106 days from submission to active

104 days of carrying for "free"!

Renewal submitted 4/1/19

Expired 4/3/19

Active 7/16/19

Postmarked 7/19/19

In hand 7/22/19

Prints with original application, not with renewal

As an aside, the letter they send accompanying the permit has bold all caps letters stating, "AT THE REQUEST OF A POLICE OFFICER, A CONCEALED CARRY LICENSEE SHALL DISCLOSE THAT HE OR SHE IS IN POSSESSION OF A CONCEALED FIREARM". Technically the law is only if the officer asks during an investigative stop (not that I would lie to an officer, but I thought it was an interesting omission).

172 days before licence was in my hand.

This may be the record to date for a renewal. I assume you have not done prints?

No, not a record. as stated earlier, no print renewal, 142 days in hand. Now if they would just send the dam FOI!

I think the record was a reference to the longest time frame, not the shortest... some early renewals were in hand in a matter of weeks.

This may be the record to date for a renewal. I assume you have not done prints?

No, not a record. as stated earlier, no print renewal, 142 days in hand. Now if they would just send the dam FOI!

I think the record was a reference to the longest time frame, not the shortest... some early renewals were in hand in a matter of weeks.
Exactly. At this point with renewals taking longer than original apps (and no 30 day LE wait involved) I think 164 was the longest I had seen before now.

Records:

Mine took 15 days start to finish, and some were faster.

There were far fewer renewals to process at the time.

And a different Governor...

I wonder how many staff were switched to implementing the gun dealer bill. Things seemed to really slow down after that was signed by JB.

I'm guessing they have the same number of people working and renewals for all of the first year CCPs plus all the new applications.

Records:

Mine took 15 days start to finish, and some were faster.

There were far fewer renewals to process at the time.

And a different Governor...

I wonder how many staff were switched to implementing the gun dealer bill. Things seemed to really slow down after that was signed by JB.

I'm guessing they have the same number of people working and renewals for all of the first year CCPs plus all the new applications.

Reports of GDL website not accepting applications and dealers not getting call promised call backs...sound familiar?

https://www.sj-r.com/news/20190722/gun-dealer-new-illinois-law-will-put-hammer-on-us

...Bill Oglesby, a fourth-generation gunmaker and gun dealer in Springfield, had choice words last week for the Illinois State Police website that wouldn’t accept his application. Promised return phone calls haven’t materialized, he said....

Exactly. At this point with renewals taking longer than original apps (and no 30 day LE wait involved) I think 164 was the longest I had seen before now.

My bad. I thought it was in reference to the most recent renewals. They seem to be running 20 to 24 days longer now. More are all over the place with no prints sometimes going over 5 months

I just checked mine and I went active today 7/25/19 . I haven't been checking very often and just decided to check while reading this thread.

renewed 3/19/19 no prints either time.

old license expired 4/18/19

active 7/25/19 = 128 days. Now to see how long it takes to arrive in the mail.

Only took 103 days to get original license in the mail.

So this is my story I applied for ccl renewal on March 15 2019 been waiting, since foid expires on September 1 I applied on July 5 to renew it, it became active today. I tried numerous times to contact the state police on how long It is taking. Finally talked to someone today and she advised me that the ccl process completely stopped when I applied for my foid card renewal, lesson learned. She said expect another 45 days.

Applied for renewal of CCL (no fingerprints) on March 3, 2 019.

FOID is current until 2022, and as of today I'm at 128 days and counting.

Still says under review. Who do I need to call?

Foid and CCL Active 7/25/19

Only 144 days. :wacko:

Something's out of whack for this many applications, spanning at least 1 1/2 months, to all go active on the same day.

Maybe not if they are bunching them up and processing in batches every few days/weeks/months

If active means printed as they say, then its probably a matter of them setting up the printer and scheduling runs.

Archived