Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

I just want to be clear and triple-check this:

as long as we renew before exipiration.....and as long as our status is "active", our card is still good beyond expiration date, yes?

I think it's as long as we renew before the expiration date and as long as our status isn't "denied", our card is still good beyond the expiration date. If you renew a week before the expiration dated, your status will probably be "under review" and you'll still be legal.

as long as we renew before exipiration.....and as long as our status is "active", our card is still good beyond expiration date, yes?

I think it's as long as we renew before the expiration date and as long as our status isn't "denied", our card is still good beyond the expiration date. If you renew a week before the expiration dated, your status will probably be "under review" and you'll still be legal.

Beezil - Info you have received is correct.

Renewal times seem to be taking longer right now... mine took only 16 days in the middle of November.

IMO, it seems wise to renew at the earliest possible date to eliminate aggravation and uncertainty. I'm in the minority.

Your CCL costs only 8.4 cents a day. While the current renewal dating scheme seems unjust... it's only 8.4 cents a day you might "lose" if your renewal is approved quickly.

Penny wise - pound foolish.

Beezil - Info you have received is correct.

Renewal times seem to be taking longer right now... mine took only 16 days in the middle of November.

IMO, it seems wise to renew at the earliest possible date to eliminate aggravation and uncertainty. I'm in the minority.

Your CCL costs only 8.4 cents a day. While the current renewal dating scheme seems unjust... it's only 8.4 cents a day you might "lose" if your renewal is approved quickly.

Penny wise - pound foolish.

How am I a pound foolish? My CCL expired Feb 28. I applied on Feb 8 and have been QC verified. Been carrying legally for free for over two weeks and have 0 concern. If you enjoy being screwed even MORE by the state of Illinois, I’m happy for you. I choose to stick to my principles and take advantage of their stupidity. 5 years should mean 5 years. If they choose to give newer shorter dates on early renewals, I’ll always renew later to stick it to this state.

How am I a pound foolish? My CCL expired Feb 28. I applied on Feb 8 and have been QC verified. Been carrying legally for free for over two weeks and have 0 concern. If you enjoy being screwed even MORE by the state of Illinois, I’m happy for you. I choose to stick to my principles and take advantage of their stupidity. 5 years should mean 5 years. If they choose to give newer shorter dates on early renewals, I’ll always renew later to stick it to this state.

The pound foolish part will never come to fruition unless you encounter some legal trouble with a carry license that "appears" to be expired. This would be more likely if you were carrying out of state. And perhaps it will never happen to anyone... as a class, I think we rarely get pulled over and checked.

I agree with you about the 5 years. It should be corrected by the legislature ASAP.

The pound foolish part will never come to fruition unless you encounter some legal trouble with a carry license that "appears" to be expired. This would be more likely if you were carrying out of state. And perhaps it will never happen to anyone... as a class, I think we rarely get pulled over and checked.

I agree with you about the 5 years. It should be corrected by the legislature ASAP.

Not really worried about that. I’m 52 and have never had the silver bracelets put on me by the police in my life. Odds diminish of it ever happening as I get older. I’m driving to Michigan next week. My AZ CWP isn’t recognized there and MI is a “must inform” state. So if I get pulled over, I have my expired IL CCL, a print out of the law and a screenshot showing I’ve renewed online, in my car. We’ll see. But again, not worried. Even if I’m inconvenienced, I’ll still be legal and get it worked out.

Will try to make this short. Talked to a director at State Police, who said she would pass on the message to the Firearm Service Bureau. She seemed concerned that the CCL was over 90 days. She also told me they have 60 days on the FOID renewal. Four hours later I received a call from the Asst. Director of the firearms service bureau who explained that because I applied for my FOID renewal halfway through the CCL renewal the FOID has to be approved first because they cannot approve CCL without the FOID. So by trying to be efficient and applying for FOID I accidentally screwed myself. They still have 30 more days to put it through. My CCL expires in two weeks. Oh by the way, I applied 12-15-18 so holidays don't count as days. Christmas, New Years, MLK birthday, Lincolns birthday(state holiday), Presidents Day. 5 days that can't be counted.

Finally....applied for renewal on 12/23 ( did prints originally)... went to QC verified sometime in mid Feb, went approved right at the first of March and went active yesterday the 19th. 86 days in total. Originally expired on the 13th, gained 6 days.

I renewed my CCL back 12/30/18, did finger printing back when I originally applied 5 years ago and I don't expire until 3/30/19. when I try to do the inspect element I see nothing that makes sense or is clear to understand. I've had no issues with law prior to getting CCL or ever, can not really understand why it is taking this long for a renewal it didn't take this long when I first applied for my CCL 5 years ago. My FOID doesn't expire until 9/30/19, gotta love this state they can make anything more complicated and involved than it needs to be !!! I work out of state in Indiana during the week, hope I'm all good out there while our fine state takes their sweet a** time !!!! what's strange it it seems there are others who applied for renewal after I did and they seem further down the line / system than me, again our fine state doing what they do best !!!! :frantics:

Filed renewal on 12/24/18, license went active on the 19th. 86 days by my calculation, including government holidays. Not terrible but it took less time when I screwed up my app back in 2014 and had to file an affidavit stating I accidentally answered "yes" to the "have you EVER" (no time limitation) been in court-ordered drug and alcohol rehab (DUI "school") question.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Will try to make this short. Talked to a director at State Police, who said she would pass on the message to the Firearm Service Bureau. She seemed concerned that the CCL was over 90 days. She also told me they have 60 days on the FOID renewal. Four hours later I received a call from the Asst. Director of the firearms service bureau who explained that because I applied for my FOID renewal halfway through the CCL renewal the FOID has to be approved first because they cannot approve CCL without the FOID. So by trying to be efficient and applying for FOID I accidentally screwed myself. They still have 30 more days to put it through. My CCL expires in two weeks. Oh by the way, I applied 12-15-18 so holidays don't count as days. Christmas, New Years, MLK birthday, Lincolns birthday(state holiday), Presidents Day. 5 days that can't be counted.

UPDATE: Just checked before 5 p.m. and my FOID went active. Talked to someone on Tuesday and went active on Friday. CCL still under review.

I just hit 6 weeks and still 'under review'. Inspect element shows submitted with the other two still grayed out.

Comically, I just received my UT renewal information. It will be $25 for me. Thing is I probably can't send it in until I get IL since they ask for a copy of your home state licence. They'd probably balk seeing the expiration date in June.

I'll give them a call or email. I'll bet they're LOTS more helpful and responsive than IL.

I applied 12-6-2018, recieved a letter stating my address does not match D/L, I left of the ST on my address, and my instructors messed up on my traing cert.

my instructor corrected both on the ISP web site on 10 Jan 2019. I am still on under review today, I have prints on file from my original CCL.

just mailed a letter to ISP with copies of every thing today.

Archived