Renewed my Foid

I'm posting this because I have seen other posts in regard to wait times, mailing times etc. for FOID.

My FOID expires on 7/1/18. I got an e-mail from the ISP letting me know my FOID was going to expire.

I applied / renewed on 4/17/18 and the new FOID showed up in the mail yesterday (05/12/18) with an issue date of 05/09/2018.

The FOID# on the new card is same as the old card except for "14" was placed before the FOID number. Now it matches the number on my CCL.

That's good news.

I'm wondering how I go about renewing my FOID. It expires in March next year but my CCL doesn't expire until Feb 2020. Are they going to issue me a 1 year FOID so that I will have to renew both in 2020 or -- ? Has anybody gone through this scenario ?

Edited by Nod

That's good news.

I'm wondering how I go about renewing my FOID. It expires in March next year but my CCL doesn't expire until Feb 2020. Are they going to issue me a 1 year FOID so that I will have to renew both in 2020 or -- ? Has anybody gone through this scenario ?

No one has gone through that scenario, because no one's CCL has expired yet. When you renew your FOID it will be good for the regular time; I think 10 years. You renew your CCL in 2020. There is nothing in the law that says that they have to have the same expiration date. They are covered by 2 different laws.

I'm posting this because I have seen other posts in regard to wait times, mailing times etc. for FOID.

My FOID expires on 7/1/18. I got an e-mail from the ISP letting me know my FOID was going to expire.

I applied / renewed on 4/17/18 and the new FOID showed up in the mail yesterday (05/12/18) with an issue date of 05/09/2018.

The FOID# on the new card is same as the old card except for "14" was placed before the FOID number. Now it matches the number on my CCL.

Same for me I applied when I got the email that said my FOID expires on 7/1 and got mine yesterday with an issue date of 5/9