Renewal people, log your processing times here

HeavyDuty

Lee,

This has to be the quickest renewal I've seen posted! Did your FOID and CCL numbers match ahead of your renewal? I submitted 12/17/18 and status still showing under review...

I submitted 12/7/18 payment processed 12/8.... Still showing Under Review (Submitted under Inspect Element)

My FOID & CCL numbers didn't match. I'm hoping that's what is slowing mine down compared to other posters here.

Respectfully,

FOID renewal went active 12/31, FCCL renewal still âsubmittedâ. Submission was 10/30/18.

Wow yours seems to be taking longer than everyone else. Are you in Cook?

Kane

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw InterestedBystander's post and he had a good point. If there is no LEO objection period then county shouldn't have anything to do with it. Here's a question...when you first applied, did you go under board review? Or just regular processing? I am wondering if the folks who were under board review for whatever reason may take a little longer to renew. Just a thought. I'm sure it's pointless to try to figure out any rhyme or reason with this state.

Lee,

This has to be the quickest renewal I've seen posted! Did your FOID and CCL numbers match ahead of your renewal? I submitted 12/17/18 and status still showing under review...

I submitted 12/7/18 payment processed 12/8.... Still showing Under Review (Submitted under Inspect Element)

My FOID & CCL numbers didn't match. I'm hoping that's what is slowing mine down compared to other posters here.

Respectfully,

Automatic,

I submitted 12/17/18, payment processed same day. Today's status is Under Review (Submitted). My FOID & CCL numbers don't match and FOID expires 11/2019. So I've heard/read that a new FOID card, with matching numbers, will be generated and mailed about the same time as the CCL card. I live in McHenry Co. My initial CCL app went through without a hitch. So I'd think I would be one to glide right through the renewal process.?. Can only speculate to the reasons for the wide range of processing times for renewals .??.

I'm getting the feeling that there's batch processing going on causing the spurts of active renewals with varying waits.

And that makes sense since they seem to do batching for regular applications. What would be interesting to know is if they run batches based on a time frame or on a quantity of applications submitted or other.

FOID renewal went active 12/31, FCCL renewal still âsubmittedâ. Submission was 10/30/18.

Wow yours seems to be taking longer than everyone else. Are you in Cook?

Kane

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw InterestedBystander's post and he had a good point. If there is no LEO objection period then county shouldn't have anything to do with it. Here's a question...when you first applied, did you go under board review? Or just regular processing? I am wondering if the folks who were under board review for whatever reason may take a little longer to renew. Just a thought. I'm sure it's pointless to try to figure out any rhyme or reason with this state.

Nope, I was in the very first batch of licenses that went out back in 2014.

Renewal submitted for FCCL end of October and FOID three weeks later. FOID status changed as “QC verified as of Sunday the 23rd. FCCL still showing “submitted”.

My timeline similar.

CCL expires 2/27/2019 renewal payment processed 11/02/2018 still shows Under Review

FOID expires 02/02/2019 renewal payment processed 12/01/2018 Active 12/31/2018

Because of the 120 day window for CCL and 90 day window for FOID I applied for FOID renewal almost exactly one month after applying for CCL renewal. Seems as if they combined the two into one renewal as both were listed with the same Application Number. In any case seems will work out in my favor as I will not loose over two months on new CCL as others have.

I'm getting the feeling that there's batch processing going on causing the spurts of active renewals with varying waits.

And that makes sense since they seem to do batching for regular applications. What would be interesting to know is if they run batches based on a time frame or on a quantity of applications submitted or other.

^^

IIRC, it was one charge.

It was (1) charge which showed the next morning (I renewed in the evening).

Respectfully,

Thanks guys.. Not to trash this thread but when I renewed my FOID (a few months ago), there were two separate charges which screws up my financial software if the charges are not entered correctly in the software and then transactions are downloaded that do not match.

IIRC, it was one charge.

It was (1) charge which showed the next morning (I renewed in the evening).

Respectfully,

Thanks guys.. Not to trash this thread but when I renewed my FOID (a few months ago), there were two separate charges which screws up my financial software if the charges are not entered correctly in the software and then transactions are downloaded that do not match.

I renewed my CCL 12/17/18 and a single charge for $153.38 was posted to my CC same day.

Submitted my CC renewal 12/18, current permit expires 2-28-2019.

Still "Under Review" as of 1-7-2019.

But I'm one of those "real early guys" where my CC number does not match my FOID card number, so they might be trying to get us all on sync.

Submitted my CC renewal 12/18, current permit expires 2-28-2019.

Still "Under Review" as of 1-7-2019.

But I'm one of those "real early guys" where my CC number does not match my FOID card number, so they might be trying to get us all on sync.

I'm one of those "early guys", I got my renewal CCL one day and the next day I got my FOID with the number synced to my CCL.

I took renewal class 12/1 and renewed online the same day. I just checked and my renewal was approved 12/31. 30 days exactly! I still haven't gotten it.

Mine and my wife’s went active on the 31st as well. We renewed 4 days apart. Methinks they had a lot lot lot of cards to mail out that day. Still haven’t received ours yet either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not a renewal, but I can't really find a thread for it, so I'll just toss it in here. Haha.

Applied for FOID *first time, military new to the state of Illinois* Dec 6

Found out about the F12 trick and checked. QC_Verified Dec 18

Checked again via F12. Approved Jan 4th.

Still waiting to go Active, and get my card, but the lovely representative at the ISPFSB told me they do cards in batches, and it would possibly be between 15 to 20 days for my card to be made. It is in line though. So, I'll take that win. :frantics:

I got a letter that my CCL renewal was 'Denied' for 'Insufficient Number of Training Hours'.

Except... I'm a State Certified Trainer...

I suspect this is an ISP database issue - since my initial license was regular (I was not a trainer originally) - but I'm renewing as a trainer...

Cannot get hold of anyone via the customer service number... :(

Not a renewal, but I can't really find a thread for it, so I'll just toss it in here. Haha.

Applied for FOID *first time, military new to the state of Illinois* Dec 6

Found out about the F12 trick and checked. QC_Verified Dec 18

Checked again via F12. Approved Jan 4th.

Still waiting to go Active, and get my card, but the lovely representative at the ISPFSB told me they do cards in batches, and it would possibly be between 15 to 20 days for my card to be made. It is in line though. So, I'll take that win. :frantics:

Update: Just went active today. Jan 11 :D

Archived