Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

Expiration date of 2-28-2019. Instructor with fingerprints from the first time around. Applied on 1-2-2019. QC Verified 2-26-2019. Still waiting? Wondering whats taking so long. I've heard other instructors have been getting them in 32 and 35 days? Not that being an instructor means I'm special or means anything as far as getting approved any quicker. Any thoughts?

Same dates here, although not an instructor. Just checked and it finally changed to "Under Review".

Just checked this morning and I went active 3-22. Going to be right at about 12 weeks by the time it gets to the mailbox.

Just went active.

Submitted 12/21

QC verified 2/12

Approved 3/1

Active 3/15

Got ten free days! Should have waited 2 months longer. Old exp date was 3/5/19. Next exp date is 3/15/24.

Ok. I, too, finally went ACTIVE this afternoon (was only Approved this morning). I got 15 free days since my old CCL expired on 2/28. Hopefully, Ill get the card in a week or so. I'll report when I get it.

Total time from application on 12/20/18 (with prints on file) to Active was 85 days.

Good luck, all.

CCL card arrived in mail on Friday, 3/22. One week after going Active. 92 days, start to finish.

Update:

03/22/14 Issued (w\ prints)

01/02/19 Renewal submitted

03/22/19 Expiration Date - Current Status: Under Review

03/25/19 Checked and apparently changed to "Active" on 3/22

Total 79 Days + mailing

I wonder if they're going to start back dating the active status so we don't get our bonus days. Or, maybe they really did change it shortly after you checked it.

Just a quick rant.

So the folks that renewed early and gave the state their money are being punished.

While the folks that applied closer to their renewal date are getting extra months on their 2nd 5 years.

Illinois, what a great place.

I don't feel at all punished for losing $8.74 and receiving my renewed license very early on in just 16 days.

Rather, I'm very pleased to not be putting up with the current renewal times!

Obviously, everyone should be able to experience a speedy renewal and not need to calculate lost pennies per day. We need reform of this CCL renewal process... perhaps some here will mention this to their Representatives during IGOLD.

Just a quick rant.

So the folks that renewed early and gave the state their money are being punished.

While the folks that applied closer to their renewal date are getting extra months on their 2nd 5 years.

Illinois, what a great place.

We knew this going in. That’s why I renewed 3 weeks prior to expiration. In two days I will have gotten a free month of carry out of the state. Small in dollar value, but HUGE in the joy I get in sticking it to the state of Illinois for their incompetence.

Very happy Utah renewal was five bucks, fill out a form, and it arrived in a couple of weeks. No stress about crossing in to Indiana, Missouri, Kentucky while we wait for Illinois to issue the renewal.

You can continue to carry if expired as long as you've applied to renew, pursuant to 430 ILCS 66/70 ( c )

But yes, having other states licenses/permits do help for reciprocity. Don't think the expired il will help while out of state!

Will try to make this short. Talked to a director at State Police, who said she would pass on the message to the Firearm Service Bureau. She seemed concerned that the CCL was over 90 days. She also told me they have 60 days on the FOID renewal. Four hours later I received a call from the Asst. Director of the firearms service bureau who explained that because I applied for my FOID renewal halfway through the CCL renewal the FOID has to be approved first because they cannot approve CCL without the FOID. So by trying to be efficient and applying for FOID I accidentally screwed myself. They still have 30 more days to put it through. My CCL expires in two weeks. Oh by the way, I applied 12-15-18 so holidays don't count as days. Christmas, New Years, MLK birthday, Lincolns birthday(state holiday), Presidents Day. 5 days that can't be counted.

UPDATE: Just checked before 5 p.m. and my FOID went active. Talked to someone on Tuesday and went active on Friday. CCL still under review.

UPDATE: Active end of day Friday, new foid in the mailbox this morning. CCL still under review

Expiration 03/05/2019, applied for renewal 01/02/2019

Finally approved in the inspection element, after being under review for over a month.

finally approved today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received license in the mail today, exp 03/22/2024.

Archived