 4th. The foid came about 5 weeks later, but still waiting on the updated CCL

I think your right Bubbacs, I'm close to 3 months now, and still says under review/submitted.

Good Luck

I submitted my change of address on Aug 4th. The foid came about 5 weeks later, but still waiting on the updated CCL

I think your right Bubbacs, I'm close to 3 months now, and still says under review/submitted.

Yeah for some reason it looks like it starts after the FOID goes active again (haven't been able to 100% confirm this though). If this is the case, the system likely still sees our apps at day ~50ish rather than day 80ish.

Have you tried getting in touch with ISP about where your app is at in the process?

Good Luck

Yeah for some reason it looks like it starts after the FOID goes active again (haven't been able to 100% confirm this though). If this is the case, the system likely still sees our apps at day ~50ish rather than day 80ish.

Have you tried getting in touch with ISP about where your app is at in the process?

Not yet. I read here about it taking a while, but at 12 weeks I'm thinking maybe I should.

I have patients, but for how long?

Not yet. I read here about it taking a while, but at 12 weeks I'm thinking maybe I should.

I have patients, but for how long?

Update: mine went Active yesterday (after QC_Verified this past Thursday and Approved this past Friday), so I'd assume yours should be coming soon (if you did prints).

Looks like for an address change at least, the FOID update has no effect on the CCL processing time.

• 2 weeks later...

14 weeks and counting on the CCL change of address for those of you wondering how long it takes. I did not submit prints on the original carry application, so not sure if that's adding to the delay time.

With only one exception (initial carry application submitted before the wave of renewals late last year), everything's always been processed within a week before the deadline. FOID update started to move around ~27th day in and CCL update started moving through the process around day 85.

• 2 weeks later...