Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

Original license (no prints) expires 4/16/19

Submitted renewal (no prints) 1/15/19 - status "under review" as of 1/17/19

Question: Somewhere I've read that CCL/FOID license holders are background checked daily/weekly to continually ensure their status is correct. Amounting to hundreds of background checks per year.

If so, wouldn't renewal of a valid license essentially be nothing more than a rubber stamp?

Arrived today, May 16, 2019. 121 days flowtime, 85 workdays, and $150. Elsewhere, computers make it possible to remotely land vehicles on Mars.

4/30/19 was my last day for 'non-expired' carry.

Renewed 2/12/19, prints on file.

5/6/19 Status is under review but now QC Verified - Woo-Hoo! Movement

I checked -5/11/19 - and I'm now Approved, so we slowly progress progressively.

And today 5/13/19 - I finally made it to ACTIVE!

5/16/19 - Card arrived in today's mail - new expiration date is 5/13/2024 - 5 years after my renewal Inspect Element showed active. So give or take a few days it took three months from online renewal with prints on file to card in hand.

Dammit, got my new license in the mail today.

renewed 2-4-19

expired 2-28-19

new expiration 5-13-24

received in mail today 5-16-19

74 days of free carry

99 days to get approved

And I can honestly say, that I DID NOT check the ISP website ever to see my status. I personally did not care when I got approved. I was carrying for free. They could have taken all year to get my card. I didn't care.

3/10 Expiration

2/7 Renewed (with prior original prints); suspect went "under review" shortly after - did not 'clock'

5/9 still shows UR, but Insect Element is "under review, APROVED" (or 5/8 - couldn't check).

Looks like 90 days exactly (if my math is correct) to this point. no mail/email from ISP about expiration, renewal, etc., only email payment receipt.

Update 5/13 Active in profile and Elements. Noticed FOID # changed to old (?) CCW... Shall see what numbers are when cards in hand.

Last update: 5/16 - in hand (Cook), postmarked 5/14. # remained same, FOID # was "force-matched" on my profile's website.

Submitted renewal on 2/14

Expired 4/29

Still showing "Under Review" as of today (4/30)

This is with original prints submitted 3/26/2014 and since I moved a few years ago, my CCW and FOID have matching numbers.

It is now 5/10. 86 days since I submitted my renewal. My application is still sitting at "Under Review".

How freaking hard is to run a background check, and look at a damn document that uploaded? (all of which shouldn't be needed based on 2A to begin with).

This state SUCKS! I cannot wait to move.

5/16 - Finally went to Active on ISP site.

92 days - WITH prints already on file, and with CCW/FOID numbers matching.

Now, lets see how long it takes to actually get the new card.

Submitted 1/3/19 a renewal and no prints

expired 3/4/19

Active 5/2/19

Received in mail 5/9 today

Expiration date got bumped to 5/2/24

Update New FOID just showed up in todays mail to match the CCL Lic number unfortunately they didn't extend the new FOID to a 10 year extension. It only has 3 years left till it expires.

Submitted 1/3/19 a renewal and no prints

expired 3/4/19

Active 5/2/19

Received in mail 5/9 today

Expiration date got bumped to 5/2/24

Update New FOID just showed up in todays mail to match the CCL Lic number unfortunately they didn't extend the new FOID to a 10 year extension. It only has 3 years left till it expires.

When you get the new FOID with the CCL, it always has the original dates.

Lots of people don’t look at that and then their FOIDs expire and they don’t know why.

You are getting the new FOID without paying extra, so they figure....let’s screw these guys and have some fun!

Expires: 04/01/2019

Applied for renewal on: 02-09-2019

Under review on: 02-26-19

Prints provided on original application

Active: 5/13/2019

Expires: 5/13/2024

94 days total renewed to active.

Ummmmm, 5/17/19 received a new FOID in the mail... still waiting for the CCL and wasn't expecting a FOID to show up.... what am I missing here?

Expires: 04/01/2019

Applied for renewal on: 02-09-2019

Under review on: 02-26-19

Prints provided on original application

Active: 5/13/2019

Expires: 5/13/2024

94 days total renewed to active.

Ummmmm, 5/17/19 received a new FOID in the mail... still waiting for the CCL and wasn't expecting a FOID to show up.... what am I missing here?

But original expiration remains the same on the new FOID . . .so be aware of expiration date.

Original license (no prints) expires 4/16/19

Submitted renewal (no prints) 1/15/19 - status "under review" as of 1/17/19

Question: Somewhere I've read that CCL/FOID license holders are background checked daily/weekly to continually ensure their status is correct. Amounting to hundreds of background checks per year.

If so, wouldn't renewal of a valid license essentially be nothing more than a rubber stamp?

Arrived today, May 16, 2019. 121 days flowtime, 85 workdays, and $150. Elsewhere, computers make it possible to remotely land vehicles on Mars.

And a day later an unexpected new FOID arrived with the same number as the CCL, and the old exp. date. Separate envelopes, twice the postage. But it's only taxpayer money.

"Separate envelopes, twice the postage. But it's only taxpayer money."

I'm trying to visualize the process in Springpatch that would coordinate printing the two different cards from the two different databases on the same machine at the same time for insertion into a single envelope.

I've now given up trying that mind experiment cuz it was starting to make me feel woozy. lol

The ISP CCL site has been down for several days now. Our incompetent government workers can' even maintain a functioning web site. Clearly a tax increase is needed to fix this problem

and while I want to squeeze some state time out of my renewal, this is also a reason not to wait until the last minute. A weekend renewal is apparently not happening for me. It would be nice if it came back supporting mobile devices once again but I dont think that will be happening.

The ISP CCL site has been down for several days now. Our incompetent government workers can' even maintain a functioning web site. Clearly a tax increase is needed to fix this problem

I checked early this morning, and it's still down due to technical difficulties. I would imagine that work is still going on off the web site, but you never know in this state.

I checked early this morning, and it's still down due to technical difficulties. I would imagine that work is still going on off the web site, but you never know in this state.

and what happens to those who were not able to renew FOIDS and CCLs the last couple of days? FOID expired, FOID revoked, CCL revoked???

Archived