Calling ISP

Does anyone ever answer the phone at ISP licensing division? My dad has been calling multiple times a day for the past few days. He is trying to renew his FOID, and he is at 45+ days since renewing. He calls and the phone just rings, and he never can talk to anyone. It doesn't matter what option he chooses, what time of day, it just rings.

Does anyone ever answer the phone at ISP licensing division? My dad has been calling multiple times a day for the past few days. He is trying to renew his FOID, and he is at 45+ days since renewing. He calls and the phone just rings, and he never can talk to anyone. It doesn't matter what option he chooses, what time of day, it just rings.

That's not a bug, it's a deliberate feature.

No, they are not answering the phone. Message me with what your dad is trying to do.

No, they are not answering the phone. Message me with what your dad is trying to do.

Isn't that a dereliction of their required duty, that they are being paid for by my tax money? Perhaps we should file a class action lawsuit against them for misuse of public funds.

They have 60 days to process renewals. If he submitted and is just waiting for his card, relax. He's still valid till the new card comes.

yes. But the lack of ability to speak with someone (or get a response to email), ever, has been an ongoing issue for months. Do we know if they recognize its a problem? Are they doing anything to address it? Do they care? I know they say they are understaffed but last time I looked at the state job listings there was nothing listed for the FSB.

What does one do with FOID/CCL expiring and your account is messed up no matter what you try including the suggestions here. Contact Molly seems to be the only option.

Edited by InterestedBystander

the isp,or the state of illinois could care less if we need to contact them on the phone.the fact that we pay to renue our foid or ccl means nothing. they would just as soon ignore us because they would rather avoid us than speak with us.tell your dad to get used to it because the left will do everything in their power to make legal gun owners like your dad criminial,s.imo the real travisty here is that the people that voted these anti gun libs into office will continue to do so until our 2nd amendment rights are vaporized.

They have 60 days to process renewals. If he submitted and is just waiting for his card, relax. He's still valid till the new card comes.

yes. But the lack of ability to speak with someone (or get a response to email), ever, has been an ongoing issue for months. Do we know if they recognize its a problem? Are they doing anything to address it? Do they care? I know they say they are understaffed but last time I looked at the state job listings there was nothing listed for the FSB.

What does one do with FOID/CCL expiring and your account is messed up no matter what you try including the suggestions here. Contact Molly seems to be the only option.

Yes, they know it is a problem and Gov. Rauner was in the process of trying to get the ISP phone system updated. With the new Gov. and new administration, I don't know if that will continue or not. Staffing is a complicated issue.

This is problem is beyond ridiculous! I've been trying to get through to get an application started for my 10 yr. old son. He is ready to join the school clay shooting team but a FOID card is one of the requirements. Not to mention all the issues I try to help my students and customers with when it comes to FOID and FCCL issues. What a load of crap!