What is a concealed handgun?

Dx54r

I don't live in Beirut.

I'm not saying any of this should be illegal. I even thing the NFA should be repealed. I just think this stuff is impractical. I'm still pretty sure I can deploy a Glock 19 and get shots on target faster than anyone with a MAC11 full auto.

You realize you can take this same argument and apply it to "Why would anyone need a gun?" right? I mean, we don't live in Beirut.

I don't live in Beirut.

I'm not saying any of this should be illegal. I even thing the NFA should be repealed. I just think this stuff is impractical. I'm still pretty sure I can deploy a Glock 19 and get shots on target faster than anyone with a MAC11 full auto.

You realize you can take this same argument and apply it to "Why would anyone need a gun?" right? I mean, we don't live in Beirut.

Did you bother reading the rest of what I said? In this thread, I said things like, I don't think it should be illegal and I think the NFA should be repealed and that if I really felt the need for rifle firepower, I'd just carry a full AR-15 openly.

I don't live in Beirut.

It's really a keyboard commando argument not a gun rights argument, as Soylent said. We're playing our fantasy mall ninja scenarios out and coming to different conclusions.

In Chicago armed carjackers usually come in gangs of 2-4. There's been at least one incident of an armed conceal carrier losing the carjacking battle.

But yeah, there's no right answer because we're a long way away from getting nfa rolled back. So I'd agree, for what we have now the Glock 19 MOS (slide w/optics mount) and a happy stick is as close to a legal PDW as you can carry.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't live in Beirut.

It's really a keyboard commando argument not a gun rights argument, as Soylent said. We're playing our fantasy mall ninja scenarios out and coming to different conclusions.

In Chicago armed carjackers usually come in gangs of 2-4. There's been at least one incident of an armed conceal carrier losing the carjacking battle.

But yeah, there's no right answer because we're a long way away from getting nfa rolled back. So I'd agree, for what we have now the Glock 19 MOS (slide w/optics mount) and a happy stick is as close to a legal PDW as you can carry.

If I was faced with a gun battle with 4 car jackers and no cover, I think I'm not going to win that one even if I have a full auto M4. There's only so much you can do. An armored vehicle would be a better option.

Archived