Sanctuary gun counties in Illinois

Ranger

Given that Mercer County has a small gun manufacturer whose primary product is an AR variation, and that there are many gun owners there, I'm surprised they aren't already on the map.

After times all they need is a nudge of a few people showing up to speak facts. I also agree with Twostarzz: these should have the stronger language emphasizing unconstitutional laws shall NOT be enforced.

http://i.imgur.com/P3aeokP.jpg

Legit????????

White County passed theirs Monday. I was present, spoke before the board, and witnessed it being approved unanimously 5-0.

The maps Kevin does are accurate to the best of my knowledge. No counties go green without verification through news sources or personally being witnessed by members here.

Legit????????

White County passed theirs Monday. I was present, spoke before the board, and witnessed it being approved unanimously 5-0.

The maps Kevin does are accurate to the best of my knowledge. No counties go green without verification through news sources or personally being witnessed by members here.

Im a little surprised these actions don't get a bit more press, at least the ones down state. I looked for White and Wayne county reports on the resolution and could find nothing.

Unfortunately, it will probably be that "cold day" before "dim" strongholds like Madison and St. Clair counties would vote for that kind of sanctuary status. :pinch:

Madison County has been trending right. Donald Trump won the county by almost 20,000 votes in 2016.

https://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/illinois/

In addition, 15 of 29 county board members are Republicans.

Legit????????

Im a little surprised these actions don't get a bit more press, at least the ones down state. I looked for White and Wayne county reports on the resolution and could find nothing.

The news media in those counties runs dreadfully slow. There was a reporter in the White County session sitting directly in front of me and taking pictures.

The news media in those counties runs dreadfully slow. There was a reporter in the White County session sitting directly in front of me and taking pictures.
Wayne County Press June 18

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=922041397956330&id=290847591075717

..."The Wayne County Board unanimously adopted a non-binding resolution Thursday night opposing any reduction of gun rights by legislation being considered by the Democrat-controlled state legislature in Springfield."...

Wayne County Press June 18https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=922041397956330&id=290847591075717

..."The Wayne County Board unanimously adopted a non-binding resolution Thursday night opposing any reduction of gun rights by legislation being considered by the Democrat-controlled state legislature in Springfield."...

Thanks, was just coming in to report that myself. It was in Monday’s issue of the paper.

Any word on the Will county resolution vote?

The meeting of the full board is on June 21. There doesn't appear to be an agenda available yet.The executive committee meets June 14. I don't see the resolution on their agenda.

I spoke at the Will County board meeting today. The resolution wasn't on the agenda but hopefully my point got across.

Not very good at public speaking at all.

http://www.week.com/story/38473299/tazewell-county-board-is-considering-becoming-a-sanctuary-county-for-firearms

"The Tazewell County Board is considering becoming a sanctuary county for firearms.

At a Wednesday night meeting they discussed adopting a resolution supporters say would protect their Second Amendment rights. Basically, if the government bans certain guns, including assault-style weapons, they simply wouldn't enforce it."

"The decision will go to the full board for a vote next Wednesday."

Reposted from other thread for continuity and tracking

It is on the agenda for the Bond countys board meeting. Tonight (19 June) at 7 pm.

Any update on Bond county?

edit:

http://www.wgel.com/news/2018/06/county-board-talks-gun-sanctuary-with-a-full-house/

County Board Talks Gun Sanctuary With A Full House

Gun sanctuary was the main topic of discussion again at Tuesdays Bond County Board meeting. A large crowd gathered and for the second consecutive meeting, the proceedings had to be moved into the county courtroom to accommodate the audience.

The Bond County Board proposed a resolution in support of the Second Amendment and residents weighed in during a discussion for over 30 minutes.

Most audience members urged the county board to include language naming Bond County a sanctuary county for law abiding gun owners.

Many counties in the area have passed sanctuary resolutions. These resolutions are not legally binding in any way, but are intended to send a message to lawmakers. The resolutions specifically speak out in opposition to four proposed House Bills and one proposed Senate Bill. Effingham Countys resolution goes so far as to say should those measures pass, the county will prohibit employees from enforcing them.

Board members expressed hesitation to include the word sanctuary in their resolution.

Bond County Board Chairman Howard Elmore told WGEL the board looked into other sanctuary counties and noted that the laws those counties were opposing hadnt passed yet. He also said the Bond County board did not want to instruct anyone to break any laws.

Click below to hear his comments in full:

Following discussion, board member Gerald Spanky McCray said the proposed resolution wasnt enough for those in attendance and moved to take no action on the matter and work on the resolution some more. That motion passed three to two, with Howard Elmore and Wes Pourchot voting no.

The resolution proposed by the county board Tuesday follows

Sad these board members do not understand nullification nor the Tenth Amendment.

The Second Amendment is the Right of the People, not the State.

The State, let alone the Federal government, should not be making any firearm laws.

The county has the right to nullify an unconstitutional act.

That said, the state attorney in that county should support the county's resolution to nullify.

They use "discretion" all the time, and to which nullification should be held higher.

post-4657-0-75617100-1529623045_thumb.png

Archived