Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

Expires on 5/5/2019 Renewed on 3/31/2019 no prints, still under review.

This process sucks I renewed/reapplied for my out of state Florida CCL (which BTW was expired by 16 months) last year, and it was active the next day. The next day!!!!!! The powers that be, do not want us to have a pleasant experience, they make it difficult and irritating and expensive, for a reason.

Still nothing, coming up on 120 days since renewal, also coming up on 90 days of free carry (they can keep reviewing it for eternity, for all I care) free free free the way it should be.

I just checked mine and I went active today 7/25/19 . I haven't been checking very often and just decided to check while reading this thread.

renewed 3/19/19 no prints either time.

old license expired 4/18/19

active 7/25/19 = 128 days. Now to see how long it takes to arrive in the mail.

Only took 103 days to get original license in the mail.

License was in the mail today. 134 days to my mailbox. 98 days of free carry.

Are you people receiving your number matched F.O.I card at the same time? 3wks post CCL for me and still no F.O.I

thats good question. i just checked and noticed my FOID number changed. are we supposed to get a new FOID as well as a new CCL card?

Depends. The older CCL cards upon renewal will generate a new FOID with new matching number and same as old FOID expire date. iirc, I think this is in place for up to mid 2015 CCL licenses. I am still awaiting renewal, but all Ive read says the cards arrive in separate envelopes.

131 days to active. Was at least happy they updated the issue date to 7/25/2019, as opposed to my original issue date.

That will not always be the case. JBP signed a bill that makes dates expire 5 years from license date instead of issue date. They have 6 months to implement.

If / when implemented, I wonder if that will affect licenses already renewed.?. I renewed early and lost some days with a new earlier expiration date.

131 days to active. Was at least happy they updated the issue date to 7/25/2019, as opposed to my original issue date.

That will not always be the case. JBP signed a bill that makes dates expire 5 years from license date instead of issue date. They have 6 months to implement.

If / when implemented, I wonder if that will affect licenses already renewed.?. I renewed early and lost some days with a new earlier expiration date.

I too hope it is retroactive. This is the way it should be. Five years... no more no less.

Finally got mine in the mail today. Submitted it mid Feb 2019, active as of 25 July. 5 months. Was expired since april so i felt "naked" without a valid CCW. Good now, but man, what a wait....

I too hope it is retroactive. This is the way it should be. Five years... no more no less.

Not retroactive is my take. Applies day 180+ after bill signing.

Are you people receiving your number matched F.O.I card at the same time? 3wks post CCL for me and still no F.O.I

thats good question. i just checked and noticed my FOID number changed. are we supposed to get a new FOID as well as a new CCL card?

Depends. The older CCL cards upon renewal will generate a new FOID with new matching number and same as old FOID expire date. iirc, I think this is in place for up to mid 2015 CCL licenses. I am still awaiting renewal, but all Ive read says the cards arrive in separate envelopes.

Some, as recent as the last few days, appear to get their number matched F.O.I. on the same day along with their CCL. No such luck for me. I am planning on waiting a month and then seek Molly advise.

Archived