Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

Renewal timeline

submitted CCL 1/12/19

submitted FOID 5/6/19

Active FOID 7/3/19

received FOID 7/10/19

Stopped by State Reps office 8/28/19, Called me back a couple of time thru the process.

Inspect element showed Rejected, training certificate missing number; 8/29/2019, went and got replacement Certificate from trainer

Phone call from ISP discussed problem and attached new certificate to email AND he called me back and acknowledge he had received it and was good to go 9/11/2019

Phone call from ISP CCL approved 9/13/19

Active 9/13/19

Received in mail 9/18/19

Applied 6/13

Issued Today 09/09

Prints on original.

Right at 90 days if I counted correctly.

Expires 10/09. Lost a month of time on the original, new expiration 09/24.

My buddy was approved yesterday as well, he had 180 days of free carry, yet I lose a month.

What's the story on this?

It’s your avatar

They are holding it against you.......

Card in hand today. Expires 09/09/24 - current card expires 10/09/2019.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These times posted don't give me much hope, FOID renewal is closing in fast on 40 days 'under review' with just over 30 days until the old one expires, ironically I just bought an AR lower a few weeks ago without any hold up, so I'm calling their 'under review' as a stalling tactic.

The old card is still valid until you receive the new one!

As long as you renewed before the expire date you are good to go!

Several threads here with it.....

These times posted don't give me much hope, FOID renewal is closing in fast on 40 days 'under review' with just over 30 days until the old one expires, ironically I just bought an AR lower a few weeks ago without any hold up, so I'm calling their 'under review' as a stalling tactic.

The old card is still valid until you receive the new one!

As long as you renewed before the expire date you are good to go!

Several threads here with it.....

Yes, I understand that, but it's the point they are dragging their feet, if my current FOID if still valid and I can go purchase a gun today and get a proceed reply from them within seconds, then there is no reason to delay sending me a new FOID. If the delay is truly because they need to continue 'reviewing' doesn't that imply that their entire database is out of date, incomplete and essentially useless to begin with?

I'm going with it just being a stalling tactic to further burden my right because they can get away with it with no accountability.

I am taking my renewal class this Saturday, then submitting my renewal ASAP.

So, is submitting fingerprints necessary? Any idea on how long the delay without them is?

Also, anyone have a recommendation on where to get fingerprints done in Chicago? The place I am doing the renewal at is just the 3-hour class, without fingerprinting.

So, is submitting fingerprints necessary? Any idea on how long the delay without them is?

Also, anyone have a recommendation on where to get fingerprints done in Chicago? The place I am doing the renewal at is just the 3-hour class, without fingerprinting.

The State Police get an extra 30 days to process if you don't submit prints. My renewal, without prints, took 118 days. Waiting (patiently) by the mailbox now

I guess it is just up to you. 90 days with prints, 120 without. If it is a timely renewal, and to be completely candid, mine was one day expired when I sent in the renewal, then you can still carry on your "expired" license. I personally see no reason to give a crony $50-$75 for electronic prints. The government already has my prints from several intensive clearance checks plus registration for the Bar, so I don't fear that, just not into enriching cronies. YMMV.

One year this month with 38 pages to read. And what have we learned?

The state will and has on almost every new and renewed FOID taken what ever time they wish as they see fits their manpower needs and uses!

Typing and threatening a lawsuit will not get a card back faster.

Fingerprints will go through the digital vendors listed in Illinois as any other prints on file anywhere in the universe are invalid!

Waiting until a FOID or CCL expires has in several cases, one which got a direct reply, result in taking the class over completely.

And applying for a new FOID after it has expired would by statue void the CCL in possession.

Being shocked that it takes this long shouldn’t shock if you’ve read this thread which many gravitate to because of the title only to head straight to the last post and type in the same information, threats, amazements, and righteous indignation about a right refused!

Just an unbiased observation of one year later and having answers in place, yet keeping this thread going would seem to be a chase of the Walmart thread, which has a life all its on......

Thank You and “Carry On”

If you submitted electronically the first time you don't need to resubmit another set.

One year this month with 38 pages to read. And what have we learned?

The state will and has on almost every new and renewed FOID taken what ever time they wish as they see fits their manpower needs and uses!

Typing and threatening a lawsuit will not get a card back faster.

Fingerprints will go through the digital vendors listed in Illinois as any other prints on file anywhere in the universe are invalid!

Waiting until a FOID or CCL expires has in several cases, one which got a direct reply, result in taking the class over completely.

And applying for a new FOID after it has expired would by statue void the CCL in possession.

Being shocked that it takes this long shouldn’t shock if you’ve read this thread which many gravitate to because of the title only to head straight to the last post and type in the same information, threats, amazements, and righteous indignation about a right refused!

Just an unbiased observation of one year later and having answers in place, yet keeping this thread going would seem to be a chase of the Walmart thread, which has a life all its on......

Thank You and “Carry On”

SPOT ON

Filed renewal 8/25/2019

As of today, still Under Review

44 days and counting

System still says under review, but inspect element reveals "QC_verified" "approved". So I guess I'm just waiting for a hamster in the mailroom to print the ID and mail it.

If you submitted electronically the first time you don't need to resubmit another set.

I did indeed. Thank you.

93 full days until in my hands, was printed I assume on the 3rd of November as that is the issue date!

Also for those who have asked before, the envelopes are stamped with Return Service Requested.

Upon further searching and a call to the local PO, this is what they confirmed over the phone and the google search.....

Return Service Requested tells the USPS that if a piece of mail cannot be delivered as addressed, the piece is to be returned, free of charge, to the sender, with the new address or an explanation of the reason for non-delivery attached to it, regardless of whether a change of address order is on file for the recipient ...

Archived