Sick of isp and waiting

For the exact same reason that an Army soldier is issued Grenades but you'll never be SOLD ONE. The Risk of these Weapons getting into a person who Will do something Illegal with it.... Iran has more than enough money to afford Nuclear Weaponry!!! But would you feel safe knowing that they gave them???

I guess we should get rid of cars and trucks also. I mean somebody might decide to drive into a bunch of people to maim and kill them. Oh wait, it has already happened. Then the trucks. They come in small to extra large sizes. Just think if someone were to load one up with explosives and park it near where lots of people congregate . Oops, that has also already happened.

How about we just blame the person who does wrong with whatever item we can name and deal with them so they don't do it again. You are letting your feels override your and others rights.

This is all a part of living in a free society.

My point is very Clear!!! Your Grandfather bought a Dynamite for whatever reason!! Now think about people like the Two brothers Who did the Boston Marathon Bombing having such easy access to the same thing in this day in age. That Casualty number would've been a heck of a lot more don't you think??

There are all kinds of things in the World today that can be used for bombs.

It Truly Amazes me at how many GOOD LAW ABIDING CITIZENS seem to be the most selfish people on the Planet. You care more about protecting Weapons that were produced for Predominantly for Our Men and Women in uniform to protect us all then you do about Protecting our Children. You'd sit and fight with me All Day but you don't have 1 Solution or even Suggestions as to Preventing Mass Shootings??? Not a single one of you hear even seems to care to chime in on their safety.

It Truly Amazes me at how many GOOD LAW ABIDING CITIZENS seem to be the most selfish people on the Planet. You care more about protecting Weapons that were produced for Predominantly for Our Men and Women in uniform to protect us all then you do about Protecting our Children. You'd sit and fight with me All Day but you don't have 1 Solution or even Suggestions as to Preventing Mass Shootings??? Not a single one of you hear even seems to care to chime in on their safety.

All sorts of suggestions have been made in other threads on this vary forum on how to protect children. How about double locking doors like a jewelry store has along with other security measures. There is not a single suggestion made by the antigunners that would have stopped any of the shootings that have happened.

If the FBI and the local police units had done their job when investigating Cruze this latest shooting would not have happened.

The item used does not matter. The number of rounds a firearm holds does not matter. If a killer is heck bent on killing people and can't get their hands on any of the items that have been named in this thread , they will most certainly find something else that will work. Have you ever heard of an Oxy-Acetylene cutting torch? Light one , set the flame , snuff out that flame and fill a capped pipe. You'll have the biggest bomb you ever wanted. Not to mention the items in your home kitchen.

One last thing .... yes I will fight to protect my rights. All of them. I also want to stop the children from being slaughtered by the crazies. I am also smart enough to know that banning items from law abiding people will not stop it.

Why do I feel like I just listened to a Fox News Contributor!!!! Hey kids I'm sorry but if someone decides to come in here today and kill all of you The exit is that way....Good Luck. WOW. Funniest part of it all is our Country has the most GUN ownership , The Most GUN LAWS, the Most Gun Crimes, More People in Prison for Guns that any other Country. But no one on the right thinks we have a Gun Problem I own more Guns than I can ever carry but I'll never be naive enough to believe that crap.

Why do I feel like I just listened to a Fox News Contributor!!!! Hey kids I'm sorry but if someone decides to come in here today and kill all of you The exit is that way....Good Luck. WOW. Funniest part of it all is our Country has the most GUN ownership , The Most GUN LAWS, the Most Gun Crimes, More People in Prison for Guns that any other Country. But no one on the right thinks we have a Gun Problem I own more Guns than I can ever carry but I'll never be naive enough to believe that crap.

You wanted examples on how to make kids safer and I gave you some. I also gave you many examples of how people can accomplish their deadly acts without a firearm of any kind. At the same time I have not heard anything from you that would save lives. How is banning any firearm or any other item going to save lives when there are so many things that can and have been used up to and including baseball bats to kill and maim?

One last thing. I have not done or said anything in any way to attack you. I have only used good common facts and you seem to be getting riled and making accusations . If a person goes out drinking , gets drunk , gets behind the wheel of a car or truck , and then hits a car and kills everyone in it , we don't blame the car . We blame the person behind the wheel. It is the same with any other item. Start blaming the person who does evil.

Somehow gun violence prevention has been transformed to ban guns and demonize the NRA.

As Papa said, drunk driving fight doesn't go after the car manufacturers or the alcohol makers/distributers/sellers.

Nor do the distracted driving while texting death prevention folks go after the vehicles, phone manufacturers or service carriers.

They can claim an AR is a weapon of war all they want but a pistol grip nor black plastic furniture makes it so...no more than any other semiauto...a 100 year old platform. Unless you advocate banning all semis, how does that help?

One of the most popular firearms sold today. And constantly reported on as evil so what else is some crackpot who knows no better going to seek out.

Another thing making an AR popular IMO is it is used in the military so those coming out already have a knowledge and familiarity with it leading to a purchase of something one already knows. And this isn't new with the AR/M16/M4, it's been that way with prior service weapons based on what I have read.

Edited by InterestedBystander

Another fallacy that gets old is; These shooters could not have killed so many if they did not have "assault" rifles and 30 round magazines. that is total nonsense.

Virginia Tech, 30 dead in 11 minutes, 174 rounds fired at 15 rounds per minute
Newtown, 26 dead in 9 minutes, 154 rounds fired at 15 rounds per minute
Columbine, 13 dead in 47 minutes, 188 rounds fired at 4 rounds per minute

source: Michael Martin from USCCA

Stoneman Douglas, 17 dead in 9 minutes

That rate of fire could come from a Civil War issued Henry Rifle.

Edited by NRApistol

You wanted examples on how to make kids safer and I gave you some. I also gave you many examples of how people can accomplish their deadly acts without a firearm of any kind. At the same time I have not heard anything from you that would save lives. How is banning any firearm or any other item going to save lives when there are so many things that can and have been used up to and including baseball bats to kill and maim?

One last thing. I have not done or said anything in any way to attack you. I have only used good common facts and you seem to be getting riled and making accusations . If a person goes out drinking , gets drunk , gets behind the wheel of a car or truck , and then hits a car and kills everyone in it , we don't blame the car . We blame the person behind the wheel. It is the same with any other item. Start blaming the person who does evil.

I honestly have listened to all of your points and I will admit that yes I have very strong feelings about this issue. Even as a person who strongly advocates for second amendment rights I'm infuriated that we are bickering back and forth while our Kids are dying!! I'm from Chicago so I see the results of this Gun Violence far more than I could ever have imagined I would in a lifetime. Here we are not allowed to have Semi Automatic Rifles and We have never had a Mass Shooting. Yes We absolutely have street gang Violence and I agree with you all that we will never stop all Gun Violence. Lock all of them up is how I feel. But I'm just so shocked that as a nation we've thrown our hands up and said hey " Let's just hope the shooter doesn't kill himself " so we can prosecute him. I just can't give up that easy. I should've been a politician because I don't care if we all had to pay a bit more to hire armed Gaurds and all of our students had to pass through metal detectors I just wouldn't care. We must protect these kids.

Another fallacy that gets old is; These shooters could not have killed so many if they did not have "assault" rifles and 30 round magazines. that is total nonsense.

I'm sure those 69 dead Student would love to still have a chance to hear your thoughts on how slow the bullets were that killed them Sir.

I'm sure those 69 dead Student would love to still have a chance to hear your thoughts on how slow the bullets were that killed them Sir.

That`s sick that you think I condone ANY killing. You are missing the point. THINGS don`t kill people PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. YOU are the one blaming objects, I was simply trying to show it is not the fault of "military weapons", its the sicko behind the trigger or bomb or arson or whatever.

Somehow gun violence prevention has been transformed to ban guns and demonize the NRA.

As Papa said, drunk driving fight doesn't go after the car manufacturers or the alcohol makers/distributers/sellers.

Nor do the distracted driving while texting death prevention folks go after the vehicles, phone manufacturers or service carriers.

They can claim an AR is a weapon of war all they want but a pistol grip nor black plastic furniture makes it so...no more than any other semiauto...a 100 year old platform. Unless you advocate banning all semis, how does that help?

One of the most popular firearms sold today. And constantly reported on as evil so what else is some crackpot who knows no better going to seek out.

Another thing making an AR popular IMO is it is used in the military so those coming out already have a knowledge and familiarity with it leading to a purchase of something one already knows. And this isn't new with the AR/M16/M4, it's been that way with prior service weapons based on what I have read.

The best way I can Answer you is me being from Chicago the gun of Choice here is a HandGun!! large or small Caliber, but a Handgun.

There has been a Ban on Semi automatic rifles since 2009 and you ask any Law Enforcement Officer does he not feel a bit safer knowing that Chances are high that he won't be facing a 7.62 Ak Rifle Round vs. his 9mm. I'm not Advocating for any Bans i am however wondering when do we stop B.S. ourselves about this violence.

Columbine, 13 dead in 47 minutes, 188 rounds fired at 4 rounds per minute source: Michael Martin from USCCA

That`s sick that you think I condone ANY killing. You are missing the point. THINGS don`t kill people PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. YOU are the one blaming objects, I was simply trying to show it is not the fault of "military weapons", its the sicko behind the trigger or bomb or arson or whatever.

I didn't disagree with you about those responsible for committing the acts. I do However disagree that (and yes I know it was an analogy) but still I would take my chances any day on getting away from a guy with a car, or a baseball bat or even attempting to reload his revolver vs. a guy flipping out a 50 round mag filled with .556 Nato rounds. But that's just me.

There has been a Ban on Semi automatic rifles since 2009 and you ask any Law Enforcement Officer does he not feel a bit safer knowing that Chances are high that he won't be facing a 7.62 Ak Rifle Round vs. his 9mm.

Isn't it just an "assault ban" and not all Semis? I thought I could have a Mini30 or an SKS in 7.62x39 or a good ole M1 Carbine in .30. The percentage of shootings with rifles is small regardless if they are scarey looking or not.

I'm not Advocating for any Bans

ok, I was not quite sure Edited by InterestedBystander

Cordell, it seems you may have bought into some of the anti gun deceptions. I'm not sure just what you are advocating.

As far as student safety, here are some facts:

While the news media and anti gun folks wail on about school shootings, the truth is our students have never been safer than present day.

Your school aged child is about 300 times more likely to be harmed by something from your medicine cabinet than from your gun cabinet.

Children are statistically safer in school than they are at home.

IF I were determined and mentally sick enough (I'm not) to want to kill a bunch of school children, I could inflict more harm with a 12g shotgun than any of my AR15s, and possibly more with a vehicle than any firearm. Talking about ar15s like they are some kind of supercharged killing machine is a mistake.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here but I don't think I'll be making any more effort to debate or educate you.

Cordell, it seems you may have bought into some of the anti gun deceptions. I'm not sure just what you are advocating.

As far as student safety, here are some facts:

While the news media and anti gun folks wail on about school shootings, the truth is our students have never been safer than present day.

Your school aged child is about 300 times more likely to be harmed by something from your medicine cabinet than from your gun cabinet.

Children are statistically safer in school than they are at home.

IF I were determined and mentally sick enough (I'm not) to want to kill a bunch of school children, I could inflict more harm with a 12g shotgun than any of my AR15s, and possibly more with a vehicle than any firearm. Talking about ar15s like they are some kind of supercharged killing machine is a mistake.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here but I don't think I'll be making any more effort to debate or educate you.

You really believe you've just educated me with your useless facts Your argument about how kids are MORE LIKELY TO DIE IS THE BEST YOU COULD COME UP WITH HUH‍♂️ Nothing more??? As I've Said before we reside in A country where we have the Highest Amount of Gun Violence on the Planet. But you feel that anyone who believes we have a Gun Problem is a Left wing deceptionist So I only have 1 further question for Anyone who cares to Answer. WHY DOES OUR COUNTRY LEAD THE ENTIRE WORLD IN GUN VIOLENCE???? Are we as Americans the Real CRAZIES???

I certainly understand the frustration!!! I was Under Board Review for 15 months then one day I checked the ISP website and I was Active. There was no email no notice in the U.S. Mail. Just like that I had my Conceal Carry license.

I'm not shocked about that at all because you seem you have some anger issues.

This forum is not about I'm going to go on a rant and argue with everybody.

"Go argue with yourself friend I'm done!!!"

You wrote that and perhaps you should stick to it.

You should go argue with yourself.

You don't get to Judge what this forum is about "MICK G" I'm for second amendment the same as anyone else. The difference is you seem to believe that there is no answer to curb Gun Violence in our Country and I will ARGUE that there is. I've not been mean or disrespectful to anyone. I am a Centrist not a Right or Left Winger. I believe there are people within our Government who would rather vote party line no matter the cost. And you Sir would dare explain to children that ALTHOUGH THEIR FRIENDS WERE KILLED IN SCHOOL Its not very likely that it will happen again so don't worry the guy killed himself and everyone is safe... No sir not me.

I'm from Chicago so I see the results of this Gun Violence far more than I could ever have imagined I would in a lifetime. Here we are not allowed to have Semi Automatic Rifles

When did they ban semi auto rifles in Chicago? I thought only the scary looking black rifles were banned.

If you really want to protect the children get the school GFZ designation repealed and take you gun and sit in the back of your kid's classroom so YOU could stop anyone intent on doing harm to them.

I'm from Chicago so I see the results of this Gun Violence far more than I could ever have imagined I would in a lifetime. Here we are not allowed to have Semi Automatic Rifles

When did they ban semi auto rifles in Chicago? I thought only the scary looking black rifles were banned.

If you really want to protect the children get the school GFZ designation repealed and take you gun and sit in the back of your kid's classroom so YOU could stop anyone intent on doing harm to them.

I was actually thinking we should all contact our elected officials and have a bill proposed to have everyone pay a little more county tax, install body scanners and hire trained armed security for Schools.... Sorry I'm a bit of a dreamer.

I certainly understand the frustration!!! I was Under Board Review for 15 months then one day I checked the ISP website and I was Active. There was no email no notice in the U.S. Mail. Just like that I had my Conceal Carry license.

I'm not shocked about that at all because you seem you have some anger issues.

This forum is not about I'm going to go on a rant and argue with everybody."Go argue with yourself friend I'm done!!!"

You wrote that and perhaps you should stick to it.

You should go argue with yourself.

You don't get to Judge what this forum is about "MICK G" I'm for second amendment the same as anyone else. The difference is you seem to believe that there is no answer to curb Gun Violence in our Country and I will ARGUE that there is. I've not been mean or disrespectful to anyone. I am a Centrist not a Right or Left Winger. I believe there are people within our Government who would rather vote party line no matter the cost. And you Sir would dare explain to children that ALTHOUGH THEIR FRIENDS WERE KILLED IN SCHOOL Its not very likely that it will happen again so don't worry the guy killed himself and everyone is safe... No sir not me.

No the Moderators do get to judge what this forum is about.

That usually means people who come on here and start many arguments get a warning.

Then they disappear. I'm not arguing a thing, I'm stating that you are.

Arguing with everybody regardless of how strong your beliefs are is for debate.org.

Whether you meant to be disrespectful or mean is subject to interpretation.

You have been mean and disrespectful and that's all that counts.

If I had one thing to say, it's you seem a bit left more then center buts that's just my opinion.

No need for caps or quotation marks. Cordell calm down, that's all I'm saying

This isn't an argument forum. That's for debate.org.

I've been a Member of this Forum longer than you Mick. This thread is the only time it's gotten a little personal. I did not know any of those Children personally but I feel like they were all My own kids. We OWE them more than LEARNING CPR to try and save them after they've been shot as former Senator Rick Santorum so gently put it. However I will agree with you that I may seem Rantish and I'll desist with my opinions on this matter.

I'm not shocked about that at all because you seem you have some anger issues.This forum is not about I'm going to go on a rant and argue with everybody."Go argue with yourself friend I'm done!!!" You wrote that and perhaps you should stick to it.You should go argue with yourself.
No the Moderators do get to judge what this forum is about.That usually means people who come on here and start many arguments get a warning. Then they disappear. I'm not arguing a thing, I'm stating that you are.Arguing with everybody regardless of how strong your beliefs are is for debate.org. Whether you meant to be disrespectful or mean is subject to interpretation.You have been mean and disrespectful and that's all that counts.If I had one thing to say, it's you seem a bit left more then center buts that's just my opinion.No need for caps or quotation marks. Cordell calm down, that's all I'm sayingThis isn't an argument forum. That's for debate.org.
I've been a Member of this Forum longer than you Mick. This thread is the only time it's gotten a little personal. I did not know any of those Children personally but I feel like they were all My own kids. We OWE them more than LEARNING CPR to try and save them after they've been shot as former Senator Rick Santorum so gently put it. However I will agree with you that I may seem Rantish and I'll desist with my opinions on this matter.
I'm not saying desist, you are entitled to your opinion.I'm just saying take it down a notch or two.That's all, we're cool.

Touché

I did not know any of those Children personally but I feel like they were all My own kids. We OWE them more than LEARNING CPR to try and save them after they've been shot as former Senator Rick Santorum so gently put it.

I couldn`t agree with you more. We do owe these children more, we need to address WHY they are killing each other, not HOW they are killing each other. Some of us have been trying to point out that if they want to do each other harm they WILL find a way. You are constantly focusing on a black rifle. Other countries have much more violence than we do, they just use different methods. Personally I would rather be shot than have my head slowly hacked off with a knife, but as you say, that`s just me.

Edited by NRApistol

I did not know any of those Children personally but I feel like they were all My own kids. We OWE them more than LEARNING CPR to try and save them after they've been shot as former Senator Rick Santorum so gently put it.

I couldn`t agree with you more. We do owe these children more, we need to address WHY they are killing each other, not HOW they are killing each other. Some of us have been trying to point out that if they want to do each other harm they WILL find a way. You are constantly focusing on gun violence. Other countries have much more violence than we do, they just use different methods. Personally I would rather be shot than have my head slowly hacked off with a knife, but as you say, that`s just me.

I Agree with you. Nothing We Can Do.

I couldn`t agree with you more. We do owe these children more, we need to address WHY they are killing each other, not HOW they are killing each other. Some of us have been trying to point out that if they want to do each other harm they WILL find a way. You are constantly focusing on gun violence. Other countries have much more violence than we do, they just use different methods. Personally I would rather be shot than have my head slowly hacked off with a knife, but as you say, that`s just me.

I Agree with you. Nothing We Can Do.

I didn`t say we couldn`t do anything to stop kids from hurting kids. Taking a gun away from a law abiding person is not the answer. We had a shooter (revenge for being bullied) at our local high school. The community demanded the school board do something, so they did. They installed $60,000 worth of cameras and servers to record them. They did nothing to further limit access to the building. BUT now they will know who caused the harm, they didn`t take efforts to stop it, just record it. And you propose we give these people more of my tax dollars.