Sanctuary gun counties in Illinois

Ranger

Is it possible to add a note adjacent to the map explaining what the stars represent?

Will this work?

attachment=23313:Map_of_Illinois_Gun_Sanctuary_ Counties.2019.04.09.png]

So, from that map, it looks like 3 counties failed/refused to pass a resolution, 38 counties haven't done anything yet, and 61 counties have passed Second Amendment sanctuary resolutions. That's just 1 county shy of a supermajority of counties (59.8 percent with the numbers as they stand).

But, alas, Cook County, with 40.77 percent of the state's population, continues to dictate how the state is run and its political dominance.

So, from that map, it looks like 3 counties failed/refused to pass a resolution, 38 counties haven't done anything yet, and 61 counties have passed Second Amendment sanctuary resolutions. That's just 1 county shy of a supermajority of counties (59.8 percent with the numbers as they stand).

But, alas, Cook County, with 40.77 percent of the state's population, continues to dictate how the state is run and its political dominance.

Those that we know.

Cook, well is Cook. Jo Daviess I believe vote failed. De Kalb is 50/50 split and the board president refused to take up knowing vote would be split.

Other counties may have taken up and passed resolutions, or failed in vote or refused to take up, we just do not know they have.

Need more local involvement and feedback here to know. Would be nice to have resolution pushed in all counties and documented.

Those that we know.

Cook, well is Cook. Jo Daviess I believe vote failed. De Kalb is 50/50 split and the board president refused to take up knowing vote would be split.

Other counties may have taken up and passed resolutions, or failed in vote or refused to take up, we just do not know they have.

Need more local involvement and feedback here to know. Would be nice to have resolution pushed in all counties and documented.

Will County discussed the resolution in their Judiciary committee. It was debated back and forth. The meeting room was packed and there were more people for the resolution with only 4 or 5 moms against it. I think most of the room spoke to the board. I was there and spoke in favor of the resolution. In the end the board members voted the resolution down keeping it from going to the full board.

The board member that presented the resolution originally was there and spoke and I believe his fight is not over as he wasn't real happy with the resolution being voted down by that committee.

KING

I just received word from a subscriber that Plainfield Township in Will County passed their own "2nd Amendment/Lawful Gun owner Sanctuary Township Resolution" last night. We're awaiting a copy of the resolution.

It was on the agenda. Minutes do not seem to be up yet. Wording of resolution is on page 13 of the board packet (the way they created it, cant search, copy or paste from document)

http://plainfield-township.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/April-19-Agenda.pdf

http://plainfield-township.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/april-19-bd-pkt-web.pdf

That's the best I can do. It's from a local's FB page. I am unable to find a link from our county board.

Mark Butler

Thanks! The signed resolution is good. Not that I didnt believe you but sometimes a sub committee passing or word of mouth gets confused as to what passed so I like to find or ask for a link. Welcome to the board!

That's the best I can do. It's from a local's FB page. I am unable to find a link from our county board.

Mark Butler

Thanks! The signed resolution is good. Not that I didnt believe you but sometimes a sub committee passing or word of mouth gets confused as to what passed so I like to find or ask for a link. Welcome to the board!

You're welcome. I completely understand.

The latest ISRA newsletter that came out yesterday claims that Carroll County passed a resolution or something, but I spoke personally with board member Paul Hartman this morning who claims that it wasn't voted on. Maybe ISRA is confusing Carroll County for Henderson County?

I'll have an update out shortly with Henderson and Plainfield resolutions on GRW.

Just in from Wabash County. Does this color them green?

attachicon.gifWabash Co. Resolution page 1.jpg

attachicon.gifWabash Co. Resolution page 2.jpg

It does on our map.

Also, separate news items:

* We just discovered that Piatt County passed a gun rights resolution in 2012. I'm searching their meeting minutes to see if I can find any mention of a resolution within the past year, proving that the 2012 resolution is the reason they didn't pass one recently.

* Effingham just passed 2 new resolutions today:

* A resolution to void the need for all FOID cards in the county. Not sure on the specifics yet until i read it.

* A resolution to urge other counties to slit away from Chicago with them to form a new state.

https://www.illinoisreview.com/illinoisreview/2019/04/effingham-county-board-to-consider-voiding-foid-card-offering-chicago-separation-referendum.html?fbclid=IwAR2KoxMiyrZtH-sSiTwgdgbpAnQTnQhd9GmwJesnfxgQQaDbCA97G5Itlw8

It's just a matter of time until a game warden catches someone without their FOID in Effingham. No county resolution will help them with that..I applaud their idea but it seems pretty toothless.Why wouldn't if county's state attorney would not prosecute?

This question is actually the answer. If the prosecutor is not on board with the sanctuary county, then you have no sanctuary.

^ this ***

Posted in the Salem / Marion County Town Hall thread

How was the turnout? I think I read the States Attorney also made a statement on 2nd amendment prosecutions...true?

State's Attorney did speak, basically said his job is to prosecute criminals and not to infringe on people's Second amendment rights.

and from a Wayne County town hall thread

A great turnout this evening with 200+ (I’m guessing 250+ actually).

State’s Attorney Kakac has stated that otherwise law-abiding gun owners need not fear if SB107 or similar were to pass.

Sheriff Everett has also stated that he nor his deputies will be taking guns away from those who are otherwise law-abiding. He says that as long as he is in office, consider yourself safe.

Archived