Ammo recommendations please

jkdkaliman101

I purchased a Yugo M57 TT Tokarev from Classic firearms and was wondering if anyone had any ammo recommendations? Bulk preferably,non corrosive.

Grain not important. Reliability and price are.

Thanks

All the bulk 7.62x25 ammo will likely be corrosive primed, but in truth that is NO big deal IMHO. Buy a bottle of Windex and use it after each range session in the barrel, dry it with a patch and then clean and oil the gun the same as any other one.

Works for me and my CZ52 and Mosin Nagant rifle. No negatives to report.

PRVI makes new-manufacture ammo in that caliber that is non-corrosive, but it is pricier and not sold in 'bulk'.

First off I would start by saying that all ammo is "corrosive" if burnt power and primers are left uncleaned on metal for long periods of time. There's no substitute for having to clean your guns after use.

Using Windex, even the industrial kind with the added ammonia (which is bad for chromed bores and surfaces btw) is one of those urban myths. It doesn't do anything more to better neutralize the corrosive salts in ammo than simply running hot water down the barrel to flush it out.

The key to using corrosive ammo is to simply to clean the gun thoroughly after you use corrosive ammo. All the parts of it have to be scrubbed and lubed to prevent the salts from sticking to the metal, attracting moisture and then corroding.

As far as what you want OP, cheap price and non corrosive are pretty much mutually exclusive. All the non-corrosive stuff is gonna be more expensive than the surplus that's corrosive.

.34 Cents Per Round Non-Corrosive - https://www.sgammo.com/product/prvi-partizan/500-round-case-762x25-tokarev-85-grain-fmj-prvi-partizan-new-non-corrosive-amm

.24 Cents Per Round Cheap and Corrosive - https://www.sgammo.com/product/762x25-tok-ammo/800-round-ammo-can-762x25-tokarev-fmj-czech-1950s-military-surplus-ammo-sale

Worth noting that World Wars 1 and 2 were fought with all sides using corrosive ammo. Common sense of cleaning after use is just that, common sense. But corrosive need not be feared. It really isn't a massive issue.

p.s. I use non-ammonia window cleaner - lol - cuz it comes in a handy spray bottle and beats trying to flush my Mosin barrel at the kitchen sink or in the shower - lol - and my inner-city neighbors might get too curious and concerned were I to flush the barrel at the hose spigot in the gangway.

The milsurp stuff is pretty hot. I had a spam can full of Bulgarian stuff that was just amazing. Shot great. The Tokarev and their various Eastern Bloc copies are pretty easy to disassemble and clean. Otherwise, for commercial stuff I think PPU is the least expensive I've found.

https://www.wikiarms.com/group/7.62x25

Archived