Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

Submitted for renewal on 01/07/19 with prints from original license application.

Just went to QC_Verified - 03/21/19

Just went to "approved" today.. 03/27/19

Shows "Active" with a date of 03/28/19 when I checked this morning on 03/29/19

New CCL arrived in the mail today (04/04/19)

Says issued in 03/28 (which is when it went active checking the website), expires on 03/28/2024 so I got 30 days of free carry (not really).. Old CCL expired on 02/28/19

The pic on the license is the same one as my DL which I renewed in August 2018.

yeah it looks like I'm screwed. Guess I waited too long

Renewed 3/12/2019

Exp 04/29/2019

If by screwed you mean screwed into free carry compliments of Illinois' incompetence

Free carry? I'm under the impression that I have to stop carrying AND teaching until I get the new license in the mail

Unless it's different for instructors (some way or another), you're free to "CARRY ON" beyond your expiration so long as you've submitted your renewal pursuant to 430 ILCS 66/70-C

A license is invalid upon expiration of the license, unless the licensee has submitted an application to renew the license, and the applicant is otherwise eligible to possess a license under this Act.

The above is a clickable link that will bring you directly to the ILGA in the event you'd like to verify ;)

Renewed 3/12/2019

Exp 04/29/2019

If by screwed you mean screwed into free carry compliments of Illinois' incompetence

Free carry? I'm under the impression that I have to stop carrying AND teaching until I get the new license in the mail

Why? If you submitted a renewal application while your CCL was active, you are still valid even if the physical card becomes expired before the new one arrives.

Renewed 3/12/2019

Exp 04/29/2019

How does an instructor not know this?

I can understand that part, a lot of it is up to interpretation until we have case law on some of it. At times it can come down to personal interpretation too, at the LEO level or any other. One example was the officer who just merely pointed out that I was fully exposed while riding my motorcycle. While all he did was point it out so I'd cover it back up, other not so 2A friendly officers may have pulled me over and slammed me to the ground and arrested me for "violating" the "partially concealed" part! Who knows, even though it's been around FIVE years now, it's still "new", as, there's almost no case law on anything within the FCCA... At least that I know of...

I can understand that part, a lot of it is up to interpretation until we have case law on some of it. At times it can come down to personal interpretation too, at the LEO level or any other. One example was the officer who just merely pointed out that I was fully exposed while riding my motorcycle. While all he did was point it out so I'd cover it back up, other not so 2A friendly officers may have pulled me over and slammed me to the ground and arrested me for "violating" the "partially concealed" part! Who knows, even though it's been around FIVE years now, it's still "new", as, there's almost no case law on anything within the FCCA... At least that I know of...

a few years back I called local LE, SA and ISP to get clarification. They all referred me to the next, citing an inability to offer legal advice....I finally brought it to an attorney that I worked for as an intern, he told me that a judge could deem it "unconstitutionally vague" and order lawmakers to go back to the drawing board and provide clarification themselves.

a few years back I called local LE, SA and ISP to get clarification. They all referred me to the next, citing an inability to offer legal advice....I finally brought it to an attorney that I worked for as an intern, he told me that a judge could deem it "unconstitutionally vague" and order lawmakers to go back to the drawing board and provide clarification themselves.

Typical Democrat Control WANTS you to be a Felon.

The more Laws they have that make You a Felon, the more control they (the gov) have over your Life !!

If people want gov responsible for them, you Have to give government control !!

Renewed 3/12/2019

Exp 04/29/2019

I

I don’t mean to pile on, but how does a instructor not know this?

I can understand. Just like a whole lot of others thought the same thing. An instructor has no where to go for official answers and explanations. We all have to interpret to the best of our ability, share info with each other, sift through all the erroneous info dispensed by the ISP and other "experts". Remember callers to the ISP back before the renewals were told instructors would have to submit a training certificate!

I'm glad people come here for answers.

there's almost no case law on anything within the FCCA... At least that I know of...
No, there isn't. And that's the best part. It completely destroys the "blood in the streets" and "wild west" arguments against carry. The fully or partially concealed part is a vague area and I'm not sure LEOs wanna touch it. I've had my pistol show a few times when I've been carrying with a shoulder rig. No "oh my bleeping lord a gun!" and what have you. If a cop DOES arrest someone for printing, partially concealed, whatever, the arrest will be tossed. The defendant should sue even though he/she will likely lose as courts are seriously deferring to LE and granting MTDs based on qualified immunity for crazy stuff like stealing a defendant's car (welcome to CA9) because the right to not have your car stolen by a cop isn't "clearly established." I thought it was common sense but I'm not a judge (God help the government if I were). Mullenix v. Luna (cop shot and killed driver during high speed chase from an overpass with a high powered rifle) and subsequently White v. Pauly (cops who didn't ID themselves got into a firefight with two brothers and killed one, SCOTUS dumped CA10's denial of QI) don't require a case on point, but seems like circuits are erring on the side of caution and requiring a case directly on point. Qualified immunity needs to go. Now. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I'm at 43 days with prints. Looks like I'm about half way through it reading other's times.

A range officer at the ISRA range mentioned that the new governor cut the CCL staff way down which if true accounts for the delay. From like 40 people down to 4 or so. That would definitely put a crimp in their style if that's the case.

Probably the exact intention.

I'm at 43 days with prints. Looks like I'm about half way through it reading other's times.

A range officer at the ISRA range mentioned that the new governor cut the CCL staff way down which if true accounts for the delay. From like 40 people down to 4 or so. That would definitely put a crimp in their style if that's the case.

I find that to be very hard to believe . I would think the slowdown is due to all the renewals coming in at once , plus the new applications being submitted.

The above being said , I don't think the FCCL staffing was ever up to standards as compared to what the private sector would be.

I find that to be very hard to believe . I would think the slowdown is due to all the renewals coming in at once , plus the new applications being submitted.

The above being said , I don't think the FCCL staffing was ever up to standards as compared to what the private sector would be.

Yes, I don't know if it's true, but thought it was worth mentioning just in case. We do know the new governor dislikes guns and gun owners, so it would seem likely.

I never knew the staffing numbers in Springfield until I heard these numbers.

Yes, I don't know if it's true, but thought it was worth mentioning just in case. We do know the new governor dislikes guns and gun owners, so it would seem likely.

I never knew the staffing numbers in Springfield until I heard these numbers.

There was a recent ISP job posting for a FOID/CCL technician opening...but it was only 1 single position posted.

The same way the people who actually wrote the law cant tell us what "partially concealed" means.

a meeting a few years ago, of Attorneys General, decided that with the grip being uncovered, constituted concealed. but you may still take the ride...

Archived