quick update from Todd

Tvandermyde

If they want to ban magazines for felons, fine, but don't come after us who are lawful owners/possessors. If they were smart, they would require a FOID for purchase, but no, they are dumb.

Now that's ok Idea I would be behind anything firearm releated to cleaning supplies to mags to anything that can or will go on firearm FOID required PERIOD!

ac88dde6cf67b821493c5ccf1f8755d2.jpg

17 rounds? What a random amount.

Either way...it would still make 90% of the magazines I currently own illegal...

None of this has an ounce of logic behind it, its just anti-firearm politicians attempting to mess with firearm owners. They're not stupid enough to really think it would have impact on crime or deaths...

...well, at least I think they're not stupid enough..who knows.

17 rounds because Glock 17. Would much rather see it be 30

Hypothetical question, if they said 30 round magazine limit for both rifle and pistol, would any of us be willing to compromise to that?

Compromise means we get something in return.

In every case so far they take take take and call it "compromise".

Give up GFZs and I'll slide at 30.

Why not make it a ban on magazines for felons? Why even word it that it affects law abiding citizens?

We'll fight just as hard against 17rds as against 10rds!

This is what I was suggesting last week. Magazine ban for felons. Body armor is already banned for felons.

They could also make more than 10 round magazine a increased penalty and/or increase penalty if body armor, magazines, or gun are used to commit a violent crime.

I am all for putting these guys away for life by stacking charges.

Why not make it a ban on magazines for felons? Why even word it that it affects law abiding citizens?We'll fight just as hard against 17rds as against 10rds!

This is what I was suggesting last week. Magazine ban for felons. Body armor is already banned for felons.They could also make more than 10 round magazine a increased penalty and/or increase penalty if body armor, magazines, or gun are used to commit a violent crime.I am all for putting these guys away for life by stacking charges.

I agree, but none of this is really about safety or whatever. It is politics. Illinois politics. We are but mere subjects who really are to be used for their purposes. Besides, if they are too hard on criminals, they lose a big part of their voting base...

But it's not about banning stuff from felons they're already not supposed to have... well, I suppose they can currently have mags, just not the guns they go to.

It's about preventing MORE destruction in the next shooting.

Seriously, one of the more common arguments I've seen lately is, "The next mass shooting suspect is still likely a law abiding gun owner today."

You can't reason with crap like that.

Why not make it a ban on magazines for felons?

Yeah if they just added wording that makes it a ban on mags or body armor for felons, I could get down with that.

If they want to write bills that make things illegal for criminals or bills that make things that are already illegal extra super illegal I can understand that. Just don't turn us into criminals because you have to get your warm and fuzzy on.

I'd even be fine with a band on magazine size when used in the commitment of a list of felonies.
Hmm how about nope! Just think about what you’re thinking and try and see if it would work. They would love to make you a felon.

Either way...it would still make 90% of the magazines I currently own illegal...

None of this has an ounce of logic behind it, its just anti-firearm politicians attempting to mess with firearm owners. They're not stupid enough to really think it would have impact on crime or deaths...

Hypothetical question, if they said 30 round magazine limit for both rifle and pistol, would any of us be willing to compromise to that?

heck no

Why? they won't compromise on anything?

It's just a feel good issue, parkland nutbar supposedly used 10 rounders, so did other mass shooters, the mags aren't the issue.

But it's not about banning stuff from felons they're already not supposed to have... well, I suppose they can currently have mags, just not the guns they go to. It's about preventing MORE destruction in the next shooting. Seriously, one of the more common arguments I've seen lately is, "The next mass shooting suspect is still likely a law abiding gun owner today." You can't reason with crap like that.

You counter that with, if you make guns less appealing an alternative, then they will move to more deadly alternatives, such as Explosives, or Explosive laden vehicles. Both of which could kill many more people in an area like a school, or a concert, or a church, etc. And, it takes the blink of an eye, with near ZERO chance at stopping by anyone nearby, let alone LEOs..

Just don't turn us into criminals because you have to get your warm and fuzzy on.

Never forget, Gun Control isn't about the guns. It's about Control.. and they can't control you unless you're a criminal.

Turning us into criminals isn't a bug, it's a feature. It's the goal. It's the reason they're doing it in the first place.

Yes. Government can only control you through force of law. So how do they add to their control? They make every little thing a crime, so they have more control over you. It's been this way forever, but the Dems have really upped the stakes a lot in the last many years...

Personally I'm not willing to give them anything. They can all go f*ck themselves. Sick and tired of the bs that pours out of their mouths and them creating laws based on "feelings". There is a serious lack of common sense in this country today. Wish we could split this country in half and let all these liberal brain dead sheep live on 1 side and us on the other, then we can watch as they destroy themselves and when they're done we can take the other half back.

If they want to ban magazines for felons, fine, but don't come after us who are lawful owners/possessors. If they were smart, they would require a FOID for purchase, but no, they are dumb.

Now that's ok Idea I would be behind anything firearm releated to cleaning supplies to mags to anything that can or will go on firearm FOID required PERIOD!

Pardon me if I am not understanding correctly . Are you saying you would back needing a FOID card to buy cleaning supplies for a firearm? I would like to see the FOID card gone and I am not alone in that wish.

But it's not about banning stuff from felons they're already not supposed to have... well, I suppose they can currently have mags, just not the guns they go to.

It's about preventing MORE destruction in the next shooting.

Seriously, one of the more common arguments I've seen lately is, "The next mass shooting suspect is still likely a law abiding gun owner today."

You can't reason with crap like that.

Kindly point out that they are in possession of a vagina (or penis) and are capable of using it illegally. Are they a prostitute (or rapist) in the making?

I will never understand how a magazine capacity limit is ever successfully fought in court. They don't have studies to back up the lower number. It's an arbitrary number. So what do you tell the Judge? "Um...well, no, we don't have any reports or studies that confirm the thought that less rounds will mean less murders... but... you know... you have to remember... we really, REALLY kinda think it might perchance possibly, mayhap, could, conceivably, maybe work... you know... if you throw in a S.W.A.G.... so um... you know,.. that should be enough to cover it... right? I mean, really, Right?!"

Thank God Trump is loading the courts with Originalist Justices. He is going to change the landscape of the American Justice system for the next 20 years. That's where his value lies. If we add a couple more SCOTUS picks, all this legislative non-sense will eventually come to an end.

Current vacancies - 145 .... Nominations Confirmed - 23 .... Nominations Pending - 43

EDITED because I always edit best after I've posted something

So the scuttlebutt going around yesterday is no gun votes in the House this week.

Last weeks little show was to help a number of democrats in Cook County with primaries and to change the topic away from Madigan's handling of internal personell issues.

They realize they have a pos on their hands witht he mag / body armor ban. Word is they may increase the limit to 17 and change out the Armor language to make it a ban for felons.

The Senate is poised to act next week, so we'll have another showdown over some votes.

On HB-1465 continue to stress the surrender aspect of the bill forcing those young adults to relinquish their firearms and how it will impact the shooting sports for kids.

As always, thank you for the update. It's good to know what's going on.

Most handguns would be fine, most rifle magazines of interest would not be.

Punish and make Nicholas Cruz a felon who is responsible for this crime in Florida. Don't make felons and take away the rights of law abiding people in Illinois who have nothing to do with this crime. They are undermining and making a mockery of the legislative process and justice system. If the Constitution is the law of the land and doesn't matter anymore how can these laws matter? Liberals are leading by example by picking and choosing which laws they want to obey. How can people become felons for the actions of a criminal and all of a sudden are asked to surrender without compensation items they previously bought legally and are protected by the constitution? Communists confiscated people's property without compensation and made people felons and imprisoned them and their family members. These people are worse, they don't care if millions of people are imprisoned to please billionaires and the cabal and impose their will on us. What has happened to America and freedom? History is repeating itself. This is incomprehensible, have they heard of the American justice system and innocent until proven guilty. This is not the Soviet Union. How can these "legislators" even consider these unconstitutional and tyrannical and unjust laws and expect people to obey them.

Archived