Black Friday Specials / Sales thread.

Dx54r

I hope this topic is okay for me to make, but is anyone interested in sharing black Friday specials?

I'm flipping through the bass pro catalogue and a few things have caught my eye.

Bass Pro has Remington 870 Express shotguns on November 22 and 23 for only 200 bucks after rebate.

350 round UMC 9mm buckets for 50 bucks after rebate all week.

Ruger LCP's for only 180 bucks on November 24th.

I haven't even started looking at online specials, but these three popped out at me as great deals.

I could use a bolt action .22 rifle. Dick's Sporting Goods will have a Savage Mark II GXP (a Mark II with a wood stock and sub-standard scope) on sale for $179, with $50 rebate. A good price, except for two things. First, it's a Dick's "exclusive" model without the Savage Accutrigger (I went in tonight and had the sales person remove the trigger lock to confirm that - I couldn't touch the gun while the trigger lock was off because, "Anything goes when this thing's not locked down."). Second, after my last trip to Dick's where they gave me a special "extra cooling off period," I told them I'd never shop there again.

But $129 for a rifle even with a bottom-of-the-line scope isn't that bad, and might make me reconsider my Dick's non-shopping policy, if only for one purchase. The thing that gets me is the trigger. I have several Savage rifles with Accutriggers, and I like them. I've seen youtube videos on trigger modifications for non-Accutrigger guns, and it doesn't look too complicated. But I've never shot a non-Accutrigger Savage. Does anyone have a Mark II (any model) without the Accutrigger, and how bad is it? Has anyone modified it, and how well did it perform afterward, particularly compared to an Accutrigger model?

I'm always interested in hearing about online black Friday ads but I stopped shopping stores for black Fridaydeals years ago. My experience was that the stores only had limited (very limited) quantities on hand and they wouldn't issue rain checks. Meaning, that you had one shot at a deal. You had to pick your deal and then go early (very early), wait in line hours before store opening, finally gain access, and then get to the 'display' just in time to find out the store was sent only two of the item you were looking for. In some cases prior to store opening the suckers waiting outside were issued claim tickets (only one) for the preferred item they were looking for. When they ran out of tickets you were out of luck. Then, if you missed your shot at that one store you also no longer had any shot at any of the other stores because they ran out of their item early as well.

The heck with that. I'd rather get my sleep.

My merchandising training helps me to understand that the intent of black Friday sales is to get the suckers to the store so that they buy the other stuff at regular price while severely limiting the 'deal' advertised in the paper that they really came for.

Online is different. The deals might not be quite as spectacular but they're very good and generally you get what you order.

Ohh. those are good prices. Might have to head down to Bolingbrook. Do you have the exact dates for the ammo rebate? If you have a link to the ad / flyer, I'd appreciate it. :) I found http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/online-catalogs?catalogCode=BassPro/Nov2_17_48_tab, but no mention of the "bucket o bullets"...

Ohh. those are good prices. Might have to head down to Bolingbrook. Do you have the exact dates for the ammo rebate? If you have a link to the ad / flyer, I'd appreciate it. :) I found http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/online-catalogs?catalogCode=BassPro/Nov2_17_48_tab, but no mention of the "bucket o bullets"...

That honestly looks different from the advertisement I got sent, but I found it on the web.

https://www.bfads.net/stores/bass-pro-shops/ads/black-friday/page-11#

Rural king had that last year and I got my limit but looking on the Remington rebate site I don’t see it this year

I asked and Remington verifies your correct. I don’t know why the ad I found that said 2017 was for the boxes.

But it’s just valid on the buckets.

Sorry for the bad info. I was mislead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But I've never shot a non-Accutrigger Savage. Does anyone have a Mark II (any model) without the Accutrigger, and how bad is it? Has anyone modified it, and how well did it perform afterward, particularly compared to an Accutrigger model?

I bought a NIB Savage about 15 or more years ago, 223 if I recall correctly. The trigger was so bad (not the accutrigger) that I unloaded it after one range session.

Once again, I'm going to shill for Primary Arms, which not only has great deals, but also outstanding customer service.

Last year, a couple items went on sale after I'd already purchased them. I emailed them, and was credited for the difference... on a Sunday. On the busiest shopping weekend of the year. Oh, yeah, they also shipped on the same day. You can't veat that kind of service.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rural king had that last year and I got my limit but looking on the Remington rebate site I don’t see it this year

I asked and Remington verifies your correct. I don’t know why the ad I found that said 2017 was for the boxes.

But it’s just valid on the buckets.

Sorry for the bad info. I was mislead

no problem I was thinking different areas maybe had different promotions. Has happened before.

Stealth Gear has holsters 25-30% off, and mag pouches 35% off until 11/28. Use code BLACKFRIDAY at checkout.

These are great holsters, but a bit expensive. These discounts are hard to refuse.

As soon as I got the email that the 2.0 compact holsters were also available. I snagged 2 ventcore holsters.

350rd bucket of 9mm for $39.99 after $30 MIR at Academy:

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/remington-umc-9mm-brass-115-grain-pistol-target-ammunition-bucket?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=Apps+47%2C+Inc&utm_content=12478019&utm_source=CJ&utm_term=

They won't ship to IL, though. These are in stock at the local store (O'Fallon), but I'd have to pay sales tax. Still $0.13 a round after all that.

Archived