Sanctuary gun counties in Illinois

Ranger

On 12/6/2022 at 5:46 PM, Tvandermyde said:

while that is noble, I would suggest we start reminding all of these county Boards about what they voted on and then start asking the Sheriffs and State's attorneys if they are going to enforce things like the mag ban and such. 

neutering the effects and implementation of it will drive the left bonkers when sheriffs and SA say not going to enforce it, course with no cash bail what are they going to do?

Agreed. When the futility of state level action is upon us due to a leftist supermajority, county by county *nullification* is key.  If a statute is not enforced by L.E., not prosecuted by states attorneys, or - as a last result - acquitted by a jury, then it is effectively nullified. Additionally, the Governor, ILGA, and judges have mostly exempted themselves from civil suits...however, individual police officers up to and including the heads of departments are *NOT*.  It is time to put that tool to use in the event arrests are made for laws that violate the "text, history, and tradition" of the 2a in our post-Bruen world.

"An unjust law is itself a species of violence, and arrest for its breach is more-so."

~Ghandi~

McHenry County had a grassroots swarm of the county board meeting last night. Wasn’t on the agenda (2A stuff) but a few board members and the chairman allowed us to talk and I believe in January we will be a 2A sanctuary with specifics to HB5855. There are 18 board members, 2 will be a “no” for sure. One works with the anti-gunners and was involved in this. The other was just a typical woke person who “wants to do something”......

• 2 weeks later...

antis trying to recruit for McHenry County 

F1B62101-DD50-440D-B080-FBDCCAFDE3C1.thumb.jpeg.2c02591c4c638e5891c474fc01b90764.jpeg

McHenry County will be debating whether to become a Gun Santuary County this Tuesday,

Jan 3 at 8:30.

McHenry County will be debating whether to become a Gun Santuary County this Tuesday,

Jan 3 at 8:30.

hearing will be on Tuesday, January 3rd at 8:30am, McHenry County Administration Building, 2nd floor Conference Room (not sure which one), 667 Ware Road, Woodstock, IL.

We need to say NO

To all Gun Violence Presvention Activisits: NWSOFA -Indivsible has issued an alarm regarding a renewed effort to make McHenry County a Gun Sanctuary County (GSC).

What has happened:  At the McHenry County Board's first official County Board meeting with the new board members, a large group of county residents signed up and spoke at public comment concerning the Illinois legislature bill HB5855, the Protect Illinois Communities Act. Pam Althoff is the new Law & Govt Chair and Mike Shorten is the Vice-Chair. It seems they are both willing to have this topic on the next Law & Govt agenda. This happened two years ago and due to public comment and board member's opinions, right minded county board members were able to keep it off the Law & Govt committee agenda, but this is a different board with different leadership.

The Ask: "We need people to speak at the Law & Govt meeting in January to state that the majority of the residents DO NOT WANT McHenry County to become a gun sanctuary county. Someone stated that 68 of the Illinois Counties are now gun sanctuary counties. We do not want Mchenry County to be the 69th!! 

The best way to combat the public comment from those who want the gun sanctuary county is facts, statistics and personal stories." - Wee have speakers lined up at this time. 

Fill the room with ours and other GVP groups.... be a presence.

Looks like McHenry County will be putting it on the agenda for the 1/31 committee meeting.  Received an email back from one of the committee members.  He is the first one that responded back.  Will see if any of the other committee members answer back.

"Thank you for communicating your position on the issues of a County Gun Sanctuary and HB 5855.  The Law and Government Committee of the County Board agreed today to place the items on the agenda for discussion at the January 31st committee meeting.  I will certainly take your position on these items into consideration as we forward the discussion.

Thank you, again, for taking time to share your thoughts.

Regards,

Brian Sager, PhD

McHenry County Board Member

District 7"

On 1/3/2023 at 8:09 PM, GSDlady said:

Looks like McHenry County will be putting it on the agenda for the 1/31 committee meeting.  Received an email back from one of the committee members.  He is the first one that responded back.  Will see if any of the other committee members answer back.

"Thank you for communicating your position on the issues of a County Gun Sanctuary and HB 5855.  The Law and Government Committee of the County Board agreed today to place the items on the agenda for discussion at the January 31st committee meeting.  I will certainly take your position on these items into consideration as we forward the discussion.

Thank you, again, for taking time to share your thoughts.

Regards,

Brian Sager, PhD

McHenry County Board Member

District 7"

Good stuff !!!

One of my District 5 board members, Kelli Wegener, is also on the Law & Government/Liquor Committee.  She's a D, though, so I'm torn between contacting her with that info to ask for her support or to keep silent in the hope that she's not paying attention to the agenda.

From her FB page, dated 12/14/22:

Ten years ago, 20 first graders and six educators were shot and killed by a young man with an AR-15 style rifle. Twenty children didn’t get to grow up and follow their dreams. 26 families still mourn their loss.

Since that day, 2,000 children have lost their lives to gun violence. We must continue to fight for gun safety laws that protect our children. Gun violence is preventable.

On 1/4/2023 at 8:32 AM, EdDinIL said:

One of my District 5 board members, Kelli Wegener, is also on the Law & Government/Liquor Committee.  She's a D, though, so I'm torn between contacting her with that info to ask for her support or to keep silent in the hope that she's not paying attention to the agenda.

From her FB page, dated 12/14/22:

Why do you think that she is not aware of the agenda? She is part of the Law & Government committee that added the item to the agenda. Her lefty colleagues will certainly let her know about it, if she missed the committee meeting. She will hear the proposal at the board meeting. 

You may be wasting your time by contacting her. She appears to be a lefty crusader. Her bio on the McHenry site notes that she organized the Women's March in Chicago.

On 1/4/2023 at 8:32 AM, EdDinIL said:

She is a lost cause.

However, you can still contact her to let your views known.  I sent emails to all of the committee members.  I knew previously she is against the 2nd Amendment.  Lets them know that there are people that disagree with their views.  Whether they care or not is a different story.

On the plus side I heard from another committee member:

"Thank you very much for your defense of our second amendment rights! Please know that I am with you on this and doing all I can from my end at the county level.
Thanks again

Matt Kunkle"

@EdDinIL GSlady is correct. She was involved in this mess ;)  (below). She was also one of two board members at the 12/20 meeting to lecture us all 

https://mchenrytimes.com/stories/512291496-in-possible-ethics-breach-mchenry-county-dems-conspired-with-teachers-to-recruit-students-for-anti-gun-rally

McHenry County Democratic officials, who organized last year’s March For Our Lives anti-gun rally in Woodstock, conspired with high school teachers to recruit students for the rally, emails obtained by the McHenry Times show.

In so doing, they may have violated the state ethics act, which places restrictions on political activity by school district employees. The rally, held March 24 on Woodstock Square, moreover, turned out to be little more than a fund-raising scheme for the party, records show.

In one instance, Cathy Johnson and Ruth Scifo, both members of the executive board of the county Democratic party, sent an email to Woodstock High School English teacher Heather Brown on March 12 of last year explaining that they were organizing the march and rally in Woodstock. They attached a March For Our Lives flyer, and asked that it be distributed to the students and staff. They further said they had “feelers” out to several other area high schools.

In another instance, Kelli Wegener, a Democratic member of the McHenry County Board, sent an email dated March 3 to Huntley Community School District 158 officials, saying that they did not want to involve the districts in what she characterized as a “grass roots” movement, but “we are looking to involve students in the planning. We would like to see a large teacher presence there also.” 

The email message does not identify Huntley as the recipient; it appeared in response to a FOIA request of emails to the district.

4261B64F-EB5E-467A-B62C-2B026FAD2F8C.thumb.jpeg.a9443dbc619e33de328b67a5fca8145d.jpeg

On 1/4/2023 at 9:48 AM, steveTA84 said:

@EdDinIL GSlady is correct. She was involved in this mess ;)  (below). She was also one of two board members at the 12/20 meeting to lecture us all 

https://mchenrytimes.com/stories/512291496-in-possible-ethics-breach-mchenry-county-dems-conspired-with-teachers-to-recruit-students-for-anti-gun-rally

McHenry County Democratic officials, who organized last year’s March For Our Lives anti-gun rally in Woodstock, conspired with high school teachers to recruit students for the rally, emails obtained by the McHenry Times show.

In so doing, they may have violated the state ethics act, which places restrictions on political activity by school district employees. The rally, held March 24 on Woodstock Square, moreover, turned out to be little more than a fund-raising scheme for the party, records show.

In one instance, Cathy Johnson and Ruth Scifo, both members of the executive board of the county Democratic party, sent an email to Woodstock High School English teacher Heather Brown on March 12 of last year explaining that they were organizing the march and rally in Woodstock. They attached a March For Our Lives flyer, and asked that it be distributed to the students and staff. They further said they had “feelers” out to several other area high schools.

In another instance, Kelli Wegener, a Democratic member of the McHenry County Board, sent an email dated March 3 to Huntley Community School District 158 officials, saying that they did not want to involve the districts in what she characterized as a “grass roots” movement, but “we are looking to involve students in the planning. We would like to see a large teacher presence there also.” 

The email message does not identify Huntley as the recipient; it appeared in response to a FOIA request of emails to the district.

4261B64F-EB5E-467A-B62C-2B026FAD2F8C.thumb.jpeg.a9443dbc619e33de328b67a5fca8145d.jpeg

"You are receiving this message because you are either a high schooler...."

What is she doing emailing minors, and (one wonders) who supplied her with these minors' email addresses? Are these kids that signed up for notices such as this? Perhaps so, but I'd be curious to know.

On 1/4/2023 at 10:11 AM, springfield shooter said:

"You are receiving this message because you are either a high schooler...."

What is she doing emailing minors, and (one wonders) who supplied her with these minors' email addresses? Are these kids that signed up for notices such as this? Perhaps so, but I'd be curious to know.

No, they (McHenry County Democratic Party) did a mass email campaign to recruit minors by using high schools and teachers sympathetic to their cause. In this email (article subject and obtained by another ILCarry member), it shows the Democrats trying to get a teacher to distribute propaganda to students and staff for recruitment during school hours 

A83FE882-6F74-415B-B10D-20973EF5FFEF.jpeg.f54ef6fedb29af2cf08bc60853b1a6cb.jpeg

On 1/4/2023 at 10:25 AM, steveTA84 said:

No, they (McHenry County Democratic Party) did a mass email campaign to recruit minors by using high schools and teachers sympathetic to their cause. In this email (article subject and obtained by another ILCarry member), it shows the Democrats trying to get a teacher to distribute propaganda to students and staff for recruitment during school hours 

A83FE882-6F74-415B-B10D-20973EF5FFEF.jpeg.f54ef6fedb29af2cf08bc60853b1a6cb.jpeg

Darn good work by you guys/gals to expose their slimy ways.

On 1/4/2023 at 9:20 PM, birdman1967 said:

Anyone know the stance of district 6 in McHenry County? It's Althoff and Kamienski. 

I get the impression that Kamienski is pro from his comments at the last board meeting.  You can decide for yourself.  He starts at about 6:40:  https://pub-countyofmchenry.escribemeetings.com/Players/ISIStandAlonePlayer.aspx?Id=0f62dff1-f92a-44e2-a18c-61897c40c016

On 1/8/2023 at 12:59 AM, jkdkaliman101 said:

Will county still red.  Anyone know if the county board ever even discussed or voted on this?

It use to lean more red but a lot of people are moving away and I imagine most are red leaning and you also have people from chicago getting into the local politics so I would say its leaning more blue than red. The mayor is still a republican but who knows what will happen.

On 1/9/2023 at 8:28 PM, Blitz 5 said:

I think It is on the agenda for McHenry and the Law & Government committee will be discussing it at the end of the month, the next board meeting is January 17th at 7:00 pm. 

Thank you. I'm not very in tune with politics, but want my voice to be heard. Any information is appreciated. 

On 1/9/2023 at 7:56 PM, birdman1967 said:

Does anyone know if there is any movement for mchenry county? When are they meeting again, I'd like to attend. 

Supposedly it will be on the agenda but one has not been posted yet.

Law and Government-Liquor - Public Meeting

Tuesday, January 31, 2023 @ 8:30 AM
County Board Conference Room

Archived