Social Psychology Suggests 'March for Our Lives' Is Unlikely to Change Anything.

Hipshot Percussion

Interesting article

"Like many recent political movements, March for Our Lives was marked with grandstanding, emotional appeals and the moral outrage that have come to define modern political protests. The mainstream media promises, however, that “this time, it’s different,” and this march for gun control (let’s be honest about its intentions) will change America and eventually end the gun debate.

Social psychology, on the other hand, tells us that movements like March for Our Lives are unlikely to change anything. This is because, despite their bold rhetoric, these movements operate entirely on what is called a high construal level, or being defined by features which all but guarantee that no matter how much outrage there may be, no concrete, workable solution will emerge."

Read the rest of the article HERE

let me help them relieve their overhead a bit...... they can fire about 20 people researching this garbage and just realize what is common knowledge for the last 20 years.

Its called a 24 hour news cycle... crap stays on the hotseat only so long as theres newsworthy content. The day after they dont have a spectacular headline it is quickly forgotten.

How many people sit around thinking about crap that happened a year ago. For instance: a year ago the biggest headline was all about Trump removing Obama executive orders which aligned us with the Paris climate garbage accord. It was YOUGE story that day..... you still thinking about the paris climate crap? NO..... you only respond to todays headlines.

March for our lives along with every other recent anti-2A movement will be long forgotten as soon as Paris Hilton declares she too slept with Trump or some other stupid Hollywood story that the MSM decides is the new crisis.

Its amazing how much money goes into these fancy studies ( we are paying for them btw through govt handouts, and yes it appears shrimp does indeed have a very short activity time on a treadmill that was a good use of our money), we already know these things. Such as: people have a short attention span, people react in the most unreasonable manner, people in general are just down right stupid. I dont need a study to tell me any of this.

The same applies to women's march and immigration march and anything else that emerges by 'we must do something'. People like to get behind ideas and for good or bad social media makes this incredibly easy. Here's a somewhat related example...my neighbor plasters all these Facebook frames in support of all those marches. One day I was talking with her and she was scared because some black guy was parking on our street (fancy suburb). And yet I'm the one being called racism and sexist because of being conservative. Hint, I didn't even notice he was black because that still doesn't matter to me. And for others...what women rights were taken away during Trump's administration? What women rights were rescued because of the march? And finally...where is that huge list of women rights that could have been taken away if they didn't march...ugh!

Archived