Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

Renewed on 12/18 for a permit that expires on 2/28 and ... still stuck at "Under Review".

Who do we call, e-mail, etc. at ISP to see what the hang up is?

It's going to feel funny going out the door "nekkid" next week.

As long as you've applied for renewal, you can still carry. I'm sure someone else can post the link to that bit of the law since I don't have it handy.

My main concern is I go to Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin fairly regularly, and I'm not overly confident in carrying outside of the state on a license that is expired. You'd more than likely get arrested and they'll figure it out later at the station after they've towed your vehicle.

Renewed on 12/18 for a permit that expires on 2/28 and ... still stuck at "Under Review".

As long as you've applied for renewal, you can still carry. I'm sure someone else can post the link to that bit of the law since I don't have it handy.

My main concern is I go to Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin fairly regularly, and I'm not overly confident in carrying outside of the state on a license that is expired. You'd more than likely get arrested and they'll figure it out later at the station after they've towed your vehicle.

If a paticipating Nlets organization, out of state agencies can check your CCL status; however I dont know what the ISP would report in this case, presumeably active, but I also do not know how it is displayed through Nlets.

If a paticipating Nlets organization, out of state agencies can check your CCL status; however I dont know what the ISP would report in this case, presumeably active, but I also do not know how it is displayed through Nlets.

It will be interesting to see what one's ISPFSB portal displays for the status of an expired (date) CCL with renewal applied for pending. Looks like there will be some here to report. And secondly to know what LEADS or NLETS shows for status of same CCL.

Not a big conspiracy guy, but things seem to have slowed down a bit, after Jelly Belly got sworn in. Maybe they assigned the troopers who were doing permits to round up the food trucks for him?

I'm also concerned that my teaching credentials stay active. They have no expiration date listed now.

Not a big conspiracy guy, but things seem to have slowed down a bit, after Jelly Belly got sworn in. Maybe they assigned the troopers who were doing permits to round up the food trucks for him?

I'm also concerned that my teaching credentials stay active. They have no expiration date listed now.

There was a huge rush of initial applicants 5 years ago. Now there's a huge rush of renewals, minus the small percentage who renewed early.

I don't mind trading a few lost months off of my initial CCL for my renewed one, which was in my hand in just over 3 weeks.

There was a huge rush of initial applicants 5 years ago. Now there's a huge rush of renewals, minus the small percentage who renewed early.

I don't mind trading a few lost months off of my initial CCL for my renewed one, which was in my hand in just over 3 weeks.

What he said^^^^^^^!!!!

I plan to get my whole 5 years of my CCL (plus a month or two on the state). My CCL expires 2/28/19. I plan to renew on 2/20/19. I will try to find out how the CCL appears on LEADS and NLETS.

I also plan to carry a copy of the CCL confirmation screen and a copy of the statute during the interim.

Submitted today as planned.

I plan to get my whole 5 years of my CCL (plus a month or two on the state). My CCL expires 2/28/19. I plan to renew on 2/20/19. I will try to find out how the CCL appears on LEADS and NLETS.

I also plan to carry a copy of the CCL confirmation screen and a copy of the statute during the interim.

I appreciate your research!

Finally some progress ... thought I'd be rubber stamped through...

Original Expires: 03/29/19

12/17/18: Applied for renewal w/ previous prints (Submitted > Under Review)

02/06/19: QC_ Verified > Under Review

Update:

02/20/19: Approved > Under Review (65 days so far, since applying for renewal.)

Exact same timeline for me. 12/17, but mine reads submitted and inspect now reads, "Approved"

AWESOME. I also expire on Feb 28. I submitted on Feb 8. Stick it to the man!

I have my receipt, the CCL confirmation page and statute printed out already and will start carrying those on March 1 until the state can get their crap together.

Finally some progress ... thought I'd be rubber stamped through...

Original Expires: 03/29/19

12/17/18: Applied for renewal w/ previous prints (Submitted > Under Review)

02/06/19: QC_ Verified > Under Review

Update:

02/20/19: Approved > Under Review (65 days so far, since applying for renewal.)

Exact same timeline for me. 12/17, but mine reads submitted and inspect now reads, "Approved"

I have the added situation that my FOID wasn't replaced as they did for later CCL applicants to match up numbers. I am expecting a new FOID card, with the number to match my CCL, (same FOID expiration date). I am guessing that will be in a different processing pile compared to those that their FOID is up to date.

Bummer. Did not print my confirmation screen. Re-app w/prints 14Jan2019, still at Submitted today. Sense of impending doom initiated.

Bummer. Did not print my confirmation screen. Re-app w/prints 14Jan2019, still at Submitted today. Sense of impending doom initiated.

Go back in. It’s all still there

I'm wondering if we can be proactive in calling our respective local police departments and asking them if they are up to date on their understanding of the situation and law...

If anyone gets to wear the silver bracelets for carrying with an expired CCL, after they filed for renewal, they would hopefully win a nice unlawful arrest lawsuit.

Expires: 3/14/19

Submitted renewal: 12/27/18

As of 2/22/19 still at "Under Review, QC verified"

58 days and counting

@HDUC

Mine went active today applied 12/17 active 12/22 previous exp was 12/28, so it worked out almost perfect. They should be sending FOID out as well. I saw that the numbers for CCL and FOID now match in my dashboard. I bet if I ran my current FOID number it would not be invalid.

Good luck

@JQP

Our paths seem to have paralleled. Applied 12/17/18, active 2/22/19. 67 days from applied to active. And FOID and CCL numbers now match. My CCL originally expires end of March, so I lost a ~month I originally paid for. I think I've sensed / read new cards arriving at the beginning of the month for many. So our cards should be delivered soon! :frantics:

Here are all the milestones of my journey:

12/17/18: Applied for renewal with previous prints -> Submitted > Under Review

02/06/19: QC_Verified > Under Review (51 days in)

02/20/19: Approved > Under Review (65 days in)

02/22/19: Active > Active (67 days in)

I thought of that but then my foid would be expiring in that same window ...

Archived