Sanctuary gun counties in Illinois

Ranger

Do any of these have language stating part of the reasoning being, they have sworn to uphold the Constitution?

This is the referendum I wrote for White County. It was approved unanimously by the board, went to vote, and was passed 86%-14%:

RESOLUTION TO PRESENT AN ADVISORY PUBLIC QUESTION VIA A COUNTYWIDE REFERENDUM IN THE MATTER OF SUPPORTING THE CIVIL RIGHTS OF FIREARM OWNERS

WHEREAS, the White County Board opposes the passage of any bill where the Illinois General Assembly desires to restrict the individual rights of U.S. Citizens as protected in the United States Constitution,

WHEREAS, the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms is guaranteed as an individual right under the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution and under the Constitution of the State of Illinois, and;

WHEREAS, the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms for defense of Life, Liberty, and Property is regarded as an Inalienable Right by the People of White County, Illinois, and as stated in the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution “…being necessary to the security of a Free State.”

WHEREAS, the Rights enumerated under the Fourth, Fifth, and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution, as well as numerous Sections enumerated in Article I of the Illinois Constitution have been threatened, and:

WHEREAS, the People of White County, Illinois derive economic benefit from all safe forms of firearms recreation, hunting, and shooting conducted within the county using all types of arms allowable under the United States Constitution, and;

WHEREAS, the White County Board, being elected to represent the People of the County and being duly sworn by the Oath of Office to uphold the Constitutions of the United States and the State of Illinois, and;

WHEREAS, the Illinois House of Representatives and the Illinois Senate, being elected by the People of the State of Illinois and being duly sworn by the Oath of Office to uphold the Constitutions of the United States and the State of Illinois, and;

WHEREAS, the Governor of Illinois, being elected to represent the People of the State of Illinois, and being duly sworn by the Oath of Office to uphold the Constitutions of the United States and the State of Illinois, and;

WHEREAS, any bills under consideration by the Illinois legislature which would infringe on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, and would ban the possession and use of firearms, magazines, body armor, and related items by peaceable citizens of White County, Illinois for defense of Life, Liberty, and Property and would ban the possession and use of arms now employed for safe forms of recreation, hunting, and shooting conducted within White County, Illinois;

WHEREAS, in order to ensure the voices of the People of White County, Illinois are heard in Springfield, and throughout the State and Nation, the White County Board seeks to place an advisory public question before the electorate via a REFERENDUM on the November 6, 2018 ballot seeking to inform the Illinois General Assembly that the People of White County, Illinois OPPOSE any and all legislation which would infringe upon the Constitutional Rights of the People of White County Illinois to Keep and Bear Arms.

“The People of White County, Illinois are OPPOSED to all attempts by the Illinois General Assembly, in violation of their Oath of Office, to infringe upon the Constitutional Right of the PEOPLE to Keep and Bear Arms.”

[ ] Yes

[ ] No

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, by the White County, Illinois Board that the aforementioned advisory question be presented to the electorate via a countywide referendum on the November 6, 2018 ballot; and approved by vote, the results forwarded by the Clerk of White County to the Illinois House of Representatives, Illinois Senate, and Office of the Governor.

• 3 weeks later...

Letterhead ALERT FOR WILL COUNTY MEMBERS Supporters of the Second Amendment, The current and past Presidents of the Illinois State Rifle Association as well as several Will County Board members asked me to invite you to sign in for Public Comment and politely speak out at the Will County Judicial Committee meeting on:

Tuesday April 2, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.

at 302 N. Chicago Will County Judicial Committee.

The doors open up at 8:30 a.m. This Committee is planning on discussing the following proposed Resolution in Support of the Second Amendment: Resolution Supporting the Second Amendment and opposing Illinois General Assembly and or any local government attempts to restrict the individual right of U.S. Citizens as protected by the Second Amendment of the U.S. constitution.

Whereas, the right of the people to keep and bear arms for defense of Life, Liberty, and Property is regarded as an Inalienable Right by the people of Will County, and; Whereas, the people of Will County derive economic benefit from all safe forms of firearms recreation, hunting, and shooting conducted in Will County using all sorts of firearms allowable under the U.S. Constitution and;

Whereas, legislation at the County, State, and Local level, creating economic hardship on lawfully owned and operated, small business firearm dealerships, may in effect force them to close, or create undue burdens and price increases on persons lawfully purchasing firearms putting a negative impact on local economies thru job loss and sales tax loss and;

Whereas, Will County being the 3rd County to pass a Resolution in favor the State of Illinois concealed carry was necessary, and the State soon after passed concealed carry legislation and; Whereas, The U.S. Constitution 2nd Amendment states” A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed and;

Whereas, The Illinois Constitution Section 1 Article 7 States “ The State militia consists of all able-bodied persons residing in the State except those exempted by law and ;

Whereas, Those Elected to public office took an Oath to serve and protect the Constitution of the United States and the State of Illinois and;;

Therefore, be Resolved that, Will County understands the Second Amendment is our Constitutional right, and this Resolution is in keeping with the current standards of law and opposes any infringement on rights guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution.

I personally support the Second Amendment. In Illinois, the Second Amendment is under attack. The word is out that gun grabbers are going to be there. I am going to speak out at this committee meeting on next Tuesday and I would ask you to join me and also say a minute or two of words of support and ask the committee endorse this proposed Resolution. The more people the better. Thank you for any consideration.

Ed Ronkowski, Mokena, Illinois

Check out ISRA's website at www.isra.org! Tell us what you think! Follow the ISRA on Twitter and Facebook. Give the gift of an ISRA membership. Not an ISRA Member? Join Today! PO Box 637 420 E Locust St Chatsworth Illinois 60921 USA Unsubscribe | Change Subscriber Options Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Added Ogle.Let me know if any are missing or wrong.attachicon.gifMap_of_Illinois_Gun_Sanctuary_ Counties.2019.02.21.png

Is it possible to add a symbol/ star? do designate counties with state's attorneys who have publicly declared they will protect Constitutional rights in their county?

Williamson, White, Effingham, Jasper, a few others, I think.

I see now that the State of Colorado is threatening to jail/fine County Sheriffs that do not enforce State laws like magazine bans etc. So, what about Illinois? When will we see the State prosecuting the Sheriffs of so called Sanctuary Counties that refuse to follow State laws if they are enacted?

How's this gonna work?

VooDoo

I see now that the State of Colorado is threatening to jail/fine County Sheriffs that do not enforce State laws like magazine bans etc. So, what about Illinois? When will we see the State prosecuting the Sheriffs of so called Sanctuary Counties that refuse to follow State laws if they are enacted?

How's this gonna work?

VooDoo

A court would rule that jailing or fining a Sheriff for refusing to enforce unconstitutional laws would be an unconstitutional act. It may also be defined as wrongful arrest since Supreme Court precedent has established that law enforcement has a right to refuse to enforce unconstitutional laws. A cop that would arrest the sheriff will probably not have legal authority to do so and as a result the arresting officer may technically be committing a kidnapping.

Added Ogle.Let me know if any are missing or wrong.attachicon.gifMap_of_Illinois_Gun_Sanctuary_ Counties.2019.02.21.png

Is it possible to add a symbol/ star? do designate counties with state's attorneys who have publicly declared they will protect Constitutional rights in their county?

Perry, Johnson, Madison (I think), a couple others.

How's this gonna work?

VooDoo

A court would rule that jailing or fining a Sheriff for refusing to enforce unconstitutional laws would be an unconstitutional act. It may also be defined as wrongful arrest since Supreme Court precedent has established that law enforcement has a right to refuse to enforce unconstitutional laws. A cop that would arrest the sheriff will probably not have legal authority to do so and as a result the arresting officer may technically be committing a kidnapping.

So it won't happen? Whew! Thanks for the Enlightenment...I was worried we were in a conundrum there for a while.

But I'll sleep tight tonight. Thank You.

VooDoo

Still looking but have found no links supporting Edwards, Wabash or Kankakee Counties voting on sanctuary/2nd amendment resolutions. Kankakee was planned for late Feb.

Edwards was a letter shown to me by David Campbell. Wabash and Kankakee have not passed resolutions, to my knowledge.
Cant find any confirmation for Jersey (edit: Jersey found, copy/pasted below) or notice for Henderson either. It would be easier if the counties had a web page and posted board minutes from meetings!

Still looking but have found no links supporting Edwards, Wabash or Kankakee Counties voting on sanctuary/2nd amendment resolutions. Kankakee was planned for late Feb.

Edwards was a letter shown to me by David Campbell. Wabash and Kankakee have not passed resolutions, to my knowledge.
Cant find any confirmation for Jersey or notice for Henderson either. It would be easier if the counties had a web page and posted board minutes from meetings!

Jersey was another one from David. He talked to the state's attorney there a little while back. I'd love to find out more on Henderson - I've looked high and low and even emailed the county clerk with no success.

Jersey County minutes 8-14-2018 passed

b. Chairman Little presented a Resolution of the County Board of the County of Jersey, Illinois in Support of the Right of Citizens to Keep and Bear Arms. He said that, though the board did not have legal authority to establish Jersey County as a sanctuary county, he hoped the resolution would serve to voice the boards opposition to any legislation that would unconstitutionally infringe upon the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

A motion was made by Mr. Henerfouth to adopt the Resolution. Second: Mr. Koenig. Motion passed unanimously on voice vote.

Can do that. Let me know the full list and I will update map.

As an update to the Will county meeting today: http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71646&do=findComment&comment=1205617

..."since the election and the influx of new democrats, the board was 5 - D's to 2 - R's. So to say it was political is an understatement.

Unfortunately the Judiciary committe failed to pass this resolution so it is dead in committee. I did speak with those individuals that put this resolution together and it will be submitted again."...

You can add Effingham I forgot them and tonight Clay county state's attorney adds his pledge to the list!

Added.

attachicon.gifMap_of_Illinois_Gun_Sanctuary_ Counties.2019.04.02.png

Kevin

Thanks for the map. Hope you didn't mind but I made copies and handed it out to the Will County Board members this morning.

Unfortunately the politics came into play and I think they just didn't realize the magnitude of this movement.

Added Edwards, Jersey, and Ogle Counties. Morgan County was made green on our map too, but their resolution was passed around 10 years ago. They were asked recently about a resolution and felt they didn't need to because they had already passed one.

So it looks like we can add Edwards and Morgan to the county map.

Archived