Sanctuary gun counties in Illinois

Ranger

Sounds like some more possibilities but not completely sure what they passed

https://jg-tc.com/news/local/clark-county-board-to-vote-on-gun-sanctuary-resolution/article_10ed4fd9-c7ab-5ff9-9bc2-32282fe52a75.html

...The Clark County Board is scheduled Friday morning to consider approving a proposal to proclaim Clark County as a gun sanctuary...

..The Cumberland County Board approved a gun sanctuary resolution on May 8, the Christian County Board approved one of these resolutions on Tuesday, and the Shelby County Board is scheduled to consider a gun sanctuary resolution...

edit for Christian County: http://www.pantagraph.com/herald-review/news/state-and-regional/christian-county-adopts-gun-sanctuary-resolution/article_5b197a65-6181-5d55-b6bb-5ae86702b33b.html

Sounds like some more possibilities but not completely sure what they passed

https://jg-tc.com/news/local/clark-county-board-to-vote-on-gun-sanctuary-resolution/article_10ed4fd9-c7ab-5ff9-9bc2-32282fe52a75.html

...The Clark County Board is scheduled Friday morning to consider approving a proposal to proclaim Clark County as a gun sanctuary...

..The Cumberland County Board approved a gun sanctuary resolution on May 8, the Christian County Board approved one of these resolutions on Tuesday, and the Shelby County Board is scheduled to consider a gun sanctuary resolution...

Updated map. Let me know if there are mistakes.

Clark County delayed. Guess they have a lawyer there that never heard of nullification. Wants to seek legal counsel before moving forward.

post-4657-0-57989100-1526688219_thumb.png

As residents of Macon County, Illinois, we are calling on the Macon County Board to vote in favor of making Macon County, Illinois a Sanctuary County for Gun Ownership, also referred to as the "Right To Keep And Bear Arms" in Macon County. The right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms is guaranteed as an individual right under the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and under the Constitution of the State of Illinois. The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms for defense of Life, Liberty, and Property is regarded as an Inalienable Right by the People of Macon County, Illinois. The numerous bills that continue to be filed in Springfield are a direct violation of our Second Amendment Rights. We are asking that the Macon County Board replicate the Sanctuary Resolution 18-28 filed in Effingham County, Illinois making Effingham County a Sanctuary County for Gun Ownership. This Resolution has been duplicated by several counties in Illinois, allowing them to take a stand to protect our Second Amendment rights. Under this resolution, Macon County creates a "symbolic" statement against those in Springfield that continue to fight against our Second Amendment Rights. In Macon County, our Second Amendment rights have widely been supported by our local law enforcement and judicial system. A request has been made to the Macon County Board to hold a public discussion and create a resolution at the upcoming Board Meeting in June.

Report from Wayne county: The young gent who was scheduled to speak did a fine job, the room has about 35 seats for public and most were filled.

The board chairman noted he was in favor of it as a concept but appointed a committee to go over it (State’s Attorney included) to tailor it to the county and “do it right”. The S.A. indicated he felt this was wise and mentioned that some of the language seemed alarmist, noting that the legislature likely wouldn’t be trying to pass an ex post facto law. (I think he may be surprised at how badly written some of it is). I tend to disagree with one statement he made...that using the word “sanctuary” was a bad idea. He felt it confused the message with immigration, etc. while I feel that this is exactly the point.

At any rate, they intend to take it up again at the June meeting. The S.A. even noted that it would be popular with the county citizens as “everybody here has guns”.

If the general assembly would write a bill without ex post facto issues, I would not have had to sound the alarm on in the resolution. Clean constitutional bills and we don't have an issue

contact info of board members for me/us to call?

Agreed. We need to continue the momentum. Expect a BIG turnout in Jackson County on the 22nd for their board meeting. People are livid.

As they should be! If you are a 2nd amendment supporter or still believe the Constitution is still relevant today, pleas showith up for this meeting. Do not let the minority rob you of your constitutional rights!

The Shelby County Board next month might join Effingham County and others across central Illinois in declaring itself a "sanctuary" for gun owners.

The board this week heard a request from John Warren, representing Kaskaskia River Friends of NRA, to consider a resolution declaring Shelby County a Second Amendment "sanctuary county."

Effingham County and others in Illinois have passed symbolic resolutions in defiance of recent gun control measures considered by the state.

The board asked to see examples of the resolutions. Multiple members expressed their support for a similar measure in Shelby County.

The item could be up for a vote at next month's meeting, Shelby County Chairman David Cruitt said.

The anti-firearm legislators in Illinois will be gibbering like angry, pooh-flinging chimps in fury at these municipalities daring to defy the law to stand on principle to support the Constitution and not cooperating with efforts to go against it.

Wait, um, didn't they say that immigration sanctuary cities were upholding both the spirit of the Constitution and were the right thing to do, by declaring that local law enforcement will not abide by any deportation efforts that the Federal government pursues?

Why, then, I guess they will be entirely consistent and support ALL types of sanctuary measures to go against unconstitutional laws!

I'm glad that's settled! I feel so much better now!

Edited by Molly B.

Archived