Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

I've read a few different things about what happens if you fail to renew before the expiration, but figured I'd ask here to get a more definitive answer.

My buddy is likely going to let his expire, and what I've heard is that if your license expires, you have to redo the entire 16 hours again, unless you only had to do 8 because you met all of the prerequisite criteria.

Is this accurate? If so, would he also need to resubmit fingerprints, or will he be able to use the original prints he submitted?

Seems weird to make people take the entire 16 hours, and not just 8 hours. But then again, this is Illinois.

I don't know for sure, but figured someone on here will know for sure. I'll pass along the info to my buddy.

I've read a few different things about what happens if you fail to renew before the expiration, but figured I'd ask here to get a more definitive answer.

My buddy is likely going to let his expire, and what I've heard is that if your license expires, you have to redo the entire 16 hours again, unless you only had to do 8 because you met all of the prerequisite criteria.

Is this accurate? If so, would he also need to resubmit fingerprints, or will he be able to use the original prints he submitted?

Seems weird to make people take the entire 16 hours, and not just 8 hours. But then again, this is Illinois.

I don't know for sure, but figured someone on here will know for sure. I'll pass along the info to my buddy.

Take a look at the renewal letter, which is in this post: http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=70552, says you need a new 16 hour certificate if your CCL expires. IMO, I would think submitted prints would be good forever.

Take a look at the renewal letter, which is in this post: http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=70552, says you need a new 16 hour certificate if your CCL expires. IMO, I would think submitted prints would be good forever.

Thanks, I completely forgot about the letter.

Leave it to Illinois to do something as stupid as requiring you to take the entire 16 hours even though you already took 16 hours. I can see requiring 8, but the entire 16 is retarded.

I'm glad I got mine in because I'd have been slitting my wrists having to sit through that entire 16 hours again lol. That was BRUTAL.

Thanks, I completely forgot about the letter.

Leave it to Illinois to do something as stupid as requiring you to take the entire 16 hours even though you already took 16 hours. I can see requiring 8, but the entire 16 is retarded.

I'm glad I got mine in because I'd have been slitting my wrists having to sit through that entire 16 hours again lol. That was BRUTAL.

I think it should simply be a renewal. The state gets their $150 in either case. The only difference is you don't have a CCL while they process, vs you do if you renew before expiration. Just my 2 cents.

@HDUC

Mine went active today applied 12/17 active 12/22 previous exp was 12/28, so it worked out almost perfect. They should be sending FOID out as well. I saw that the numbers for CCL and FOID now match in my dashboard. I bet if I ran my current FOID number it would not be invalid.

Good luck

@JQP

Our paths seem to have paralleled. Applied 12/17/18, active 2/22/19. 67 days from applied to active. And FOID and CCL numbers now match. My CCL originally expires end of March, so I lost a ~month I originally paid for. I think I've sensed / read new cards arriving at the beginning of the month for many. So our cards should be delivered soon! :frantics:

Here are all the milestones of my journey:

12/17/18: Applied for renewal with previous prints -> Submitted > Under Review

02/06/19: QC_Verified > Under Review (51 days in)

02/20/19: Approved > Under Review (65 days in)

02/22/19: Active > Active (67 days in)

:hyper:

Expires 2/28/2019, Thursday

Applied for renewal 12/18, prints on file, instructor

Still "Under Review" as of 2/26

Who says "whining" online doesn't work? Finally went "Active" this afternoon 2/26 and my CC permit number now matches my FOID number. No e-mail or other notification received.

And this is why some of us renewed early, giving up 3 months effectively. The worry you are experiencing was worth the lost months, to me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What's there to worry about? You can still legally carry as long as you apply before expiration. They put that into the law. I'd rather keep my three months.

And this is why some of us renewed early, giving up 3 months effectively. The worry you are experiencing was worth the lost months, to me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What's there to worry about? You can still legally carry as long as you apply before expiration. They put that into the law. I'd rather keep my three months.

Im in the same boat. Mine expires tomorrow, Feb 28. I submitted renewal on Feb 8. I will carry as of March 1 and am not worried in the least. Ill Ill be legal. If I get harassed (no expectation of that happening), I have an unlawful arrest lawsuit.

Mine expires tomorrow (28 Feb). Renewal submitted b18 December 2018, still under review that's over 2 months with no change. It looks like mine is taking too long and don't know why.

Did you do the inspect element trick? Mine read, under review the entire time until it went active. Only the inspect element let me know its progression.

Mine expires tomorrow (28 Feb). Renewal submitted b18 December 2018, still under review that's over 2 months with no change. It looks like mine is taking too long and don't know why.

Did you do the inspect element trick? Mine read, under review the entire time until it went active. Only the inspect element let me know its progression.

I do not know about the trick, help is appreciated.

Because they are understaffed and inefficient? /s

Also remember they have 90/120 days to process just like original app although with no LE objection period one might think that should take 30 days off.

Applied - 12/22/18

Approved - 2/13/19

Active - 2/23/19

I just went active this morning. What are the odds it hits my mailbox by 2/28 when it officially expires? The average I've seen between active and hitting the mailbox is 7-9 days. I'll update when it arrives.

Received license today.

So a total of 67 days from when I applied for renewal until it was in my hands.

Applied - 12/22/18

Approved - 2/13/19

Active - 2/23/19

I just went active this morning. What are the odds it hits my mailbox by 2/28 when it officially expires? The average I've seen between active and hitting the mailbox is 7-9 days. I'll update when it arrives.

Received license today.

So you gave up one day to the state ? HaHa!! Pretty good timing!

Applied - 12/22/18

Approved - 2/13/19

Active - 2/23/19

Received license today.

So you gave up one day to the state ? HaHa!! Pretty good timing!

Only thing that would've been better is if it arrived on Friday, tomorrow would've been funny too lol

Archived