Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

Interesting...Lots of no action, then all of a sudden, the dam bursts and there's 3 pages of IC users that just got approved late last week. I wonder what the hold-up was? Hopefully, for others, the institutional hold has been removed.

Might it have anything to do with 8000 gun owners being at the capital and talking to their senators asking for help speeding up the process?

Active!

Submit 12/20/18

Active 2/22/19

62 days (if I added that correctly)

Not terrible, but doesn't bode well for people who want it in a month so they don't have to carry an expired card.

In the mail today...

I guess they decided to update my FOID number with the new FCCL. NO notice, no letter or explanation, just done automatically behind the scenes...I had no idea until today when it showed up in my mail a solid month after they killed the old card number without telling me.

Very happy Utah renewal was five bucks, fill out a form, and it arrived in a couple of weeks. No stress about crossing in to Indiana, Missouri, Kentucky while we wait for Illinois to issue the renewal.

You can continue to carry if expired as long as you've applied to renew, pursuant to 430 ILCS 66/70 ( c )

But yes, having other states licenses/permits do help for reciprocity. Don't think the expired il will help while out of state!

Exactly my concern. I'm in Southern Illinois and LE down here are onboard. But we have travel planned to border states during the time we will be waiting for Illinois to issue the renewal. I stressed about that until I realized Utah had us covered. Before Illinois had CC I had to wait until crossing a river to holster up so I should have made the connection sooner.

Active!

Submit 12/20/18

Active 2/22/19

62 days (if I added that correctly)

Not terrible, but doesn't bode well for people who want it in a month so they don't have to carry an expired card.

In the mail today...

I guess they decided to update my FOID number with the new FCCL. NO notice, no letter or explanation, just done automatically behind the scenes...I had no idea until today when it showed up in my mail a solid month after they killed the old card number without telling me.

I expected to get a new matching number FOID just like they started issuing new ones to CCL applicants later in 2015 I think. Would not expect it to be invalid so quickly though.

Waited for all my cards to arrive for the final tally. The replacement FOID card arrived a month after my new CCL did.

Here are the milestones, start to finish, of the journey to renew my CCL:

12/17/18: Applied for renewal with previous prints -> Submitted > Under Review
02/06/19: QC_Verified > Under Review (51 days in)
02/20/19: Approved > Under Review (65 days in)
02/22/19: Active > Active (67 days in)
02/22/19: FOID number now matches CCL number
02/27/19: New CCL card in hand (72 days in total)

03/28/19: New FOID card in hand with matching numbers (34 days from FOID number update)

Hello ALL -

Thanks for the heads-up to check.

I had checked earlier today and was

still " Submitted QC-Verified". Then

checked Illinoiscarry.com after
dinner and saw some status change

for those who had applied in the same

week. The ispfsb.com site now

shows "Active".

Everything progressed normally as

expected and the renewal was active

as the first card reached expiration.

The FOID number and CCL are now the same.

Renewed online 1/4/19

Expired 3/26/19

QC_Verified about 3/20/19

QC_Approved - never saw this

Active 3/28/2019

Hello ALL -

Thanks for the heads-up to check.

I had checked earlier today and was

still " Submitted QC-Verified". Then

checked Illinoiscarry.com after

dinner and saw some status change

for those who had applied in the same

week. The ispfsb.com site now

shows "Active".

Everything progressed normally as

expected and the renewal was active

as the first card reached expiration.

The FOID number and CCL are now the same.

Renewed online 1/4/19

Expired 3/26/19

QC_Verified about 3/20/19

QC_Approved - never saw this

Active 3/28/2019

I'm on the same timeline. Mine has shown qc approved for over a week now.

This state is SO screwed up. It’s taking me longer to renew than when I initially applied. And since I have had my CCL, I have had ZERO police interaction- not even a traffic stop. Am I now such a threat that they need to thoroughly investigate me, more than they initially did?

2014. Applied Jan 2. Active Feb 28

2019. Renewed Feb 7. Shows QC Verified and Approved. But still not active on April 2.

This state is SO screwed up. Its taking me longer to renew than when I initially applied. And since I have had my CCL, I have had ZERO police interaction- not even a traffic stop. Am I now such a threat that they need to thoroughly investigate me, more than they initially did?

2014. Applied Jan 2. Active Feb 28

2019. Renewed Feb 7. Shows QC Verified and Approved. But still not active on April 2.

• Renewed 2/18/19
  • Expired 2/28/19
  • Still under review as of today, 4/3/19

Be glad yours has gotten to QC Verified. I applied 1/30 and am still listed as Submitted. My license expired 2/28.

Archived