Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

Applied for renewal of CCL (no fingerprints) on March 3, 2 019.

FOID is current until 2022, and as of today I'm at 128 days and counting.

Still says under review. Who do I need to call?

They are running about 134 days.

Is there any conversation going on about why they seem to be dragging their feet?

We are expected to comply with the letter of the law, why aren’t they?

Lots of conversation, believe me. They are understaffed and overwhelmed with hundreds of thousands of FOID and CCLs hitting renewal dates at the same time.

There is a different standard on holding government agencies to the letter of the law and holding individuals to the letter of the law. No, it isn't right. We do what we can, where we can, when we can.

Is there any conversation going on about why they seem to be dragging their feet?

We are expected to comply with the letter of the law, why arent they?

Great...only another 4 months to go...

They say they are short staffed. Not sure how many staff Trame has in the FSB but a web search of SOI ISP FSB employees only returns 2 people which I hope there are more than that.

During one testimony I thought they said 50 people across all the FSB departments. A different search on the SOI site shows 30 Firearm Eligibility Analysts and 3 others (cant tell if they are trainers or trainees)

Lots of conversation, believe me. They are understaffed and overwhelmed with hundreds of thousands of FOID and CCLs hitting renewal dates at the same time.

There is a different standard on holding government agencies to the letter of the law and holding individuals to the letter of the law. No, it isn't right. We do what we can, where we can, when we can.

Thanks for your work. We DO appreciate it!

The staffing claim is pure lunacy on the face of it. They knew the workload, they knew the renewals that would be coming up, they staffed the job insufficiently to handle the known workload, and then they use understaffing as a reason for why they cannot do their job. Lunacy.

USPS Informed Delivery shows two envelopes coming from ISP today so it looks like both, CCL and FOID will be in my hands this afternoon.

3/19 - Submitted (Original Prints) - Day 0

3/22 - Original Expired - Day 3

6/21 - QC_Verified (Inspect Element) - Day 94

6/25 - Approved - (Inspect Element) - Day 98

7/3 - Active (with matching FOID - Day 106

7/10 - CCL and FOID Arriving in Mail - Day 113

I understand what you are saying buy aren't the state police and fbi using computers to do background checks and such? are they doing everything manually by paper and pen? im not trying b**** at you im just vocalizing my thoughts.

We are expected to comply with the letter of the law, why arent they?

I understand what you are saying buy aren't the state police and fbi using computers to do background checks and such? are they doing everything manually by paper and pen? im not trying b**** at you im just vocalizing my thoughts.

Does it take 134 days for working a BG check? No, I dont believe so. A few days, OK. If you look at the ISP policy/procedures guide posted, they do submit to various databases via computer. Depending on the responses and if a flag field was identified, the analyst has to follow up with things like making calls to other agencies, researching judge notes from court, etc. So it was more than I thought but IMO certainly not as long as they are taking, especially for someone with no flag fields in responses.

Applied for renewal on February 25th (no prints) and went live on July 3rd ... 124 days or so total. My new FOID card arrived yesterday, but not my CCL. Have others experience the same thing?

I’m mostly worried that something happened to my CCL license since the FOID arrived but the CCL did not.

131 days later my CCL was in my mailbox.

Day 160, approved on 7/3 but nothing in the mail yet. Today maybe the day.

ISP trolled me yesterday and sent me a new FOID card for some reason. It expires 1/1/2020 so I got less than 6 months to renew it and get yet another FOID card.

Not a troll

They send both CCL and new FOIDs so the design and numbers match

You MAY receive one before the other

They come in separate envelops

Look for that CCL soon as it WAS taking about 4 to 5 days iirc in old threads about getting the separate cards

Congrats

Status changed to active today. Around 130 days. Applied for renewal March 2. Anybody know how long after active until license in hand?

Mine was 8 days. My friends was 3 days. We went active the same day and he lives less than a mile from me with the same zip code and mail carrier. Someone on here posted that theirs took 13 days.

I am at 138 days with prints... still under review. My CCL was set to expire on 2/28 and I renewed it on 2/27. My FOID was set to expire on 7/1, 4 months after my CCL so I didn't have the option to renew both cards at the same time. I decided to wait the 90 days to see if I would receive my new CCL (or at least see a status change) and a real short lived FOID but that didn't happen. I renewed my FOID on 5/28. If renewing my FOID caused both applications to start over at day 1, then maybe I'll see both in a few weeks. Luckily, I haven't had the need to go & buy ammo or go to a range in IL because I'm sure they wouldn't be happy seeing a customer w/an expired FOID and CCL. Has anyone checked to see if any places we frequent take a hard copy of the ISP's website details that we are still under review and let us still on the range and make purchases? My guess is no they wouldn't because I'm not aware that they have a system in place where they can review our status.

The staffing claim is pure lunacy on the face of it. They knew the workload, they knew the renewals that would be coming up, they staffed the job insufficiently to handle the known workload, and then they use understaffing as a reason for why they cannot do their job. Lunacy.

Additional staffing and compensating for the line-item removal of FSB employees by Blago and Quimby were some of the reasons they claimed to need to set the fee at $150.

That, and of course, to be just under the amount a court might find "unreasonable" (ie, greater than $152.50, the cost for CCW for a Denver CO resident).

We know you are busting your butt trying to have positive effects, but while you are doing what you can, where you can, when you can, with no penalties established either on the state or the employees themselves for timeliness, who really cares, especially those certain employees who don't see RKBA as a "real" Right?

Archived