Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

Submitted renewal 1/2/19 no prints (no prints previously)

Expires 4/10/19

Still shows under review-submitted

Looks like I may get a few weeks of carry courtesy of the state of Illinois.

Update:

Approaching four months and no status change yet. What happens when ISP does not meet their deadlines?

Went active today at day 120

Monday will be 3 months Illinois make it so dang hard to want to stay in this state, no way it should take this long when you have had the license for 5 years and no tickets or anything. they have my prints on file also

Tuesday will be 90 days for me since renewal submitted. Same situation otherwise. Over two months of free carry now.

1/29/19: Applied for renewal with digital fingerprints from original license (issued 3/05/14)

License expired 3/05/19

Today is 5/05/19 still shows under review

We are at 96 days and counting with prints. I have tried my best to contact the state police firearms bureau or whatever they are calling it. I emailed through the ccl and FOID channels. Ive made many futile attempts to call. No one has contacted me. Any advise?

Carry with the printouts showing that you've paid the fees and have applied for renewal. Also the printout showing it is under review from the website (same page?)

Without some major event against you during the active time on the license you'll probably see it in the next thirty days or so. Looking at the timing of those posting here I'm guessing it could happen for you in the next batch which could be within that thirty days...

I carry with the printouts and am now waiting on the mailing without any contact from them other than the website showing it has been approved...

Renewal applied for... 1/27/2019
Old expired... 2/28/2019
Active/Renewed... 5/2/2019

Now the wait for the mailing...

What is the renewal processing time for without prints? The reason I ask is I have already completed 92 days with no absolutely no change in my renewal application. It is just in a status of "Under Review" and while doing the "inspect element" it is just at "Submitted".

Is it 90 or 120 days for renewal without prints?

Thanks in advance.

Renewed: 2-4-19 (no prints)

Expired: 5-10-19

Still Under Review: 5-6-19

1/29/19: Applied for renewal with digital fingerprints from original license (issued 3/05/14)

License expired 3/05/19

Today is 5/05/19 still shows under review

We are at 96 days and counting with prints. I have tried my best to contact the state police firearms bureau or whatever they are calling it. I emailed through the ccl and FOID channels. Ive made many futile attempts to call. No one has contacted me. Any advise?

Strangely when I checked earlier (5-6-19) My status showed active as of 5-2-19 but when I looked on the 3rd it was still under review. At least it finally went through I guess

120 days without

And what is the penalty if they don’t meet these timelines? Nothing. I’m 90 days for renewal now, with prints on file. Took less time to get my initial license. Since then I have had 0 police contact, not even a traffic stop. I’ve been carrying for free since March 1, so they’re screwing themselves.

3/10 Expiration

2/7 Renewed (with prior original prints); suspect went "under review" shortly after - did not 'clock'

5/9 still shows UR, but Insect Element is "under review, APROVED" (or 5/8 - couldn't check).

Looks like 90 days exactly (if my math is correct) to this point. no mail/email from ISP about expiration, renewal, etc., only email payment receipt.

"Reserved for updates" (Mauserme, IC) wink...

It seems like those who renewed early or a month after the initial rush, the state was pushing out licenses rather quickly....some got approved within a week, others two weeks to a month. I was initially mad that I wasn't one of the members who got approved in the shorter time frame. My renewal was processed within 1 month and looking back, I should have been super happy about that as many are now waiting the full 90/120 days per the letter of the law. Sucks.

Archived