Illinois State Police procedure to be followed once you take your 3 hour renewal course

HankG

The only information I've received after finishing my 3 hour refresher course is that we will be able to reapply for our CC Permit beginning 90 days before our permit expires. Here are my questions.

1. How will we be notified where to go to submit our certificate, picture, and payment...by mail, over the dashboard site.....?

2. Are there changes in the dashboard site in the making or is there a NEW site under construction?

Thanks for your time,

Hank

On the ISP portal (https://ispfsb.com/) login under your conceal carry license area. Should show your FOID and CCL. Under the CCL portion, there will be a "renew" button 90 days prior to your expiration. Simply follow the instructions, have your CCL Class certificate and recent photo on your computer to upload when the system asks you to.

It's a easy operation, took about 5 minutes.

Did you have to submit a new picture?

Yes.

Yes to submitting a new picture and that took the longest amount of time in the whole process. I took picture after picture and then I gave up as I couldn't get one that made me look like I wanted to look. Oh well. Actually I did pick one and submitted it on October 31.

After a few renewal classes I have heard a LOT of "fake news" about the renewal process. A few things learned so far that might answer some questions asked in class:

1) There is a $150 Renewal Fee paid to the Illinois State Police plus a $3.38 service fee.

2) The ISP has 120 days to issue a renewed license from the date of submitted application without fingerprints or 90 days with fingerprints.

3) Fingerprints do not expire. Fingerprints from the original application are also used for the renewal application.

4) Renewal applications are accepted online 120 days prior to expiration.

5) Concealed Carry License renewal classes can be taken any time prior to submitting renewal application.

6) Renewal applicants must submit a renewal Certificate and a recent picture.

7) There is no requirement by the ISP to draw from a holster.

After a few renewal classes I have heard a LOT of "fake news" about the renewal process. A few things learned so far that might answer some questions asked in class:

1) There is a $150 Renewal Fee paid to the Illinois State Police plus a $3.38 service fee.

2) The ISP has 120 days to issue a renewed license from the date of submitted application without fingerprints or 90 days with fingerprints.

3) Fingerprints do not expire. Fingerprints from the original application are also used for the renewal application.

5) Concealed Carry License renewal classes can be taken any time prior to submitting renewal application.

Thanks, good info.

Awesome. Good to finally get some concrete points. Can you verify if our current licenses remain active until we receive the new ones? Even if they expire while waiting?

Any experience with folks unable to log in?

I have tried to log in and get: Unable to login at this time. Please check your credentials and retry.

I tried the password reset and get: We're sorry, the information entered is not valid.

I tried creating a new account and get: ico-remove.pngThis email address is already registered

I tried calling the phone number for ISP firearms division multiple, multiple times and always get: "Call back another time. Good by."

I tried emailing over a week ago and have received no reply.

I am open to suggestions ...

I have tried to log in and get: Unable to login at this time. Please check your credentials and retry.

I tried the password reset and get: We're sorry, the information entered is not valid.

I tried creating a new account and get: ico-remove.pngThis email address is already registered

I tried calling the phone number for ISP firearms division multiple, multiple times and always get: "Call back another time. Good by."

Register with a different email address. When you enter your info the software automatically populates the form complete with your original email address. I have done this a couple of times.

Nope.

It's 90 days

There is even a warning notice not to apply for renewal more than 90 days

Nope.

It's 90 days

Nope! Renewals can begin when the re-new button is active per the ISP. 120 Days. A lot of us have already applied at 120 days and we are under review.

Nope.

It's 90 days

Nope! Renewals can begin when the re-new button is active per the ISP. 120 Days. A lot of us have already applied at 120 days and we are under review.

What do you mean, you are 'under review' ?

Nope.

It's 90 days

Yup under review for renewal. Current CCL and FOID active.

Once you apply For your renewal your renewal is under review. You didn't think Illinois would just go ahead and give it to you the next day after you apply. They have the same requirement as before 90 days with 120 days without. I am on day 14 and counting. Lol

Once you apply For your renewal your renewal is under review. You didn't think Illinois would just go ahead and give it to you the next day after you apply. They have the same requirement as before 90 days with 120 days without. I am on day 14 and counting. Lol

It sounded like the BAD kind of 'under review' - where your application goes to the review board as if it's been objected to by the local law enforcement agency for spitting on the sidewalk when you were a teenager. That's what I was concerned about your post.

It sounded like the BAD kind of 'under review' - where your application goes to the review board as if it's been objected to by the local law enforcement agency for spitting on the sidewalk when you were a teenager. That's what I was concerned about your post.

Yes under review not under board review.

Nope.

It's 90 days

Yup under review for renewal. Current CCL and FOID active.

Then how do you explain that several of us here with CCL expiration dates of 2/28 were able to apply at the end of October, i.e. 120 day?

As mentioned in other threads, that 90 day warning that pops up is supposed to refer to FOID renewal, even that it appears on both CCL and FOID opening pages.

You can cancel that notice and sign in to your account and begin the CCL renewal process, if you are within the 120 mark.

This was post by Molly B quoting an email she received from ISP:

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:50 AM

"If it is available they can apply. The note was for FOID renewals. We

have not updated it yet for CCL. We have not sent out anything publicly re CCL as we wanted to be sure everything was working. Appriss still has a few more releases. Yes, they can put in their renewal. Folks do need to keep in mind, their card expiration date will be 5 years from the effective/issued date of the new card - not a continuance from the first card".

It is post #62.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=70288&page=3

Quiet observer read post 19 and 16 above.

I am addressing you saying the lead period is 90 days. Total the days from Oct. 31 to Feb 28.

Nov. = 30

Dec. = 31

Jan. = 31

Feb. = 28

That is 120.

Yes I always said it was 120 days. My post that says 90 and 120 is relating to prints or no prints for under review. I was responding to the poster Commenting on under review.

Register with a different email address. When you enter your info the software automatically populates the form complete with your original email address. I have done this a couple of times.

Thank you so much! You have no idea how long and hard I have been beating my head against the proverbial brick wall trying to get logged in. THIS WORKED. Whooo Hoo.

Thanks for the info guys. I was going to wait until my 90 days b4 I took the class and submitted my CCL renewal. Knowing I can do it now, I'm going to get right on it...

• 1 month later...

I have tried to log in and get: Unable to login at this time. Please check your credentials and retry. [/size]

I tried the password reset and get: We're sorry, the information entered is not valid.[/size]

I tried creating a new account and get: ico-remove.pngThis email address is already registered[/size]

When you registered a new account with a different email, did you use a different “user ID”?

I have not logged in since 2014 and am running into the same situation.

Im trying to register a new account with a different email. When I started the new registration I typed in my old user ID and a warning appeared stating “that ID is already registered”. So I wrote in a different User ID.

Currently I am stuck at step 2 of the new registration. I filled out the information and hit the next button, now I get the “we are validating your information.... pop up with red text at the bottom stating “we are sorry, but the allotted time to complete has elapsed.”

My ccl expires 2-28-19. Renewal class is scheduled for end of January.

I’m trying to get my log in straightened out so I can submit as soon as the class is taken.

Archived