FOID Renewal BS

Trying to renew my foid and I am getting the following message regardless of the web browser. Of course the ISP is not taking calls right now. I have "effingham" in the field for County.

"The county 'IL' is not valid for the state of Illinois"

Try putting in zip code first and county should auto populate.

Trying to renew my foid and I am getting the following message regardless of the web browser. Of course the ISP is not taking calls right now. I have "effingham" in the field for County.

Try putting in zip code first and county should auto populate.

I tried it both ways. Keying it in and then putting in the zip and letting it do it's thing. I still get the same result even after signing out and trying again.

Why are you putting IL in a county slot?
He's not but thats the msg he is getting...I think.

You're using a PC and not mobile device, right?

Edited by InterestedBystander

He's a ITguy, and doesn't it still give a warning before you get error messages about not using phones/tablets.

I can get that pop-up on my iPad or iPhone every time, smh, and head upstairs to use the PC!

Damn Spiel Cheek.......saying he is a ITguy and would know about the stuff above!

Edited by Bubbacs

He's a ITguy, and doesn't it still give a warning before you get error messages about not using phones/tablets.

I can get that pop-up on my iPad or iPhone every time, smh, and head upstairs to use the PC!

Damn Spiel Cheek.......saying he is a ITguy and would know about the stuff above!

He is an ITGUY from 1686, he is use to working with stone tablets, quill and ink, so give him a break, he doesn't know about these new devices, but neither does ISP.

$ They are mad at Effingham Co. for starting the rebellion against new gun laws. $

Sorry , I have no other help for you.

$ They are mad at Effingham Co. for starting the rebellion against new gun laws. $

Sorry , I have no other help for you.

It's funny I actually thought that. I can hear Madigan and Pritzker's pillow talk saying "That'll show them!"

Il state legislature just appropriated another $17,500 to the ISP FOID division for computers, software, telephones, coffee machine, mini fridge and hotplate, a golfcart, as well as a new position for answering phones and diagnosing IT issues.

They believe this should resolve all current ISP processing matter.

An additional position is being lobbied for fiscal year 2020 that would include responding to phone calls after the initial "Hello ISP FOID Division" as well as someone who can repair software glitches after the diagnosis.

Purple on for those who aren't sure.

UPDATE: It doesn't matter what county I put in that line, the error is the same. May be a coding issue with the website. Has anyone else tried renewing their FOID recently?

I know you probably have and it could also be lying about which field is actually getting the error but check for a space before or after, this surprisingly screws up some of the best of them...

UPDATE: I have reached 2 different people at the ISP. The first one said she would put my name in the call list and I should receive a call within 48 hours. It has been 3 days. I reached out again and the gentleman told me he would put my name on the call back list and I should expect a call within the next 2-3 weeks!

Now what if my FOID were to be expired before I received that call. It is not my fault their damn website isn't working properly and their call queue is too full every day to even get through. I feel I have plenty of time but what potentially if this doesn't get fixed, my FOID will expire and my CCL will become invalid.

Did you get through on the FOID/CCL number or the web support number that got posted in one of the threads? Sounds like the FOID line.

It is concerning now that expired cards can become revoked cards. While waiting for last renewal they just told me to not go out with firearms since card expired until it got processed but no big deal.

Now with revoked cards theres the whole 48 hour disposition once you receive notice...if you do.

Edited by InterestedBystander

• 1 month later...

Apparently an address change is processing on my CCL and my FOID renewal cannot continue until that processes. They assured me that everything would process before my FOID expires. I plan on reaching out next week again, which means I should get a call back 2-3 weeks from that.

Interesting, it's confusing that that issue would manifest itself as a coding error and not simply a message stating that the CCL change has to process first.

So they eventually called you back then, or did you end up going through the main customer service line?

They used to answer the phone last year. I was shocked that they answered so quickly.

I wonder what changed since then?

Tell me about it, I called around May of last year re my FOID application status and someone picked up almost right away (and I called around lunch time to boot). Anyone know if ISP's been defunded at all under the new admin or is it just the rush of renewals?

UPDATE: It doesn't matter what county I put in that line, the error is the same. May be a coding issue with the website. Has anyone else tried renewing their FOID recently?

I went through the FOID address change/update a couple weeks ago. I didn't encounter any errors like this.

Did you include your CCL?

I did not have the option to update my CCL. I moved right after my CCL status went to active, so by the time they shipped my card, I had already set up mail forwarding with the USPS, so my card was sent back to the ISP. I immediately went back "Under Review". A few days after the move, I updated my address with the IL Secretary of State online. A couple weeks later, I updated my address to get a corrected FOID. As soon as I did that, my status for FOID became "Under Review". I just checked again this morning and I'm still Under Review for both my FOID and my CCL renewal, but now I can see the "Edit Name/Address" button under the CCL portion. However, clicking on it doesn't seem to do anything.

So if you move, how do you update both your FOID and your CCL with your new address, especially if it's in conjunction with an on-going renewal application? Once I updated the FOID portion with my new address, the option to update my CCL with the new address (the on-screen button) went away.

Edited by axel2078